“Nothing really bad, nothing notable either. Just OK.”

Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport
Ranked #106 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cary, North Carolina
“Nothing really bad, nothing notable either. Just OK.”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Flew into Tucson for a short stay for a memorial service. It was a quiet weekend with apparently not much going on around the area. Staff was courteous, room was clean if a little tired around the edges. There were a few group events in the conference room, but apparently not enough to cause the hotel restaurant or bar to be open during the day, which was an inconvenience for a very tired traveler. It was convenient to the airport, and was able to accomodate all of our extended family, which was a plus. Price was pretty reasonable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear markrob58,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments regarding the Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson. We know your time is valuable and we appreciate your feedback.

We reviewed your comments regarding our hours of the restaurant/lounge and I want to apologize for not being able to accommodate your needs with the family. We appreciate you mentioning the courtesy of our staff, however, as the team works hard to deliver memorable service. If you have time, would you be able to email me at tusap@jqh.com or via telephone at 520.746.1161? I would like to discuss further your stay and get more feedback. Please be assured we take all comments seriously and work towards improving our quality and service.

Thank you again for staying with us and providing us with your comments. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you back to Tucson.

Mr. Kym Myers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I travel all the time, all over the place. This year I have stayed in this hotel at least six times. What makes the most difference to me is attitude. Everyone at this hotel is always friendly and helpful and makes life easy. Thoroughly recommended.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Holiday Inn and... T, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Julian N,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments regarding the Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson. It is always great to receive feedback and we know your time is valuable and we appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey.

Our team will be very happy to learn they are difference makers with you. Our team really works hard to deliver memorable service and I am so happy to hear that was the case with your multiple stays. Please be assured that I will be passing your comments on to the team so they can see the nice things you had to say.

Thank you again for staying with us and providing us with your comments. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you back to Tucson.

San Clemente, California
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The customer service was outstanding Tonya (auditing) was amazing she worked and stayed late to make sure I was taken care of when my room required repairs. The hotel both outside and inside is dated in appearance however guest rooms include a modern flat screen tv. During the first day of my stay I had plumbing issues and did not have a working bathroom. The hotel staff, maintenance and the guest services manager worked hard to accommodate me. The staff continually addressed me respectfully by my last name. The treatment of the staff more than made of for the inconveniences and they appear to try really hard to please guests. I would of typically been really upset and demanded my money back however the guest service experience at this hotel is OUTSTANDING. I would definitely stay again even though the accommodations are not modern the service is 100% worth it.

Room Tip: Suites include extra sleeping area and pullout bed another flat screen/sitting area…extra roomy
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kym M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear C S,

We appreciate your comments regarding our service and the way our team handled the issues with your room the first day. The team really works hard to deliver memorable service and I am so happy to hear that was the case with your stay. I will be passing your comments on to the team so they can see the nice things you had to say.

Benson, AZ
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have been using this hotel for almost 8 years now. It is always been comfortable, clean, and quiet. I have stayed in the two room suites and the regular rooms. The pool and Jacuzzi are very nice, the exercise room is small but okay (TV never works), and meeting rooms are well done.

Room Tip: The two room suite is a very good value.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kym M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear DavidBryan,

We appreciate your comments regarding the comfortable, clean and quiet stay, as well as the information regarding the TV in the exercise room. We have recently replaced the television, however, I will have our maintenance team follow up to ensure it is working properly.

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We only stayed one night and booked a $41 price through Priceline. I expected a 3 star hotel since that is how Priceline classified it but it ended up being a 2 star. I've stayed at Holiday Inns and are not usually impressed. Their Express chain is better. Devon at the front desk was awesome! She got us a room on the first floor as requested. The entire floor smelled like smoke although we were on a non-smoking floor. Luckily, the room inside didn't smell. Beds were comfy and linens were fairly new and modern and clean. Size of room is average. We had a flat screen TV. Carpets looked clean and fairly new. They may have done some updates to the actual room, but not the bathroom. It is in DIRE need of updating. Counters and bathtub were clean and fairly updated, but the floors, tiles, and ceiling need a good cleaning and renovation. I'm glad we only stayed one night. I probably wouldn't stay again, but I can't complain too much because we paid a fair price for the room we got.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank GangiBluth
Kym M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear GangiBluth,

I reviewed your comments regarding the comments about the hotel's bathroom issues you encountered. I am sorry you and your family were exposed to this issue which made your stay more uncomfortable. I'm really disappointed in learning our team allowed this room to be sold.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff so we may resolve issues such as these. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you in further detail about your experience. If you could contact me by email at tusap@jqh.com or call me at the hotel at 520.746.1161. Your feedback will be invaluable so we can definitely improve our property.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you are in Tucson.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed 3 weeks here and the customer service was above the excellent bubbles they let you fill in. I know I am going to miss some people in here and it is truly unintentional. Kim, Jessica, Lynette, Meagyhn, Gabrielle, Irma, Victor, Martha and Ryan were all gracious host and top-notch customer service. The property was very well kept and rooms were clean. It was the people who work here who made me forget I was here on business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank paul270523
Kym M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear paul270523,

Thank you so much for your great comments, especially pointing out the many team members that made your stay memorable. We appreciate your willingness to share your experience and we are happy you decided to stay with us while visiting Tucson. We will be sharing your comments with the team so they know that if they excel at service, good things happen as in this case. The entire team really works exceptionally hard to make every guest feel welcome and deliver memorable service.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I came to this place because, I was working on a project in the area, it is a very nice place, rooms were very clean and the people were very friendly. I would definetely come back again. They have a nice pool area and a very nice bar.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kym M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guayo2010,

Thank you so much for your nice comments. We are excited to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and we're happy you decided to stay with us while visiting Tucson. We will be passing on your comments to the team as they will be excited to hear them. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel welcome and deliver memorable service.