“Paid $50 on Priceline - might have overpaid”

Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport
Ranked #106 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Clemente, CA
“Paid $50 on Priceline - might have overpaid”
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Room was adequate for the short stay we had while in transit from SoCal to West Texas. I did question the cleanliness of the room as the carpet in the room had numerous unidentifiable stains. We did not allow our 9 month old to crawl around - and we are certainly not clean freaks. Location was right off of I-10 but there was little nearby in terms of eateries. Would not pay any more than $50.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank 0302-Dan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Hamilton, ON
Reviewed April 8, 2009

There is nothing that stands-out particularly much for this hotel in my mind. Well, maybe the wonderful courtyard with it's lounge and swimming pool does, but other then that, I can't remember much from my 2 night stay. The rooms were very comfortable, recently renovated and internet was free and showers were strong. It's definately a step-up from the usually Holiday Inn, and more than expected for the $50 I paid on Priceline.

I will note that the hotel's location is poor. It's not near anything other then a Wendy's and a gas station, and those are almost a mile away. And even if you wanted to walk to them, you can't because there are signs specifically forbiding pedestrians from walking on the side of the road, and trust me, it'd be dangerous to ignore the signs. However, the location is safe, and if you have a car (who doesn't in Tucson) then you will do fine and feel safe parking it on this property.

Overall, a nice, if un-memorable experience.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
Reviewed January 20, 2009

Stayed here 2 separate nights, on arrival and departure from Tucson Airport. The first night there was a large Bridge (cards) convention at the hotel and we were given a room in the tower, away from the pool. It was very mediocre and in spite of the claim that the hotel is newly renovated it did not appear to have been. Furnishings were older. What was good about this room is that is was several floors up and so it was ok to have the window open at night without too much noise from the road outside.

The second night here, before departure, they put us in a suite, the hotel was obviously not very full. The room was nicer but we checked in late and had a early flight out so it really didn't make much difference, we weren't able to enjoy it.

There was nothing in particular wrong with the hotel itself, but as said, the renovations they are claiming were not done when I was there in November (there was evidence of them going on in the hallways etc but it really felt like a 'tired' property to me). I had more issues with the location itself, in spite of the name, it's not that close to the airport, several miles and probably 10 minutes. Additionally, it's in the middle of a no-wheres-ville for a traveler. There are no decent restaurants in the area and nothing to do if you just wanted to go for a short walkaround. Seems to be all businesses and industrial.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MspTripper
El Sobrante
Reviewed January 8, 2009

I stayed there on business earlier this month and had a great stay. They gave me an option to stay in their tower or to upgrade to a suite over looking the pool, so I paid a little more and got the suite. I was impressed with the overall condition of the hotel and the staff really made the stay memorable. The Front Desk was happy and up beat and the food in the restaurant was very tasty. I had some business in town and was able to catch-up on some work while sitting by pool. It was nice to be able to sit outside in the nice weather when it is snowing back home. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. I would definitely come back when in Tucson.

• Liked — The pool and the suite
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
IRVINE
Reviewed October 13, 2008

A dated facade, old elevators and tired corridors aren't the point - the rooms are nice. They are clean and comfortable. Internet works fine. I travel extensively on business, and sure, this is not a Hilton Garden Inn, but for the price ($59 on Hotwire) it is well worth it. Sure, it's in a semi-industrial area, but restaurants are within close driving distance. The first time I saw it when I pulled up, I said "uh-oh" - but Holiday Inn's comfy pillows and very clean rooms completely changed my mind.

• Stayed October 2008
Utah
Reviewed October 5, 2008

Here's how my five night stay went. At the airport, I waited inside the hotel shuttle for 45 minutes before we made the 6 minute trip to the hotel. Second night there, a very noisy cricket in my room forced me to change rooms (late), to discover my new room's t.v., bed stand lamp, and alarm clock didn't work, and the drain in the bathtub drained water very, very slow. The staff was generally all very argumentative (except for the repairman), always having excuses for the problems instead of attempting to fix it and offer something to me to keep me satisfied. On the plus, the pool area and lobby were nice. But that's about it. Everything else was old and run down. The elevators are painfully slow and "ghetto" looking. I would definitely never stay here again, and am contemplating staying at ANY Holiday Inn ever--after the way I was treated by the staff. I have never, ever had any of these problems at any other hotel/motel. Oh yeah, as for the location, don't plan on walking to any convenience store or restaurant. It's in a industrial area with nothing close by (and no sidewalks).

• Stayed October 2008
2 Thank Utah27

Travelers are raving about these Tucson hotels

Minneapolis
Reviewed July 23, 2008

We had a hard time finding it and it isn't in the best location for walking to resteraunts and such, but close to the airport and very well landscaped. The staff was friendly and helpful. The gift shop was small but had what you need. The elevator broke once but it was fixed. The ATM didn't work one time. Comfortable and clean and had coffee maker in the room. If you are a bargain hunter it is a good bet for your money. Just make calls from your cell because they charge even for local calls and put bottled waters in the room but if you drink them you are charged like four dollars! Buy your own water. Does have refrigerator and microwave so very handy. Old washer and dryer but works fine. Beautiful pool and hot tub area outdoors open ALL NIGHT!! The sheets are sooo soft! Loved the bed, wanted to take it home with me. They even let you pick what kind of pillow you want! I would stay there again.

• Liked — The beds and mountain views.
  • Disliked — was not walking distance to nearby businesses.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple