“Exceeded my expectations!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport
Ranked #106 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Antonio, Texas
“Exceeded my expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is located in a really good area. No need to wonder if your car will be there in the morning. I had a double room which I paid 35 dollars for. The pillows were super white and had tags to let you know which one was the firm one and which one was the softer pillow. The beds were immaculate and once you get in you don't want to get out. The AC got so cold I had to get up and turn it off. The older lady behind the desk who's last name was Catther I believe (she wore glasses and had short gray hair) had the biggest smile on her face. She very informative and addressed me by my last name. When I had to come back to the lobby to appeared excited to see me. She was extremely professional and she made a couple of jokes. She pulled out a map and told me how to get to my room. She circled the laundry facility and was very straight up about the fees to wash clothes. My bathroom was very clean and rather big. There are two sinks in the room with a lot of counter top space. There was bottled water on the vanity in the bathroom(the cost was 3.00) which I thought was a nice gesture. The pool stayed open 24/7 and the lobby was very picturesque. The only thing I did not like was that I was charged 1.50 for a ziplock bag with some laundry detergent in it rather than one of those small boxes. But the detergent smelled great! I can't say anything bad about my stay here.

Room Tip: The pool stays open here 24/7. Bring your own laudry detergent. Water in restroom is not free, it...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kym M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear herjourney,

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. We are excited to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson. We are so happy you decided to give us an opportunity to have you as our guest and it was nice to hear that we exceeded your expectations. The team works exceptionally hard to make every guest feel welcome and we will be sure to follow up with our guest service agent with whom you referenced. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you the next time your travels bring you back to Tucson.

Mr. Kym Myers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Durango Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I got this hotel at an amazing rate through a Priceline bid, probably because Tucson in August is not exactly everyone's favorite vacation destination. The low rate was especially welcome because I was getting three rooms for two nights for my colleagues and myself to attend a meeting nearby so that can add up fast.
We had no problems at all, and the property while it may be old is in good repair. there's a waterfall in the lobby, a nice luxury touch. Also a restaurant and bar on the premises which was convenient. The rooms are large, clean, and well-appointed. Lots of pillows, a couch, desk with either wireless or wired internet, tv, in-room coffee. True there was no refrigerator as another reviewer observed but I was not planning to prepare my own meals anyway and don't consider a refrigerator to be an essential item.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kym M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Chilkoot_Hiker,

Thank you for taking the type to review your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson. We know your time is valuable and we appreciate you taking time to let us know about your stay.

We have reviewed your comments and we are happy to see you felt we were better than expected. We have been working on some product improvements and we hope those were noticeable. Regardless of a hotel's age or amenities, we still can present a clean, comfortable stay with memorable service. We are glad that was the case with you.

I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you more in depth about your stay. Would you be able to contact me at 520.746.1161 x600 or via email at tusap@jqh.com? We want you to know we take all comments seriously and will be following up with our team.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you to see you again the next time you are in Tucson. We truly do value you.

Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Well, wasn't too excited about this place after reading the reviews.There for a convention of sorts,though. I heeded others reviews about lack of refrigerators, and asked about it. Had to upgrade to a suite to get that and micro. $15 more, so not a bad trade off I guess. Clerk I spoke with on the phone to change,though, did not seem to be totally sure of what she was doing. Lobby beautiful, as everyone else noted. Suite room ok, bathroom obviously old, needs new tub, etc, but serviceable. I went in expecting to find dirt, due to others reviews, but it was just as if they re-enameled it years ago and it was kind of crazed. Clean, though. Odd that the bathroom consists of just the toilet and tub, the sink is in the bedroom. Off to the side a bit, but still kind of odd. Tv's at least upgraded to flat screens. There was a large (dinner plate size) stain on the carpet near the table in kitchen area. ( I do mean area, no walls) There is really no excuse to have a stain on a carpet in a hotel room. Can of Woolite 5 bucks. Would probably only stay again if another convention there. Price was fairly reasonable.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Kym M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Sue K,

Thank you for taking the type to review your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson. We know your time is valuable and it means a lot to us to hear your feedback.

