“WOW!!! Much more than I anticipated.....”

Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort
Ranked #3 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Key West, Florida
“WOW!!! Much more than I anticipated.....”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

What a beautiful place. I could not have been happier. Do yourself a huge favor and stay here
at least once in your lifetime. The rooms, the staff, the grounds, were magnificent. I cannot
imagine a better place to stay. I came to Tucson to find a place to live and I wish it could be here. I am so pleased that I checked trip advisor as the reviews were so spot on except for the fact that the Hacienda del Sol should be rated #1. Trust me and everyone else-stay here. You will not reqret it. Thank you to Carrie for being so very kind!! I will be living here soon and I will definately be visiting the wonderful Grill restaurant here at Hacienda del Sol.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank graciekw
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Gracie, Thank you for coming to stay with us from the Conch Republic and soon welcome to living in our fair state. Not much is needed to be said after your headline, exceeding expectations is basically the standard we aim for and I am grateful to our staff and grounds for provding this to you. If house hunting gets to be a pain you are welcome to stay here as long as you like. We agree with your assesment that we should be # 1, just more motivation to continue our hard work and dedication every day to acheive this. Hope you have an easy move out West and please contact me anytime I can assist with your dining reservations or a staycation once your a Tucsonian. Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Korean first
AZ
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My third visit & just as wonderful. Friendly & accommodating restaurant staff (even on a busy Sat. night!), beautiful, spacious room and peaceful grounds. The pool & all patio areas are so relaxing - fun to watch all the wildlife too! By the way, thank you for NOT having a water slide. It's so nice to enjoy a pool without water activities. A special thank you to our housekeeper, Jo, for taking excellent care of us & to Simon at the Front Desk for his gift shop assistance. FYI to other readers....the gift shop has an excellent selection of very unique jewelry at very reasonable prices.

You all think of everything. Thank you for a fantastic getaway!

Room Tip: I've stayed in three types of rooms & they are all wonderful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Treats, Thank you for deciding to return to the Hacienda for a third time, great to see we have earned your repeat business. I have alerted management to halt construction on the proposed water slide, kidding but I do agree and we are much more into having guests relax and enjoy peace then all kinds of bells/whistles/slides etc which ruin the natural views and invite more noise. Thank you for mentioning Jo and Simon by name, we always share these reviews with anyone mentioned, it reinforces their hard work and dedication to their craft. Robyn, our gift shop owner will be thrilled to hear your thoughts, she has worked hard in the last year to re-invent the shop with unique and local items with a great mix of low to high end merchandise. I would love to have you return for a 4th stay and maybe try yet another different room type as they are all unique. Regards
Irvine, California
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very nice property up in the foothills away from the city. Very nice landscaping and public patios.
Very nice and spacious deluxe room. Located in a very nice part of town. Our room a private patio with a nice view of the mountain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Mr. Haddad, thank you for taking a moment to share a review on your experience here at the Hacienda. I believe yours is the first review ive seen where the guest is still at the hotel when writing it. This would indicate to me either a really good or really bad experience and I am glad you fall into the first category. I am enjoying all of the wonderful pictures you have posted of our grounds, looks like you have been doing some exploring around the property. Great to hear you are enjoying your Hacienda Deluxe room, I hope you are getting time to enjoy the great sun from your patio. I hope you have a wonderful last day with us and please let us know if we can do anything to make the day better for you. Regards
Boston
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Just returned from a three night stay at the Hacienda Del Sol Resort in Tucson. Attended our nephew's graduation from the U. of A. Enjoyed our own private casita with fabulous mountain and sunset views from our expansive balcony. Interior was extremely spacious..kitchen, bedroom, bath, living/dining room..all decorated in a tasteful southwestern theme. Casita also was attached to your own carport. Grounds of the resort are meticulously maintained, pristine, and beautiful. Staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and genuinely courteous. This resort is a definite must and sits at the top of the list for amenities,accommodations, scenery, and a staff who treats you like you're the most important guest on the grounds. Will definitely return in the near future!

Room Tip: Casita 49 has the best mountain and sunset views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Conragtulations on your nephew's graduation, thank you for choosing to stay with us for the celebration. I am grateful that our 1 bedroom Casita provided enough space, comfort and views. We recently did some upgrading of the interior doors, painting and have a new couch in the living room, it sounds like these are well recieved from your review. The convenience of haing your own carport is really handy and with the extra space down there helps when you have guests come by and can park right at the house. Again I will absolutely pass along your kind words to our Landscape crew, they work tirelessly to maintain and improve the natural gifs we had to begin with. It can be cliche but as you mention every guest should be treated like they are the only and most important guest here every stay. I hope you can return in the future and as a heads up we also have a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom Casita if you are coming for a group or family type event again. Regards
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Our family stayed at the Resort for three nights checking out on Easter Sunday after their delicious Sunday Brunch.

We stayed in the Tracey Spencer Grand Casita and it turned out to be a great choice traveling with our two children, ages 12 and 14. The children had their separate very large bedroom with two queen beds and en suite bathroom. Around the corner from them but within the casita we had our own large bedroom with king sized bed and en suite bathroom.

