“Very nice for a Holiday Inn”

Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport
Ranked #107 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
langhorne, pa
“Very nice for a Holiday Inn”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great place to stay for the Gem Show. Great location for all the venues. Very helpful staff at desk.The rooms were a nice size but could've used more open outlets for charging. Bathroom was also nice sized with lots of counter space. Towels were hit and miss, some nice some like sand paper. Again, hotel was full due to Gem Show so that may be partly to blame. We had the breakfast package for convenience but the breakfast was not good. This seems to be the only the place the hotel seems overwhelmed from the gem show. Also, the freight train tracks are close by and if you are a light sleeper (like me) be prepared to hear the train all night long. would stay here again for the show, though

Room Tip: As far away from train as possible
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear tammilip,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We know your time is valuable and we appreciate your feedback.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay while a guest of the Gem Show and you brought up great points you mentioned are valid and there are opportunities for us to improve. We will be following up with our team to ensure these areas can be addressed.

Thank you again for your review. We hope you'll come back again and stay with us again at next year's Gem Show or sooner if your travels bring you back to Tucson. We truly do value you!

Mr. Kym Myers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
New York, NY
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great location off I-10, easy to access the rest of the city. Plenty of parking and felt safe.

Friendly, attentive staff and good restaurant on the premises. Price is also reasonable. Having to go outside from the lobby to get back into the building is a bit of a pain if you have a lot of luggage, but a good stay otherwise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear ERCauswell,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson. We appreciate your feedback and know your time is valuable.

The team will be excited to learn that they did well during your stay with us as they do work hard to deliver memorable service. We understand your frustration with having to go outside to either our Casita suites or to go through the breezeway to get to the standard guest rooms. I am sorry that we did not offer you bellman service to assist you on your trip to your room as that is something we should have done. We will follow up on this.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope to see you again the next time you are in Tucson. We truly do value you as our guest.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel was fine, but nothing really special. As someone in line said, "It's the best of the worst." We came right at the beginning of Gem Show in Tucson, so checking-in was very busy. We had three rooms for our party. There were no luggage carts available. I confirmed a late check out twice with the desk worker, but we still had housekeeping disturb us twice before we left. Apparently, front desk never communicated with them. Our hotel keys stopped working after a few tries, so we had to go get them replaced. No one at check in told us that the $3.00 water bottles in our rooms were complimentary for us as Priority Club members.

However, Kimberly, at the front desk is awesome. I watched her work with several other patrons, and she was very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LarkNag
Dear LarkNag,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review regarding our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and know that your time is valuable.

Thank you for pointing out Kimberly and her service. We are happy to know she did well and we will pass that on to her and the team. I am sorry, however, for the issues you encountered. Regardless of how busy a hotel is, communication should still be constant and it sounds like we missed an opportunity to communication your needs to other departments.

Thank you again for taking the time to review us. I would certainly like to speak in further detail about your stay if you have time. Please feel free to contact me via email at kym.myers@jqh.com or directly at 520.799.8630. Please be assured we take call comments seriously and we look to improve quality and service. We hope you'll give us another opportunity to have you as our guest. We truly do value you!

New Mexico
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We've stayed at this Holiday Inn on several occasions in years past, usually when making an early morning flight, and the staff and rooms have been outstanding. It appears that the ownership may have changed because I don't remember the rooms being this dirty, the carpet stained, the furniture upholstery sadly in need of replacement. However, I did book this room through a travel web site and can't complain about the price! Would I recommend - probably not; would I go back - probably not. There are a host of fine hotels in and around the airport; this will do but it needs an overhaul.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NewMexicoSilverqueen
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear NewMexicoSilverqueen,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We know your time is valuable and we appreciate any feedback from our guests to help improve our service and quality.

I am so happy to hear that our team was outstanding. The team works especially hard to deliver memorable service. I am disappointed to hear about the room conditions and I will be following up with our team regarding this. I am hoping you can contact me via email at kym.myers@jqh.com or by phone at 520.746.1161 so I can get more information about your stay. Please be assured we take all comments seriously and work to improve with the valuable feedback of our guests.

Again, thank you for your review and I do hope to speak to you about this in further detail. We know we might have lost you due to the issues you encountered during your stay, but we do hope you'll give us another opportunity to have you as our guest. We truly do value you!

Arizona
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a beat up old hotel that is being minimally maintained. Floors and bathrooms are quite dirty. Nasty carpet. I did not want to let my feet touch the floors. Digital room keys rarely worked right no matter how many times they were recoded.

Ate the breakfast buffet for $9+. There is only room service in the evenings. Mostly microwave and Sam's club quality.

Most of the staff is friendly and helpful, but hasn't got much to work with. Located in an industrial area which is great for the Willy Loman types, but inconvenient for anyone looking for sights or events in Tucson proper. Also inconvenient to the airport. It is a good 15 minutes through traffic which was pretty heavy even on a weekend.

