“Housekeeping staff lax” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #65 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Humboldt, Arizona
“Housekeeping staff lax”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

Front desk and accommodations were great. Stayed 3 days. Day one only the bathroom was cleaned. Beds were not made which made entrance to room after a long day a little disappointing. Day 2,beds were made but bathroom floor had not been swept and kleenex dispenser was empty. Clothes hook on back of bathroom door wouldn't stay up so left it on the counter. They justt put it back on the door loose. I'd be calling a meeting of housekeeping staff!!

Room Tip: There is no bad location of rooms. All rooms have no front window to the road and sliding door to pa...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ALICE N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Gassville, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Two days there. Two breakfasts supposed to run from 6 am to 9am. First morning, arrived at 8:30 am. Everything gone but waffles and dry cereal. No coffee, juice, water or milk. No protein at all, no bread. Lousy. Second day, same thing except I was there by 7:15 am. Worst ever, but don't eat at the Denny's next door; it smells like a rest home and the food and service is poor.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stacytiffin

Travelers are raving about these Tucson hotels

Orlando
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

First Staff and management are nice friendly people. The facility itself is in need of some major renovations. Night one, room 1, leaky toilet. Moved to room 2, room 2, AC broken. Moved to room 3, leaky sink, TV not working. My wife had to go back to our previous rooms to get towel, soaps, trash can, and toilt paper. I spoke to the manager who could not assure me that we would not be moved again. Both problems were repaired and manager assured us we could call him at any time with any problem. since we only used the room to sleep and shower we stayed. 5 days, Breakfast is a crap shoot, maybe milk, maybe not, If you got in early you had a better chance at getting a snack. Luckily, there is a Denny;s next door. No hand towels or washcloths unless we asked for them, same with trash can, ashtray, coffee etc. Beds were made daily. trash can might get emptied, you might, or might not get toilet We didn't expect to have to ask for toilet paper. In general room clean up was barely adequate. All in all this was not what we expected at La Quinta. The manager did waive the first nighs cost from our bill. We have stayed and usually enjoy our stays in a LQ, Not this time. We had a great time in Tucson and with our family there, We would joke and wonder, as we left to go to the hotel each night, what will our room be like tonight?

Room Tip: They have smoking rooms on request.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank tommitchell
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

I had no problems during my stay here in July 2011. Our room was clean, the staff were pleasent and there was breakfast. There was a pool which looked quite nice but i didnt get around to using it. The staff were helpful when they agreed to hold our bags for us for a few hours after we'd checked out as our train wasnt due until much later. That was appreciated so thank you. The only bad thing, and this is just to be picky, was the vending machines might need a little clean. Because the one i used was outside the dirt and leaves had got into the tray where your drink falls so when i got my drink out it was filthy. Thats it. Other than that it was all good.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sarah_11e
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

October 2011 I stayed at the Tucson La Quinta East, I chose it because its close to some friends I was visiting and know Tucson very well. It's on the South East corner of Broadway and Wilmot, adjacent to a Dennys.

Upon checking in during the late afternoon the General Manager couldn't find my reservation. I had reserved my room for about $46 a night and he was offering me $55 a night. I didn't have my confirmation on me and since he couldn't find me I had to go back to my car to look it up in my email on my laptop. When I came back inside he had mysteriously found my reservation.

I stayed with my dog and noticed there were lots of doggies staying in the hotel. The main reason I chose La Quinta was because its pet friendly and they don't charge you extra to bring a pet. My room was upstairs, located on the back side of the property. I was given a King Room that had a flat screen TV, a small fridge, and a microwave which all came in very handy. The bed had so many pillows, I was a happy camper.

My only discretion about the room was the bathroom could definitely have been cleaned better. It looked like the maid service had skimped here. But the room was clean and after using a towel I was able to get the bathroom up to par.

I stayed three nights and took advantage of the free WiFi which is incredibly easy to connect to, no passwords. Also two out of the three mornings I stayed I ate the free breakfast. You serve yourself and you can get cereal with milk, bagels and cream cheese, toast with butter and jam, make your own waffles (you pour the batter into the waffle maker-- I made one once and it was good) with syrup, assortment of fruit, yogurt, muffins, coffee, OJ and Apple Juice. A great way to start my morning. Much, much better than your average continental breakfast you get at most places which is usually just coffee and assorted danishes.

The staff was very friendly including the General Manager who remembered me a couple of days later and said Hi. I was walking by an employee and asked if I could have a couple of extra towels and she didn't hesitate to get me some fresh ones.

I was a little hesitant to stay here because of the some previous reviews but don't let them scare you. They have security at night which didn't seem needed (Broadway and Wilmot is a pretty safe area of town) and lots of lighting. I did notice a couple of ice machines that were out of service but there were other ones not that far away to get it from.

If you are looking for a bargain this La Quinta is much cheaper than it's sister locations in town and I personally think in a much more convenient location. Mostly everyone who was staying there seemed to be be travelers.

For $46 a night I was happy with my stay!

Room Tip: If you are staying upstairs there are no elevators. So if you have lots of luggage you probably want...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank adormouse
Sun City West
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

The rooms were nice and clean and well-kept. However, the outside needs lots of care. The pool wasn't clean, and the spa was cold. Needs lots of cleaning and painting on the outside. Would I stay again- probably not.

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bette F
Mariposa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

The Hotel was in a good location, front desk person was very friendly, professional, and helpful. Room and grounds were clean. Breakfast room was too crowded two days in a row had to go next door to Denny’s for breakfast but is only 100 feet away.
The only bad experience I had was after five years collecting thousands of points I was finally able to book a La Quinta room using points since most hotels have very little rooms if any available for points not to mention blackout dates. They also expected an additional $10.00 a day going form a two queen bed room to a one king bed room. No explanation as to why was provided.
The problem was my arrival and departure time had to change. I called the hotel directly and asked if it would be a problem to shift the days. They told me it would be no problem. However when I arrived they said I could only use points for one day and would have to pay full price for the other day. Something I was not told on the phone and was not indicated in the “not a problem” response I got when I called to shift the dates. So in five years I have only been able to use points for just one night’s stay so my conclusion is the La Quinta rewards points are marketing hype but in reality useless.

Room Tip: If you are expecting to use La Quinta points get it in writing and faxed to you before arriving.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple