“Very nice place, clean and comfortable.”

Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport
Ranked #106 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Very nice place, clean and comfortable.”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I came to this place because, I was working on a project in the area, it is a very nice place, rooms were very clean and the people were very friendly. I would definetely come back again. They have a nice pool area and a very nice bar.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kym M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guayo2010,

Thank you so much for your nice comments. We are excited to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and we're happy you decided to stay with us while visiting Tucson. We will be passing on your comments to the team as they will be excited to hear them. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel welcome and deliver memorable service.

Thank you again for staying with us and providing us with your comments. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you back to Tucson.

Mr. Kym Myers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I would like to start by saying I am a long distance truck driver and stay at motels all over the country. It is very rare today to find any motel that doesn't offer some degree of free breakfast. Almost every Holiday Inn I've stayed at offered eggs and potatoes. This motel however, contrary to "Hotel Hotties" review below, charges $ 10.00 for the buffet and has no discount for menu items. I paid $ 57.00 for my stay, and at that price I thought this motel was a good value.

• Stayed September 2012
Kym M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear BigRicG,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson. We are happy to hear you felt we were a value. I am sorry that the breakfast was not discounted or complimentary as compared to the other places you have stayed, but we appreciate the feedback nonetheless when it comes to the cost of breakfast. I would like to discuss further about your stay if you would email me at tusap@jqh.com or call me at 520.746.1161, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you again for staying with us and providing us with your comments. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you back to Tucson.

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Excellent and courteous staff, comfortable room, everyone goes above and beyond what is expected. Clean comfortable room, dated yes but very clean with all the ammenities one would expext. Pool area is awesome, great workout room where you can watch sports while you burn up those calories from the excellent freshly made food. On site laundry was very convenient as was the on site business center. Stayed there a month and it felt like coming home every evening. Plenty to do a short drive away on the weekends.

Room Tip: 1st floor is the way to go!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Grabu G,

Thank you so much for the nice comments. We are excited to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson. We are happy you decided to stay with us for a month and have you as our guest. We will be passing on your comments to the team as they will be excited to hear them. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel welcome and deliver memorable service.

Taupo
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I think we were in the old part and it was tired. The floor tiles looked dirty but were just stained. Plugs in bathroom didn't work, air con was like a steam train in your room, thank goodness we could open the window. Our friends in another room had different complaints, in fact we all moaned so much the receptionist gave us complimentary breaktasts. The room was over $100 and was the worst Holiday Inn by far we had stayed in and the most expensive. The breakfast waitress was indifferent and was lucky our friend left her a tip because I wouldn't have.
On a bright note the bed was comfy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TaupoSheryll,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments regarding the Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson. We know your time is valuable and we appreciate your feedback.

I reviewed your comments regarding the comments about the hotel's issues and service. I am sorry you encountered these issues that made your stay more uncomfortable. I'm also especially disappointed in learning our team wasn't more accommodating to you when you brought these things to our attention. Our team really does work hard to provide memorable service and in this case we did not do that.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff so we may resolve issues such as these. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you in further detail about your experience. If you could contact me by email at tusap@jqh.com or call me at the hotel at 520.746.1161. Your feedback will be invaluable so we can definitely improve our property.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you are in Tucson.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Large conference style Holiday Inn near Tucson airport. Nice large property but dated throughout. Great comfy beds with a large bathroom. Dated interior. Flat screen tv did not work with the remote...had to change channels on the TV itself. Bathroom floor seemed stained with black dirt (in tile). Overall, room was clean and quite. AC worked great (must in the summer in Tucson). Front desk staff was pleasant. Did not see pool but found it interesting that you have to wear a resort style wrist-band to enter pool and workout area at all times (similar to an all-inclusive resort but without the all-inclusive)....strange but understanding. Overall great value when booked on Priceline ($35). Hotel is right off of I-10 near airport but not walking distance to airport. No places to eat in walking distance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JayJay1011
Kym M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear JayJay1011,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson. We know your time is valuable and we appreciate your feedback which allows us to improve our quality and service.

We have reviewed your comments and I am sorry to hear about the issue with the television and bathroom floor. Prior comments from guest led us to purchase new remotes for the guestrooms which will eliminate issues such as what you encountered. I apologize your remote was not replaced while you were here. Additionally, we have been working with an outside company to remove the stains from the tile.

I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you more in depth about your stay. Would you be able to contact me at 520.746.1161 x600 or via email at tusap@jqh.com to discuss further? We want you to know we take all comments seriously and will be following up with our team on what you mentioned on your survey.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you are in Tucson. We truly do value you.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is located in a really good area. No need to wonder if your car will be there in the morning. I had a double room which I paid 35 dollars for. The pillows were super white and had tags to let you know which one was the firm one and which one was the softer pillow. The beds were immaculate and once you get in you don't want to get out. The AC got so cold I had to get up and turn it off. The older lady behind the desk who's last name was Catther I believe (she wore glasses and had short gray hair) had the biggest smile on her face. She very informative and addressed me by my last name. When I had to come back to the lobby to appeared excited to see me. She was extremely professional and she made a couple of jokes. She pulled out a map and told me how to get to my room. She circled the laundry facility and was very straight up about the fees to wash clothes. My bathroom was very clean and rather big. There are two sinks in the room with a lot of counter top space. There was bottled water on the vanity in the bathroom(the cost was 3.00) which I thought was a nice gesture. The pool stayed open 24/7 and the lobby was very picturesque. The only thing I did not like was that I was charged 1.50 for a ziplock bag with some laundry detergent in it rather than one of those small boxes. But the detergent smelled great! I can't say anything bad about my stay here.

Room Tip: The pool stays open here 24/7. Bring your own laudry detergent. Water in restroom is not free, it...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kym M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear herjourney,

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. We are excited to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson. We are so happy you decided to give us an opportunity to have you as our guest and it was nice to hear that we exceeded your expectations. The team works exceptionally hard to make every guest feel welcome and we will be sure to follow up with our guest service agent with whom you referenced. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you the next time your travels bring you back to Tucson.

Durango Colorado
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I got this hotel at an amazing rate through a Priceline bid, probably because Tucson in August is not exactly everyone's favorite vacation destination. The low rate was especially welcome because I was getting three rooms for two nights for my colleagues and myself to attend a meeting nearby so that can add up fast.
We had no problems at all, and the property while it may be old is in good repair. there's a waterfall in the lobby, a nice luxury touch. Also a restaurant and bar on the premises which was convenient. The rooms are large, clean, and well-appointed. Lots of pillows, a couch, desk with either wireless or wired internet, tv, in-room coffee. True there was no refrigerator as another reviewer observed but I was not planning to prepare my own meals anyway and don't consider a refrigerator to be an essential item.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kym M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Chilkoot_Hiker,

Thank you for taking the type to review your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson. We know your time is valuable and we appreciate you taking time to let us know about your stay.

We have reviewed your comments and we are happy to see you felt we were better than expected. We have been working on some product improvements and we hope those were noticeable. Regardless of a hotel's age or amenities, we still can present a clean, comfortable stay with memorable service. We are glad that was the case with you.

I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you more in depth about your stay. Would you be able to contact me at 520.746.1161 x600 or via email at tusap@jqh.com? We want you to know we take all comments seriously and will be following up with our team.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you to see you again the next time you are in Tucson. We truly do value you.