“Tucson East La Quinta”

Ranked #63 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
New mexico
“Tucson East La Quinta”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a good place to stay, overall the hotel is an older La Quinta bu the staff is friendly. The room was spacious and clean. They do not have enough smoking rooms, and it was very cold the week I stayed and had to smoke outside. I did notice they do not have enough cleaning staff. My room did not get serviced on the second day I stayed, I do not know what is up with that, most hotels will service the rooms on a daily basis. Otherwise it is a hotel and nothing is as good as your home. Great Place to stay quiet, clean and in a good location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were at La Quinta Inn Tucson East for a soccer tournament. We followed the team at this location against my better judgment after reading some of the reviews.

Our room was small with two small double beds. Who still offer rooms with small double beds? La Quinta does. We're so used to see at least the queen size type of beds. But this was a minor inconvenience. The major reason for the terrible rating is how dirty room 253 was. First, there is a bad case of mold on the ceiling, in the shower. The last paint job must have been 20 years old and the walls are so dirty it is disgusting. We stayed 2 nights and the second day, the hand towels were stained and looked dirty. Bed covers have seen much better days. Chairs are stained. The hotel in general is in need of a major renovation. Walkways are crumbling.

Also, the breakfast area is way too small for the number of rooms there. At 9:00, when we came back after the first game there was almost no food left.

We went at other La Quinta locations over the years and never were disappointed before. We understand we get what we pay for and were not expecting a 4 stars hotel but even for a lower grade hotel, mold, dirty walls and dirty towels are not acceptable!

Stay away from this location (or room 253 at least) until they do major renovations!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank ArizoNath

Travelers are raving about these Tucson hotels

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Well, you know what to expect at La Quinta and you get it. We had a nice, big, clean room overlooking the pool area on the 2nd floor and it was pleasant and quiet. There's nothing spectacular about it, but it is a good value and this is one of the nicest La Quintas I've stayed in. The breakfast was much better than most for this type of hotel; lots of beverages and choice of make your own waffle, cereals, fresh fruit and yogurt. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ajatraveler
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I just visited Tucson to attend a funeral. When I arrived at my room, I found the bathroom light on and was disgusted to find that someone had used the toilet. The toilet was plugged and nearly overflowing. When I went to contact the front desk, the phone had no template with the numbers or directory on it. It was also filthy. Upon reporting the toilet issue, someone simply offered to come unclog the toilet. No apology was given for the state of the room. I insisted on being relocated as this certainly made me question the overall cleanliness of the room. Though I was moved to a new room, the hotel staff never assumed accountability for the disgusting way I found my room. The bed in the room I was moved to was in horrible shape. The indention in the center was extreme. The bathtub faucet was leaking, the toilet was horribly stained and I was disappointed to find TVs, voices and pounding could be heard easily from the adjoining rooms. I was also disturbed to find the window was unlocked as the room was on the first floor. A screw was available to secure the window shut, though it did not leave me feeling very safe. There is a serious issue with the room quality at the hotel. The staff did not seem to be in the least bit interested in saving a customer by adequately addressing the issue. I will never stay at a La Quinta again nor will my parents who had recommended the chain to me.

4 Thank Joanie B
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I love La Quinta because they are consistently nice, are very pet-friendly (we take our dog everywhere) with no extra fees, have comfy beds, and have a decent breakfast, as far as free hotel breakfasts go. Customer service is always top-notch, and this location was no exception. The hotel was very nicely decorated, the room was super-clean, and the location was nice. There was a nice courtyard, and I felt safe in the area walking my dog. There was a Denny's right in the parking lot for a convenient bite to eat, as well as many other local restaurants nearby. The awesome AAA rate I got made this a good value. Would stay again.

2 Thank strngelitlgrrl
New Orleans
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Everyone at the hotel was extremely friendly and helpful. They welcomed our cats and helped us find a lovely park for their daily exercise. They were equally helpful with sightseeing and restaurants. The room was nice and the beds were very comfortable. The location was also convenient. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends