“Good for short overnight stay”

Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport
Ranked #13 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
North Carolina
“Good for short overnight stay”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed here for less than 12 hrs overnight when we had to catch a pre-dawn flight out. The best thing about this hotel is its close proximity to the airport. Our floor was fairly empty but they put us in a room right across from the elevator, ice machine and vending machines which means they don't really pay attention to your room preferences when you request a reservation, unlike all the other Hilton affiliates we've stayed.

The bed was comfortable and the room had a microwave and fridge. The bathroom had Neutrogena amenities but only two bath towels. The front desk was accommodating when we realized we forgot our toothpaste and they had complimentary fresh baked cookies when we checked in. Wifi is free (so nice) and the lobby has a nice inviting vibe to it.

I'd probably stay here again if I had another early flight out the next day but I'd definitely make sure we got a room further away from the elevator.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Kirkland, Arizona
Reviewed March 23, 2014

One of our favorite hotels in the Tucson area. This was a one night stay with our family on spring break. After a great complimentary breakfast, it was easy access to our next stop, the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I started my stay across the street at the Sheraton Four points, but they could not accommodate me for the entire week (Sunday to Sunday), so I moved from Thursday to Sunday to the Hampton Inn. Check in was very fast, and the front desk understanding after locking my key card in the room twice. The Breakfast was a step up from the Holiday Inn, but a step down from the Sheraton, as they have a full restaurant. The Breakfast room at the Hampton was also very crowded, and the food area cramped; you are always bumping into people. The rooms were better laid out better than the Sheraton, with lots of power points near the night table ( A pet peeve of mine!). The pool was nice, but the hot tub was not functioning; they need to fix that! I stayed in the back of the hotel on an upper floor, and was woken up by early morning flights from the Airport. I think the first and second floor rooms may be more quite. I needed to stay near the airport as I was working very close by. I did end up driving to Tucson central almost every night to get a good dinner. There really is not a lot around the area. The only options are the Irish pub restaurant next door and the Sheraton across the street.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st and 2nd floors tward the front of the hotel will minimize the Airport Noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank pjriccio
Columbia, IL, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Overall was a great stay. Had a room next to the ice maker and never heard it run. The room was clean and the bed was very good with fresh smelling sheets. TV worked great had HBO even if there is never anything on TV. The Staff was fantastic and very helpful on all three shifts. Breakfast was fresh from the that morning and hot. The things I found lacking was the juice seemed kind of watery in texture and flavor. The bathroom lighting needs improving, unless you are a old lady that don't want to see your wrinkles. Shower head could be a little higher I am only 5' 7" and had to lean over to wash my hair. Overall it was a very good stay for the 5 days I was there. I would recommend this hotel and it is close to the airport with out the airport noise.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Boyertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed here during February, 2014. Wanted to be near the airport and also visit Saguaro National Park for the final two days of our southeast Arizona trip. Actually, the hotel is within walking distance of the airport, but airport noise is not a problem. Check in was handled very courteously by Samantha. Her advice on my restaurant criteria was spot on and was confirmed by another guest who overheard our conversation. Hallway & room smells were fine. Bathroom, beds, and rooms were clean. The breakfast area was spotless and very efficiently managed by the young lady who was there on both mornings. Guests appeared to be a wide cross from business to casual travelers. So, why 4 instead of 5 in my rating? Well, for a reason common to most hotels within this price category -- the A/C system -- a below-the window unit, in this case controlled by a wall thermostat. It functioned as most of those do; i.e. louder than you'd like on low fan speed and annoying to sleep with because you either have to deal with fan noise or an "auto" setting that has several degrees variance in on/off temperatures which results in a stuffy room. A tall furniture piece also sat in front of the A/C unit which hindered airflow circulation within the room; actually, I moved this piece out of the way as much as I could. Without air outflow from the other side, except from a noisy bathroom exhaust, there is incomplete airflow -- but, again, that's just the way these installations work. So, you get over it because there's nothing really wrong; that's just the way it works. The positives of this place outweigh my personal A/C issue and my wife & I overwhelmingly agreed we would stay here again if ever in the Tucson area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hartwick, New York
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed in Tucson for 4 nights- 2 prior to traveling to Ajo (Organ Pipe National Monument), and 2 after. I chose this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews, and my pocketbook. It was an excellent choice and included a good breakfast and GOOD coffee. The desk personnel were gracious and gave me a free tube of toothpaste since I had forgotten to pack any. The location near the airport was not noisy, and convenient for visiting the various sites in Tucson which are in every direction. The only problem with this area is the dearth of decent restaurants, but we travelled into town and found some good Mexican food restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HamptonTucsonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Good morning and thank you for the five star rating! We would like to think we have a good mixture of value, convenience and service. I was delighted to hear you were able to enjoy our hot breakfast and great coffee. My favorite is the robust blend as it is a bit stronger but has great flavor as well.

You are correct there are limited restaurants in the area however there is a nice restaurant across from our hotel; the R&R Grill that has really good quality food, but I was glad to hear you found good Mexican food as well.

Thanks again for the review. We are so very happy you chose our hotel. Have a great weekend!
Ohio
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here recently for several days. It is located within walking distance of the airport and is on a street of chain hotels lined up one after another. It is convenient to the airport, Davis Mothan AFB and the Pima Air Museum. But it is inconvenient for many other things. We found ourselves driving across town to eat and for any attractions or entertainment (other than the outstanding Pima museum). So you should factor the location into your plans. The hotel appears to be of a bit older vintage that has had an attractive decor update of the lobby and breakfast area. Our room - a one bedroom suite - needed to be rethought and refreshed. The rooms were dark and gloomy, and the furniture was a little battered and out of date. The living room had two lamps right next to each other but no light where you needed it to read. There was a strange empty place at one end of the room. The hotel was busy with several groups, which may explain why getting a seat at breakfast was such a challenge. Oh, and the elite loyalty customers get the good parking spaces. My experience was not consistent with the reviews posted by others.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Good morning and thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel. Out hotel is a convenient location to the airport and other attraction near the airport such as the ones mentioned and several corporations which makes us a great location for business travelers as well. I am so sorry to hear you were disappointed in our two room suite. We are in the process of updating our rooms as we have new cherry wood nightstands, headboards and will complete the remaining case goods this summer in addition to new corridor carpet at the end of March.

As a part of our Hilton honors loyalty program, we do reserve the first five spaces for our Diamond and Gold members. This is a brand standard however our goal is to make all guest feel warm and welcomed when staying with us. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to reintroduce you to our hotel in hopes you will also experience our Hamptonality.
Thanks again for your comments; we appreciate the feedback as our goal is to improve with every survey. Take care