The Casita also included a kitchen/dining area, a well appointed living room area with access to its own private outside patio with cactus gardens, good birding and magnificent mountain views all around. These common areas in the casita were very tastefully decorated and there were walls of large picture windows that allowed the splendor of outside to come in.

We ate breakfast at the resort restaurant. The breakfast was delicious, service was very good, the ambiance beautiful and the views from the picture windows breathtaking. I hope to go back!

During the course of our time there, I came into contact with two concierges and found them to be knowledgeable about the area and very pleasant to interact with.

Room Tip: The Tracey Spencer Grand Casita has plenty of space for a family.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your long trek from the North Atlantic to come see us here at the Hacienda, I believe you are our first guest from Bermuda that I can recall.
Great to see that our Grande Casita, the most cherished and Historic building on the grounds provided plenty of space and comfort for your family. The split bedrooms, each with own bathroom provide great privacy especially as you know for kids who dont like to be around the parents 24/7 on vacation and vice versa for parents who need some down and alone time. Thank you for mention of the tasteful decoration in the common areas, we somewhat recently updated the living room with new furnishings and decorations, glad to hear guests liking what we have done.
I will of course pass along your thoughts on our breakfast service to Grill management , they also have a Trip Advisor page and appreciate reviews on their behalf. We moved breakfast into the West Patio where you dined about a year ago, mainly so guests can wake up and enjoye those views to start the day.
Being a small property we have to multitask and I am happy to see our staff handled all concierge type duties knowledgeably and with great service.
Safe travels back "across" the pond and we hope to see you on your next cross Atlantic journey. Regards
Wellesley, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Hacienda del Sol Guest Resort feels like you have gone back in time to the early days of Tucson. It is elegant with a rich history. This small resort used to be a girls school and there are early photos of this time. Today it is a beautiful property filled with many flowering gardens and quiet places to sit, a pool, gorgeous large rooms and suites with tile floors and tasteful southwestern decor. Our two very spacious rooms each had an outdoor private patio with table and chairs and nice views. The bathrooms were updated and large. The front desk is always ready to help. The restaurants consist of one elegant indoor restaurant and one casual outdoor patio with some additional seats inside. The food was delicious and the champagne brunch is out of this world! The gift shop has some great authentic items. The location is in a beautiful section of Tucson. We will recommend this lovely intimate resort in Tucson to all who visit.

Room Tip: We loved the Suite #40 and the adjacent large room #39.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nancy, thank you for making the trip from Bean/Title Town to come stay with us recently. I am so glad our connecting rooms 39 and 40 provided enough space and comfort for your group to enjoy. It is nice having your own private building and the connecting patios make it great for entertaining between the rooms as mentioned. We appreciate your group taking the time to dine in our restaurants and I hope you enjoyed the # 1 rated brunch in Tucson. I will also pass along your thoughts on our gift shop to Robyn who does all the purchasing and always enjoyes knowing that people are liking the mix of items we carry, she has tried to keep alot of items local and as you mention not your typical hotel gift shop fare. I appreciate your recommendation to fellow travelers and I hope we can host your group again in the future. Regards
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I cannot say anything BUT positive about this hotel. It is a former " girls finishing school" in the 30's and now a romantic, quiet inn. If you want a large , bustling hotel environment -- this is not the place. The restaurants are super and there was bands both nights. The things I would point out: the flower pots and planting are breathtaking, The courtyards and the central plaza are soooooo peaceful, the rooms are clean and functional with smallish bathrooms ( as you would expect in a former dorm , overlooking the golf course of the La Paloma course ( Westin). Quiet prevails and it is very romantic. The best part is the service. Everyone bends over backwards to please the guests.A case in point, one afternoon while on my way to the pool,an employee opened the door and banged me ever so slightly-- the noisr was so much more than the bump. She apologized and I said I was fine but 10 minutes later she tracked me down with an ice pack that I really did not nee. She then brought us a couple of cold beers to " ease the pain" ( which was very minimal. All the help were this way. The managers of this place have done a great job and instill a friendly atmosphere. We were on our anniversary and will return again I assure you. It was worth the expense.

Room Tip: We had the smallest Hacienda room with king and it was good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sck1
Happy Belated Anniversary. Thank you for joining us for your special occasion. We appreciate you enjoying our restaurant, we do have live music from 7-10 pm on the Weekends of varying sounds. I will pass along your kind words regarding our grounds to our dedicated Groundskeepers who take great pride in maintaining the beauty around. I am glad you were able to enjoy and mention many of the qualities we value for guests like peacefulness, quiet, romantic { # 2 on TA } and especially service.
My apologies for any scare and/or pain caused by our front door. Sometimes we need a traffic cop out there as it is right next to our water station. Thank you for pointing out the above and beyond measures our staff member took to try and rectify the situation. We are of the mindset that wed rather do "too much" than leave a guest feeling inadequately cared for when incidences occur
Please contact me for your anniversary plans next year, we look forward to hopefully hosting you and your wife again. Regards