Realize that beds and pillows are highly personal preferences, but I found both very uncomfortable during my stay. I could not tell the difference between the pillows marked "firm" and those with the "soft" tag. Noisy in room air conditioner roared all night.

The best thing about the place was the outdoor heated pool and hot tub. Both were spotless and extremely enjoyable, even in cool weather. However, I would not suggest this place for anyone who doesn't have business in the immediate area and not at all for families.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul P
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear 415AZP415,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on our hotel. We know you are busy and appreciate all feedback on our property.

I am sorry your experience wasn't a pleasant one and that you had to encounter the issues you mentioned regarding the carpet, key cards and breakfast buffet. I am hoping I can speak to you about this as I would like to learn more of your stay. If you can email me at kym.myers@jqh.com or reach me via phone at 520.746.1161, I would appreciate it. Please be assured we take all comments seriously and work to improve our service and product.

Thank you again for submitting a review and I do hope to speak to you about your stay. We hope if your travels bring you back to Tucson, you would give us another opportunity to have you as our guest. We truly do value you!

Mr. Kym Myers

Travelers are raving about these Tucson hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is the only property I stay at when travelling for work in Tucson. I have all I need to feel comfortable and effective. The property is convenient to I-10 & major surface streets. The ameneties are average or better. Network access is solid. TV is better in the lounge (satellite) than the rooms (basic cable + HBO.) The property is clean & well maintained. The staff is friendly & attentive. Even if I couldn't stay here due to a sell-out, I would still eat and have drinks here.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear BasocoC,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments regarding the Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson. We really appreciate the wonderful comments you wrote.

The team will be excited to know they delivered memorable service as well as good, quality food. We will be sure to let them know of your review and so they can celebrate in knowing they have done a good job.

Thank you again for staying with us and providing us with your comments. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Tucson. We truly value you as our guest.

Fort Dick, California
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Last summer I was on a solo trip around the country.. I stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Tucson Airport North to "scope out" the place and arrange for a room for an event I just attended this winter. The front desk staff and Candace in guest services (catering, I think) were simply awesome. One feels hotel staff is truly enjoying their jobs. It was far more than "just being polite because it's their job and they have to be nice." We all have to work to earn a living. This hotel staff is enjoying their jobs!

I belong to a service/social organization of "bears" (gravitationally gifted, furry gay men of all ages... and their admirers.) Our Twentieth Anniversary annual event was held for the first time at Holiday Inn and Suites Airport North. From the moment I called from the airport for the free shuttle to pick me up to the check-out and shuttle return to airport,, the Holiday Inn North staff and facility were truly EXTRAORDINARY.

I am a senior and disabled. Usually I manage with my cane but a recent fall made getting around difficult for me. The staff at Holiday Inn Airport North loaned me a wheelchair and saw to it all my needs were addressed promptly. I ask readers... How often have you attended an organization event with buffet-style banquets and barbeques where a hotel staff server helped each disabled/special needs person serve up a plate, carry it to the table and be sure the guest is safe, comfortable and and able to fully participate and enjoy the event?

Banquet food is often the famous "rubber chicken." The Holiday Inn North provided meal after meal of quite enjoyable food! Yes, I've had better food... but NEVER of the necessarily pre-prepared type food either table-served or buffet-style at a banquet! It was actually tasty (and bears know their food!)

The Holiday Inn North staff treated all the bears so well that we had the most FUN and successful event yet. Some of the staff attended our social events and even came in or stayed on their own time just because we are so much fun. The bar / restaurant manager practically lived there the whole time of our event.

My suite was just off the pool and near all the hotel event rooms. I did have a problem with my card key not working in the door many times. But, I used my cell phone to call the desk... and security/maintenance showed up immediately and corrected the problem. The lock mechanism needed cleaning (and don't put your card key near your cell phone... it erases the magnetic code.)

The contract has been signed for the 21st and 22nd Fiesta de los Osos (Party of the Bears) for the next two years. The front desk staff, the dining room and bar staff all said they can hardly wait for our return next year. If they had fun, it was because the staff made it fun for us! I can only say the bears are looking forward to next year too!

A BIG HAT TIP to Mr. K. Myers (hotel manager) who sought me out to be sure I was okay and my experience was the best. I am not an event organizer... just a private citizen and club member. After two stays at the Tucson Holiday Inn and Suites now (staying in both a "budget" room and a suite) I can say I would rather stay here than any 5-star place where I am just a number.

Room Tip: Pool-side suites are handy. Know that time, desert air (and dust?) mean door locks are stubborn. A...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank M H
Dear M H,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments regarding the Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson. We really appreciate the kind words and we are so happy you enjoyed your event with us.

Our team will really enjoy reading all the great comments you said about us and they will be thrilled to know someone else in the group had a great time and shared their story. We absolutely enjoyed having your group with us and we are looking forward to next year. It was a pleasure to meet you and learn more about you and the group.

Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to submit a survey with your comments. We look forward to seeing you next year and making 2014 even better. We truly value you as our guest.