All reviews the grill boarding school historic rooms girls school historic resort private patio catalina foothills horseback riding older rooms grounds are beautiful city lights outdoor shower mountain view wonderful stay happy hour main building our room was spacious
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been coming here yearly, and each time it just gets better. Friendly faces, all willing to go out of their way to please their guests. Kudos to Carla in remembering my name at check-in. The suite we had was just perfect, roomy with a well appointed bathroom. Spa treatments as usual was just so relaxing, I actually fallen into a deep sleep. The Grill was delicious, this time I had their seafood, and like the beef, my plate was wiped clean. We will see you again very soon. Thanks for everything!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Raymond R
GeoffreyFCampbell, Assistant General Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Raymond R,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I was happy to pass on your kudos to Carla. I am glad you enjoyed your spa experience and decided to try the seafood option at the Grill. We enjoyed seeing you again and look forward to seeing you again very soon. It there is absolutely anything else we can do to make your next stay even more special, please let us know! I hope you have a great autumn!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I believe this is my favorite hotel of any and all that I have ever visited. The Hacienda deluxe rooms are spacious, I love them even more than the newer Catalina rooms - which are also amazing. Both restaurants on property keep excelling in diverse menu items and delicious, mouth watering choices. The views and landscaping are also breath taking, but the real test for me is the staff. Every staff member we spoke with, and there were many , was not only welcoming and helpful, they are genuinely nice people. I've been to the Langham's, Ritz Carlton's, Regent's and the staff there is Trained to be helpful and nice - but the difference at Hacienda Del Sol is there is no pretense or falseness - you feel taken care of and they are genuinely happy to do so.
I can't say enough about this place so just treat yourself and STAY HERE.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong - but I prefer the Hacienda Deluxe rooms
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bonnie V

Dear Bonnie V,

You just made everyone's day at the Hacienda! You identified the most important aspect of our service culture, which is our genuine desire to serve our guests. I am glad we are your favorite hotel you have ever visited, this is our goal with every guest every day. Thank you for staying with us and we will see you again soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2018

This has become the perfect stopover driving between San Antonio, Texas area and the West but we need to stay longer next time. This time we tried a Catalina room which overlooked the mountains. In some of the Ground floor units, there is an outdoor shower with a nice terrace. The bathroom is large and decorated with Talavera sinks and tile work. The hotel has two small pools of which neither are crowded however I was disappointed to find that the bar by the newer pool was not staffed this time. I felt a little funny going into the hotel bar in my bathing suit and coverup for a drink but no one seemed to Care. Next time, I’ll just make sure I bring my own adult beverage to the pool.! I prefer this lovely spot to the larger and definitely more crowded (with kids) resorts that are abundant in Tucson. Quiet and charm, you will find here!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
GeoffreyFCampbell, Assistant General Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Dear Zinniaqueen,

Thank you very much for your review. Thank you for your compliments as they related to our grounds and guest rooms. I have addressed your concerns about the pool bar staffing. We have created signage to assist guests with contacting the hotel for service from the pool in the rare moments that the pool is not attended during business hours. Our property is charming and quiet for the most part but with the same amenities you would find at only the finest of luxury resorts. I am glad you enjoyed yourself. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

I was coming into town to visit a friend. When I asked for a recommendation for a boutique hotel she recommended Hacienda del Sol. Immediately upon arrival I knew this place was something special. The grounds were amazing & the front desk staff were professional & helpful. The room was very nice. I ate breakfast each morning in the restaurant & the waitstaff was awesome! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting something a little extra special! I'll certainly be back.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
GeoffreyFCampbell, Assistant General Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Dear Traveling4Real,

Thank you and your friend for considering us as your boutique hotel of choice! It was wonderful to read your review this morning. Thank you for the positive feedback about the front desk staff and restaurant staff. I look forward to your return and we will make sure we make your stay a little extra special again. Have a great holiday weekend!

Reviewed August 29, 2018

Once you enter the gate you discover a wonderful blend of the old and new in a top notch resort. Walking through the grounds offers a unique experience of landscaping and architecture with no details left out. Old world charm with modern amenities seems to sum it up best.
From check in to check out not one problem or complaint with Hacienda Del Sol. The staff does everything they can to make for an enjoyable stay at the resort. Thanks Stephanie (desk) Cody (valet) Laura (Grill).
Definitely not a diamond in the rough this place is polished and ready to wear.

Stayed: August 2018
2  Thank Ron55
GeoffreyFCampbell, Assistant General Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Dear Ron55,

Thank you so much for your review. I look forward to passing on your feedback to Stephanie, Cody and Laura. I am so glad to hear you had a flawless visit. "Old world charm with modern amenities is exactly what we are looking to provide every day to every guest. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you so much for staying with us!

Kind Regards,