Howard Johnson Inn - Tucson Downtown
$125
$107
$158
$140
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$79
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$77
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$88
$206
$324
$249
  • Restaurant
Omni Tucson National Resort(Tucson)
$199
$139
Omni Hotels
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2012

place is a hole but ok if you feel safe enough to sleep. though i was back in korea or thailand the bath tub was chiped and the roof appeared to need some repair the curtains were messed up and did not cover the window had to jury rig to make them stay closed. other then that its ok for a third world country but not what i expected in america.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
1  Thank JACOB H
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The hotel needs to be updated. The rooms look like they are from the 70s. The toilet leaked when you flushed it. We never touched the floor with our bare feet, always had on sandles. Then when we found a bug in our bed when we woke up was pretty scarry.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
1  Thank RICHARD915
Reviewed June 25, 2012

While traveling around Arizona we stayed in three Howard Johnson motels, this one however has got to be one of there worsed, the base of the bed was broken the bath was dirty, and the pool was closed. The reception area where continental breakfast was served was scruffy with dirty carpets and the whole area looked in disrepair

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chulton
Reviewed March 8, 2012

On the plus side, the lady who checked us in was friendly and pleasant. The price was cheap.
After that though ewww!!! The face cloth had black and red stains on in. The carpet was ripped and shredded by the bathroom. The paint and furniture chipped. Bed was sagging, although I would say the linen was clean. I thought the door was not shut as we could see outside. Turns out it was shut and bolted but there was a gap between the door and the wall. We faced the road so traffic kept us up all night. We will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Go to a different motel
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tammie E D
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently after traveling cross country and had my doubts since I was a late arrival and had to use the walk up window. I could see behind the counter from where I stood and the carpet there looked as though it had not been cleaned in decades. To my delight and surprise, the carpet in my room was no better. Walking two feet from the tiled bathroom floor to my bed, made my feet black instantly. What crud this was.

The bathroom itself had the vent grate covered up with blue painter's tape and had an obvious stench of sewer gas so bad you could taste it. This was a real health concern obviously since this is not good for you in an enclosed room like that and they must have known there was a problem and they tried to fix it with the tape. This alone made the room essentially uninhabitable.

The bathroom itself had dated fixtures, paint over ceramic tile that was peeling off, poorly installed wall outlets, a bathroom door that was falling apart and would stick shut from being overpainted so much, a toilet that looked like it came from a WWII fallout shelter and that splashed all over you when you flushed.

The laundry area was upstairs, had no lights in it, no soap available, no change machine, and looked like it would make your clothes more dirty than clean.

The door to the room had a crack in it, all around it actually, that people could see into, daylight shined into, dirt, dust, wind, and rain blew into, and generally you could just about slide your wallet through without opening the door. Not my idea of "Weathertight". Of course ants and roaches could walk in doing handstands to come visit you as you sleep. Just like camping. That area is also known to have Brown Recluse and Black Widow spiders, I don't consider doors that shut tight to be an option, a perk, or a luxury.

My room had an AC/Heater unit that did not work. It would switch off and on constantly and do basically nothing.

The outlets in the room were also 1950's vintage, worn out, and needed to be replaced. In addition there were very few of them to begin with. Plugging in your TWO prong AC cords would have them slip out and fall to the floor since they were that worn.

They have an obvious flooding and drainage problem at this place since it had rained that night, and water was flooding all over the place. The parking lot does not drain right either and walking to the office later in the week had pools of stagnant water sitting there stinking of sewage.

I was all but hit with the door and run over as I went from the night window to my room past the locked office as a female hotel employee opened the door into my face and pushed past me as I walked in front by the door with my duffel bag. She rudely and sarcastically said "Excuuuuuse ME!" as she did this to go to the lot. How nice.

The one upside of the place was an ATM in the lobby, so if you did not want to camp in the dirt I'd suggest if you needed cash and were in the area, just stop in and use that and then run away. Run far away from this place, you don't want it.

Room Tip: Avoid this one at all costs.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business