WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Worked for me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I feel a bit bad for the owners of this hotel. It is a older building - layout reminiscent of the Holiday Inns I stayed at when I was a kid.

Big lobby with restaurant and huge seating area. Part of the rooms are around a pool in a motor lodge layout (remember, the famous Holidome?). Most of the room are in a six floors building.

I have to agree with some reviews, the hallways of the larger building had a strange stuffy smell. This building had slow elevators. You can feel that there had been some willingness at renovating the building.

My room was perfectly fine - very clean, new carpet, good TV, good bedding. The bathroom floor/bath was a bit old but spotless. I checked in details in corners of the room - all extremely clean.

The area around the hotel is deserted and very quiet. I had a very good night sleep.

As a final note, I have to admit that the front desk staff at both check-in and check-out was extremely nice and friendly.

Good, free, Internet connection.

Short drive to the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear crew347,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your comments as they will assist us in improving our quality and service.

As noted, we do have an older style hotel, but we really try and focus on our services, to which you noted in your review. The team will be happy to learn of their friendliness and efforts in keeping our hotel clean. Thank you for mentioning them in your review.

Once again, thank you for your review and we are happy that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We do hope that you'll want to give us another opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you come to Tucson. We truly do value you!

Mr. Kym Myers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I thought I'd scored a good deal through Priceline for an airport hotel, but then was astounded/disappointed that the property is actually not that close. Still, the hotel shuttle ran early a shuttle every half hour, and at 5:30 am, there was no traffic, and with the fastest security clearance of any airport I've been in, it all worked out. Folksy reception staff were very accommodating, bringing us pastries to go too. Generally I avoid the basic chains, but for the money, we had an excellent experience.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear SRSvacation,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate all feedback and always appreciate feedback from seasoned travelers such as yourself.

I understand how it must have felt not being right at the airport and we hope you know we do not try to mislead people with our hotel only being 3.5 miles away. I am sorry this caused disappointment with you at your arrival. We are happy to know our overnight team made for a more positive send off by bringing pastries to you as we know early morning trips can be difficult with not many food options available. They will be excited to learn their efforts did not go unnoticed.

Thank you again for your review on our hotel and we hope you'll give us another opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you visit Tucson. You are truly valued!

Hereford,AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We only stayed one night,but would stay again. The walk up stairs were interesting,but there is an elevator towards the back of the hotel if you need it.Good for taking the luggage up and back down. Room was clean,comfortable and spacious.2 room suite. Check in was OK, they were just getting rid of a big conference at the hotel,so things were rather hectic for the front desk,but no worries,they were on it! Restaurant was great for the included buffet breakfast the next morning.All in all, a nice place to stay and convenient to where we had to be in Tucson.

Room Tip: A/C units in the room are a bit noisy,but OK. Ask about the elevator to ease the luggage transport.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Azsmittys,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to continue to improve our product and quality.

The team will be happy to know of your stay and how the room was clean and how they worked hard to deliver memorable service during a busy check out period. I understand the concern over a noisy air conditioning unit as it can truly diminish a good night's rest. I am sorry that was the case.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to Tucson. You are truly a valued guest!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I had an amazing experience here by way of the service. The rooms are pretty decent aside from needing new carpet and updated furniture. The rooms are clean, they have nice flat screen tv's and comfy beds. The restaurant has pretty good food and unbeatable service. Everyone here is 100% about service. If for nothing else that makes me want to come back.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear wikad1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and learning of the great comments on our service levels.

Our team takes pride in delivering memorable service and they will be thrilled to learn that is the case with you. We appreciate the positive comments regarding our service.

Again, thank you for your review and we do hope to see you back again soon. You are a valued guest!

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Had a convention there for the Order of the Amaranth for a week and could not have found a better place. The employees went out of their way to assist us in every way they could. From the time we checked in until we left the staff were great. My THANKS go out to Kim, Susan, Otha, Richard, Tim, Lynnia, Jessica, Cody, Cynthia, Kimberly, Candace, Sarah, Lonnie, Everet, Mona, April, Suzette, Tiffany, Beto, David, Francisco and Ryan, they all did an outstanding job.

Room Tip: get a room facing the swimming pool area at the ground level It makes it more convienient to the di...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear onevigilante,

Thank you for writing a review on our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your wonderful stay.

Our team is still talking about how great everyone was and how much fun they had while you were our guest. The group was not only fun to service, but educational to many as well. We really did enjoy the group and the team will be thrilled that you mentioned so many.

Thank you again for your review on us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We truly value you as our guest!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

My trip was a short one to attend a promotion ceremony at Davis-Monthan AFB. The Holiday Inn Airport-North was ideally situated between the Tuscon airport and DMAFB.

Overall, the hotel is nice, clean, quiet, and staffed with friendly, helpful people.

Still, there were a few minor issues with my stay, but no show-stoppers, and I would stay there again.

The issues:

1) I checked into the hotel around 2:30 PM and a room was ready. I booked a standard, non-smoking room with a king-size bed. I asked if the rooms came equipped with a mini-refrigerator and the employee told me she was booking me into a mini-suite plus pointed me in the direction to where I could pickup some beer, juices, and water near the hotel. But first, my key didn't work, so I had to return to get it re-keyed, then the room was just a standard room with no mini-refrigerator. No big deal, as that is what I had originally booked. I didn't see any need to call the front desk about this mix-up.

2) One of the two elevators didn't have working floor indicator lights above the door.

3) House keeping didn't leave any coffee or hot drink cups nor any bar soap my first night. Again, I didn't see any need to call about this and the second day those items were there.

4) The guest service directory's television channel listing was inaccurate.

5) The bathroom's hair dryer was missing its holder and was hanging off the bare metal mounting bracket.

The notable good things:

1) Friendly, helpful (when I asked for it) hotel and restaurant staff.

2) Excellent pricing with the restaurants breakfast menu; fast service.

3) Nice business center room with a dedicated computer and printer for airline boarding passes.

4) Well-kept building interiors and grounds.

Overall, this hotel is well-suited for those looking for decent, clean facilities. The bed was comfortable, the wi-fi connection reliable, and the room quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear TravelGoot,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your detailed review as it is very helpful to us.

After reading your areas of opportunity, I can understand why your stay was good, but not great. I would feel the same way if my keys didn't work the first time, the refrigerator request wasn't met or channel guides are not accurate. As a traveler, those items are important and I am sorry you had to experience that with us.

On a positive note, thank you for pointing out the team and a few amenities we offer. The team works hard to deliver memorable service and they will be thrilled to learn their efforts did not go unnoticed.

If you have an moment, I would certainly like to learn more about your stay. You can either contact me directly at 520.799.8630 or via email at kym.myers@jqh.com. Your comments are valuable to us so we can certainly improve.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope to speak further to you about it. You are a valued guest to us!

Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Surprised this facility is still associated with the Holiday Inn brand. The whole building smells of stale smoke. Carpets and furniture have stains everywhere. Went to go for a run and both treadmills were broken. Bathrooms dirty. Again surprised this facility is allowed to carry the brand name as its that bad.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 312alb81
Dear 312alb81,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, although we wished it would have been under better circumstances.

After reading your comments, I understand your frustration and need to express your concern with us. I am sorry this was something you had to experience and I hope we can speak about it so I can get more information on your stay. If you could contact me directly at 520.799.8630 or via email at kym.myers@jqh.com, I would greatly appreciate it. The more information I can gather, it will assist on improving our quality and service.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope to speak to you about it. You are a valued guest and your comments are important to us.

Mr. Kym Myers

Travelers are raving about these Tucson hotels