We have reviewed your comments and understand your immediate concern regarding your stay. We have been working hard to improve our quality through the adding of HDTVs and refinishing our tubs. We have also been working diligently with our housekeeping department to ensure issues such as yours don't occur again. There is no reason for a stain to be present and we couldn't agree with you more with your comments. I am so sorry you had to experience that while here.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you are in Tucson. We truly do value you.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I've stayed here before, but this is a VERY old hotel, so I can't remember when. I also can't remember such a bad stay. What went wrong? (1) There was no in-room refrigerator. I can't remember the last time I stayed at a HI (and I stay often as a priority club member) without a refrigerator. The bathtub must have been from the original construction - which I would guess as early '70's. It was clean, but stained, scratched, ugly, - it needed replacement. One thing in the room that blew my mind was the window shade. The one that's supposed to keep your room dark when you sleep? It has so many holes in it that I thought they were trying to replicate the world famous U of A planetarium. In the holes looked like a starry sky. You know, the whole facility needs a serious upgrade. The fitness room is a joke. The universal weight machine is an oversized paperweight because it's cable/pulley type and all the cables and pulleys are broken. There is one creaky, jerkey eliptical machine, however there are 2 very serviceable treadmills. Oh...there's a dirty towel basket but no clean towels to put into it..

You're asking - "if it's that bad, why 3 stars?". THE STAFF IS EXCELLENT! I had no coffee pot. I had coffee, coffee cups, but no perculator (spelling?). I went to the desk and said that I must have coffee in my room the next morning. They apologized but had a good reason. They just received new coffee makers (I can spell "makers") and they would get one to my room soon. I walked RIGHT back to my room. A very pleasant housekeeping lady smiled and said "good afternoon" when I got on my floor. When I entered the room, the coffee pot was there. Couldn't have been 2 minutes. Amazing. I wanted extra towels for the wonderful pool (the one structural portion of the facility that was nice) and the fitness room. They were brought to my room in less than 5 minutes - with a big smile.

Would I stay again? Probably because the location is excellent - I use IHC's points (big one there) - and the staff was fabulous. But this would be my favorite place in Tucson (where I stay OFTEN) if they just did a few upgrades. For goodness sakes. It's the 21st Century. Put in room refrigerators....

Room Tip: If you are staying in the summer, get a room with the windows FACING NORTH. The air conditioning wor...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JerryPPhoenix
Kym M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear JerryPPhoenix,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments regarding the Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson. We know your time is valuable and we appreciate your feedback.

I reviewed your comments and we are sorry for the product issues that you encountered while our guest. In some cases, such as the tubs, we are currently working in that area to make improvements by having our tubs reconditioned. Unfortunately this project will not be complete until the beginning of August, which is too little too late after your stay with us. Additionally we are working to replace our fitness equipment to better serve our guests. We do appreciate you pointing out our staff was excellent. Our team works especially hard to overcome product issues by delivering memorable service and I am glad to hear that is the case with your visit.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff so we may resolve issues such as these. In cases where the product is a concern, we do pass this on to our corporate office so they also may see what guests are saying. Again, thank you for your candor and honesty. I am hoping you would be able to discuss your experience a little further in detail with me and I ask you either send an email to tusap@jqh.com or call me at the hotel at 520.746.1161. Your feedback will be invaluable.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you are in Tucson.

Auburn, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

My co-workers and I were in Tucson on business and had to work the night shift at a local fabricaton facility. Our stay at the Holiday Inn by the airport was perfect. Quiet during the day and not bothered by houskeeping so we slept great during the day. Beds were super comfotable and the pool was open 24 hours a day! Normally at hotels they close the pool down at 9pm but not here, which was great after a long night working we were able to take a dip in the pool to relax at 2am!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kym M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Zach D,

We were excited to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson. We are so happy you decided to give us an opportunity to have you as our guest and it was nice to hear that we exceeded your expectations. The team works exceptionally hard to make every guest feel welcome. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you the next time your travels bring you back to Tucson.

