“Nice lobby, but tired rooms and hallways”

Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport
Ranked #107 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sacramento, California
“Nice lobby, but tired rooms and hallways”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

At first look this hotel seemed nice. The lobby is beautiful and can probably host some very nice receptions. The elevator, hallways and our room left to be desired, however. Things were reasonably clean but were worn out, from the ripped darkening curtains to a relatively noisy heater and, most concerning to me, to a bathtub that took about 10 minutes to drain after the end of a 10-minute shower. A renovation would really help to revitalize this tired property. On the upside, we did not hear any planes, and the noise from passing trains was barely noticeable from a room facing the main parking lot.

Room Tip: The hotel has six floors with interior corridors. A higher floor will give you a nice view over the...
Green Features: They have the typical "Do not change the sheets" signs. I did not see a recycle bin in the room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank geisslerm
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Hello geisslerm,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve our service and quality.

I can understand your feelings regarding our hotel as it is an older property, however, a few of the items can be repair/fixed and I am sorry you had to encounter that as our guest. This includes the slow drain and ripped curtains. Please be assured we will follow up on this.

Thank you once again for writing a review on our hotel. Your feedback is valuable. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest if your travels ever bring you back to Tucson. You are a valued guest to us!

Mr. Kym Myers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed at this hotel during a business trip to Tucson. Lobby atmosphere was like reminiscing the old Aztec western civilization. Beautiful waterfall in the lobby. Front end service very very good bell staff and front desk staff attentive. Room was cleaned to excellent standards each of the four days I stayed. If I had a positive critique of the hotel services would be the business necessities in the room of sufficient wall jacks and outlets for laptops and other electronic devices had to move bed slightly to get to jacks as well as stretch cords. Particularly in desk area. Internet was very spotty at times as well. These are easy fixes though. Very good business center in the lobby.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Hello Mikebmore,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and please be assured your comments assist us in improving our service and quality.

We are thrilled to learn of your great stay, particularly with our service and cleanliness. Our team works especially hard to deliver a memorable experience and they will enjoy reading your comments. We completely understand the frustration with the outlets in the rooms. We have started added power strips in the guest rooms when we do our preventative maintenance so that we can add additional outlets for our guests. I am sorry that you were in a room that had not been completed yet. Please know we agree with you and are working towards fixing that issue as well as the spotty internet you encountered. Our Internet provider has been contacted as well to ensure any issues will be rectified.

Thank you again for your review on our hotel. We will look forward to seeing you the next time you come back to Tucson. You are truly a valued guest!

United States
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We were there for one night due to a late arrival into Tucson. Two major problems. First, there are construction workers from Boston staying there long term for the winter. They were so drunk, vile and disgusting in the lounge, we had to leave.

Secondly, we were in suites. There is a train that goes by hourly all night long and blows the whistle. Impossible to sleep! We woke up exhausted after being awakened hourly by the noise.

Ryan, shuttle driver and Kim, front desk manager were spectacular. Very kind, polite and helpful. The clientele and noise should not reflect on their excellent service.

• Stayed December 2013
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Hello Traveler_200950,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and know we use this information to improve our service and quality.

The team will be thrilled about your comments regarding our service levels. I know that both Ryan and Kimberly will appreciate being pointed out for their efforts as our team really does work hard to deliver memorable service. I can understand, however, how having disruptive guests and train noise can lead to an unpleasant experience. I would feel the same way if it were me. I am sorry this was your experience with us. I would welcome an opportunity to speak further about this issue and ask if you could contact me via email at kym.myers@jqh.com or directly at 520.799.8630.

Thank you once again for your review, although we hoped it would be for much better circumstances. We know you can stay at other locations when traveling, but please know we hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest. You are truly valued!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed December 6, 2013

this was a decent hotel at a good rate. The staff was excellent, each person was good at their job. My only negative is that you have to drive to do anything other than the hotel lobby, which has a bar and good food.

Room Tip: the floors have different smoking preferences. As a smoker I am used to the smoking section not as...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Hello HamLake_12,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us in improving our service and quality.

We are happy to hear of your very nice stay with us. The team will be excited to learn of your comments regarding them being good at their jobs. They work hard to deliver memorable service and they will excited to learn of your comments. I am sorry to hear about having to drive to area restaurants/activities when staying hear. If our team did not mention our shuttle service that goes in a five mile radius, I want to apolgize for missing that information. We are more than happy to do this for our guests 24 hours a day.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to Tucson. You are a valued guest!

utah
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed here for the National Beagle club and even though there were a few Glitches overall it was a nice stay, maid service was fantastic, Hotel staff very friendly and accommodating. My only complaint was the food in the restaurant. It was just not good. Very plain and you can tell it was just frozen food. I ate once and that was enough. The bar staff and food servers (not their fault) were awesome. This hotel would do its customers a favor and upgrade the food served in the restaurant.

Room Tip: We had a suite.. it was just fine and I didn't hear outside noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Hello windkistut,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel after your recent stay with us during the National Beagle Club show. We appreciate your feedback.

We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our service delivery. Our team works especially hard to deliver memorable service and they will be happy to read your comments on their efforts. I am disappointed to learn of your dining experience with us. I would welcome an opportunity to hear more about and ask that you either call me directly at 520.799.8630 or email me at kym.myers@jqh.com. If you could share the experience, that will assist us in improving our quality.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again the next time you come back to Tucson. You are a valued guest.

Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I recommend this place without reservation. Not for luxury travelers, but for families with kids, who need space and comfort. And that was my order of business this weekend.

Let’s get the Cons out of the way first:

•Not located in the best part of town. Not the worst either. With that being said, the hotels grounds feel VERY safe and secure.

•Not the most updated hotel décor. With that being said, I am actually a big fan of the old school lobby and the indoor waterfall.

Which leads me to the Pros:

•HUGE suite. I mean massive- and the space was so needed for my family.
•CLEAN rooms- very clean. While I saw an iron stain on the carpet, the carpet was clean (our white socks stayed white), furniture clean, everything as it should be.
•Comfortable! VERY COMFORTABLE! Even the pull out beds were super comfy, and that is saying a lot.
•Thick walls = excellent noise reduction from outside sources. Huge bonus.
•Nice pool and Jacuzzi
•Really good food and exceptional service at restaurant.
•Amazing staff at the front desk. I was a sour puss when checking in, but the attendant was professional and helped me find a solution to my particular problem.
•Value- incredible value for the money paid.

I am a hotel snob- I truly am. I like luxury, I expect good service, I desire being comfortable. And at first, I could have said this was not a 3 star hotel, due to area and outdated décor. But I am so glad I gave this a true chance, because whenever I stay in Tucson with my family, this will be my go to hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank aishamichelle74
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello aishamichelle74,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

We are very appreciative of your detailed review on our hotel. Your specifics are great for the team as they will be thrilled to read your comments and know that they have made a difference. We realized we may not be the newest hotel, but we certainly can work on the controllable items such as cleanliness and friendliness, as well as food delivery. I am pleased to hear we did that for your stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you come back to Tucson. You are valued!

Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Everyone we encountered at this location was very warm and friendly. Lynette at the front desk is wonderful, shout out to her!
The rooms are standard and clean. The lobby is beautiful and the bar is a fun environment.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hello Jamie R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your feedback.

We are happy to learn you had a great stay with us. Lynnette is one of our great team members and we are happy to have her on our staff. We will be sure to let her know of your thank you. In fact, the team will be thrilled to learn of your comments. They work especially hard to deliver memorable service.

Thank you again for your review on our hotel and we look forward to having you back with us the next time you come to Tucson. We value you as our guest!