“Kudos to Kenja”

Ranked #13 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Boulder City, Nevada
“Kudos to Kenja”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last weekend. To say the least, we had several issues from the start (including three room changes). We were not the only ones last weekend who experienced very poor communications with the hotel staff. The room we would up with was perfect. BUT, having said that the most wonderful GM EVER (Kenja) made it a point to sit down and speak with me about those very issues. She was receptive to what I had to say and really listened (most do not). She was positive that changes would resolve all of the room configuration issues, the needs to be retired from service fridge issue, the unwashed lipstick stained towell my husband used after his shower issue and most importantly the hey, I came back and my things had all been removed from my room and someone else is in here already issue. Sincerely, the weekend had its problems but the point is....she was determined to fix these. She was quick to let me know that the Hampton Inn experience was poor over the weekend and that she was going to raise the bar up to where it should be. And that, friends is what you need in a stay anywhere. Issues will happen (all in one weekend is kinda freaky) but it's what you as a manager do with the resolve that makes the hotel. Taking the opportunity and seeing it as a positive way to change. And positive change is good. Thank you Kenja. You are not only gorgeous but smart and will have a great career with your get it done attitude.

Room Tip: Select upper rooms (3rd/4th) floor with a good furniture configuration so that the a/c moves freely...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roper13
HamptonTucsonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Hi Mrs. Roper! I really appreciate our conversation and you taking the time to speak with me. I take all guest feedback seriously as it enables our hotel and staff to continue to grow. We have since addressed all the concerns you brought to our attention and are looking forward to welcoming you back. I do hope you and your husband have a great rest of the summer and whenever you are in Tucson, we would love to welcome you back, Please feel free to contact me directly. Kenja Mcleod

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Kudos to Sandy/Front Desk at Hampton/Tucson Airport who was a great help and very patient with a 7 room reservation July 20-24 revision through American Express rewards.

Thank you for your time, patience and professionalism reworking our reservations to date needed. Your kindness was greatly appreciated!

This world would be a better place if there were more customer service representatives like Sandy!

Thanks....Linda

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HamptonTucsonGM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Hi Linda! Thank you for letting us know what a wonderful employee we have on our staff. We are grateful to have her and are so happy she took care of you patiently and efficiently. Sandy has been with us a long time, so we hope to have her impacting all our guest they way she did with you, for many years to come.
Las Vegas, NV, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Hampton Inn is always a good place to stay for either business or pleasure while traveling. This one was easy to find, well maintained, and convenient to downtown Tucson and other area tourist attractions. It was surprisingly quiet for being located across the street from the airport. The staff was very pleasant. We will stay there again if we return to the Tucson area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us on your road trip stop! We are glad you enjoyed the convenient attractions located within minutes of our hotel and are even happier you enjoyed staying at our hotel. We pride ourselves in cleanliness and friendliness. You always have a friend in Tucson when you stay at the Hampton!
Victorville, California
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Calling for shuttle service I was pleasantly surprised with the short pick-up time by the hotel shuttle. Check in was super fast and easy.. Hotel was clean and lobby was spotless. Room was of very good size. Amenities in bathroom were great. The only drawback was the fact the hotel is a little ways from town, but the hotel provided shuttle service to local shopping and restaurants as well as the Diamond Casino who had a great seafood buffet with mimosas included. The hotel is also in walking distance to adjacent properties with excellent restaurants with good prices. .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jere J
HamptonTucsonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Good day and thank you for recommending our Hampton Inn Tucson Airport to fellow travelers! I was so please to read that you fully enjoyed your accommodations. Although we are 15 minutes for downtown, I was glad to hear you enjoyed the R&R Grill across the street as well as our complimentary shuttle service. Thank you for choosing our property, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Tucson, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2014

After 13.5 hours driving from California, this hotel provided the most comfortable bedding, cozy, cushion, smelling sooooo good. Ditto to the house keeper and the comfortable bedding. I was impressed with amenities that you have supplied. Most importantly, the price is so reasonable. Highly recommend to the traveler to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the Outstanding Review and for highlighting our housekeeping department and the hotel’s cleanliness! Our oversized beds can’t be beat in the market and we thank you for recommending our Hampton Inn to fellow travelers! I hope you are enjoying your new location.
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My family and I stayed here for a couple of days and Were Totally Delighted with the Personality and Professionalism of ALL of the Employees! Jaime was so Very helpful, as, the booking company that we used was Only after my card Number, and Not the needs of my wife who is handicapped! He fixed us up with a suite that was next to the elevator and was available anytime that I had a Question!
We WILL be back to Tucson and Would Love to stay here again!
Thank You for a Wonderful time!
JB

Room Tip: Tips Not needed Here, I found NO Discrepancies What so Ever!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
HamptonTucsonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Hello Jeff,

Thank you for excellent review! Sounds like you enjoyed one of our most popular upgraded rooms which provide ample space with two king size beds, a large living room and a sofa pullout couch! I will be sure to inform the desk agent of your kind words during our morning huddle. Thanks again for sharing your experience; we look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Take care, and have a wonder summer!
Suffield, Ct
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My visit to the Hampton Inn was at the culmination of my visit with my sister who lives a little NW of Tucson. My one regret is that I did not have more time to spend at the Hampton Inn. The hotel was extremely nice .. the pool, the personnel, the hotel's cleanliness, and, of course, it included a great breakfaslt to help get the morning started.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Hello!

Thank you for the five star review and feedback! It was a pleasure having you with us as I recall making your reservation and learning this was your first time visiting the Hampton Inn, so I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and time with your sister. The next time you’re in town we would welcome the opportunity to have you back with us! Take care and enjoy your summer in Connecticut 