Lafayette, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

I got to the Holiday Inn on South Palo Verde and found the lobby to be beautiful and I was happy to find such a gorgeous hotel on the other side of my reservation. I had booked this particular hotel because it had a shuttle to the airport and I was in the area on business without a vehicle. I had been flying all day and had not eaten yet. It was 5pm local time. I was exhausted and starving. I encountered very friendly staff who handed me a map to my suite. A map? Please don't make me think when I am THIS hungry and tired. I then note another employee in the lobby and ask her to guide me to where I'd go to get to my room (because I was confused since I had been told to leave the builiding and re-enter around the pool). I also asked her about the closest food. She tells me a McDonald's down the road. I ask her if it's walking distance and she says that it is not. I tell her I do not have a car. She mentions that they have a restauraunt but she isn't sure that it is open at this time of the day. I part ways from her after walking by the pool and re-entering the building. I take an elevator to the second floor and walk all over the floor lost. My room does not seem to exist. I see no staff to assist me. I am tired, hungry and having trouble not breaking down into tears because all I want to do is sleep as I've been travelling since very early that morning. I find the lobby and the woman at the desk again hands me another map and begins to tell me to go outside by the pool and re-enter the building. i tell her that I did that already and become very upset. She quickly grabs another employee to take me to the door to my room. Apparently with this hotel there are TWO buildings and you walk all the way through the gated pool to a seperate building. I wish somene had explained that to me better at the desk and not just handed me some crazy map. I get to my room and notice a room service menu and call and they are open. They deliver promptly. I found myself annoyed that it took me SO long to find my room and annoyed that nobody had told me that there was room service when I asked. Staff should better assist guests in finding their rooms and explaining the two building process. ALL staff should know room service hours of operation and never refer someone to a McDonald's that is too far away to get to by foot. The following morning the staff was very kind to me and I took the shuttle service to the airport with a very kind man. Overall my experience was good, but this first half an hour was a disaster. Had I had a vehicle and not been stuck there due to it being a business trip, I would have left the building in an angry huff.

Room Tip: The suites overlooking the pool are amazing! Make sure you realize that you must LEAVE the main buil...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rachel P
Kym M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Rachel P,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments regarding the Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson. We are sorry to hear your stay was poor.

I reviewed your comments and we want to apologize for the check in issues you encountered while our guest. I truly am sorry that we were not more accommodating to your upon your arrival and explained the layout of our hotel as well as we could have done. I am disappointed to hear that we did not go into detail with about our facilities as we go into further detail for our first time guests as compared to our repeat guests.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve issues such as these. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve product and service. I am hoping you would be able to discuss your experience in further detail with me and I ask you either send an email to tusap@jqh.com or call me at the hotel at 520.746.1161. Your feedback will be invaluable.

Fountain Hills, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Of course it's not what you think, but I have to say that the staff at this hotel was stellar. I cannot stress how accommodating and polite everyone at this hotel was. It would have been impossible for them to have been any better. Kudo's to the management on that one.
As for the rest of the hotel, the lobby is killer. Beautiful open area with large fountain. Great spacious place to sit and talk.
The hotel is older and has been refurbished...some of it well and some of it not as well. The sleeping rooms are on the small side which was, at the time it was built, the standard. The suites are decent but the layout is again, an older design. So I would say average on the sleeping rooms.
The pool is spacious and the area well appointed for the guests. The exercise room is small but adequate for a run on the treadmill.
The restaurant is rather pedestrian with the fare to match. You can order off the menu or have the buffet. If you order off the menu, you get approximately $9.50 credit per person toward your bill. The buffet is free. I would order off the menu because the breakfast buffet is not very well done... cold eggs, potatoes etc.
The staff was kind enough to substitute spinach for the onions in a Denver omelet for me. It was one of the best omelets I have had anywhere. It was so good, I had another one the next day! Fabulous! In fact everything I saw coming out of the kitchen looked to be very good. So... order off the menu.
Finally, credit the staff for the "Very good" rating. Apart from them.. the property is very average.
If you are in town because of a medical reason and are being treated at the University of Arizona Hospital, you can get a substantial discount for others that have the need to stay while you are in the hospital. While there is NO shuttle to the hospital, it's only 15 minutes away by car.

Room Tip: I recommend a suite if possible. The standard rooms are rather small.
1 Thank Dorcale
Kym M, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Tucson Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Dorcale,

We are excited to hear that you had a very good stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Tucson. Not only was your comment heading very catchy, but we appreciate your in depth feedback that discussed the many areas of the hotel. We realize that we may not have the newest hotel in town, but our service can still be accommodating and top notch. Please be assured that we will pass on your comments to the team and look to improve in the areas you mentioned and celebrate in the areas where our team did well. The team works exceptionally hard to make each guest feel welcome. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you back to Tucson.