“Very clean with friendly staff”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #111 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
USA Traveler
“Very clean with friendly staff”
Reviewed March 20, 2009

The rooms are average sized for this class of hotel. The room I stayed in had a safe, satellite TV, and was very quiet. Check-in staff I encountered was friendly and knowledgeable. I only ventured out of my room for the meeting the following morning, so I can't say much else.

Overall, it was plesant, although I (personally) prefer cable to satellite.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank mistermike068

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New Orleans
Reviewed July 11, 2007

Heading back form a memorable Las Vegas experience, we decided to stop in Tuscon for the night. Unfortunetly we chose Econo Lodge to try and save a few bucks. Bad Idea. After driving all day in 100 degree heat we found that the motel keeps the air conditioner off untill you turn it on. we've been in the room for two hours and it has yeat to cool off. the person at the front desk gave us the wrong directions when we called so we drove through the sketchy neighborhood surrounding the hotel. a few other highlights of the hotel include:
-front desk clerk wearing t shirt
-pubic hair all over the bathroom
-dirty and outdated room

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Everything. I wish i could check out.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank lotsotravlin
texas
Reviewed June 30, 2007

My family stayed there 1 night (thank god) on our way to Flagstaff, AZ. We arrived around 10 pm. The hotel clerk was pretty rude and seemed put out. The room was hot and the carpet was horribly stained. The bathroom was gross and the water was too soft I suppose. It seemed like you could never get the soap off. The beds were small and uncomfortable. I can't believe they charged $65 plus tax for this dump. I will never ever stay at an econo lodge again based on this experience. It looks like a nest for drug addicts.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank yoolikey
tempe, az
Reviewed December 2, 2006

This place is a dump and I would not recommend it even based on the price. My girlfriend and I booked a king-non smoking room for one night. When we got in the room it smelled so strongly of chemicals that after a few minutes we both began to feel light headed. Also, there was only one small hand towel in the room, no regular towels and no wash cloths. Due to the chemical smell we asked for a new room. The woman at the desk seemed very inconvenienced by this and said we should try running the air conditioning instead. Another gentleman working there said the chemical smell was because the room was just de-smoked and we should try running the heater, but then decided to give us another room. The room they gave us was only a queen but they did not give us a refund for the price difference. We went to the new room and it only smelled like mildew which was a little more tolerable. This room also had no towels, no soap, and no shampoo. We informed the woman at the desk and she said she had some things to do first but would bring them to us shortly. After about an hour we called the front desk and a man answered. We told him we were still waiting for the towels and he also seemed inconvenienced stating he was the only one there but he agreed to get them. So apparently the other woman just left for the night and forgot about us. On top of all this, the room was filhly looking, stains on the walls, shower, floors, and it looked like it had not been vacumned for quite some time. Also, the bed was very hard, the pillows were small and lumpy, and the towels were thin and scratchy. I definitely would not stay here again and would advise anyone else thinking about it to stay away.

• Stayed December 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank josh4564654
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 19, 2005

My wife and I had just been to Tucson to visit the Wildlife museums, the old Tucson studios and many more wonderful places. This was our frist time to Tucson and we stayed at this Econolodge right off the I-10 freeway, a very convenient location if you live in Tucson where I thought to go around the town, freeways would be better. Anyways, the hotel was wonderful just like the people working the desk. Everyone was very helpful and the pool was absolutely clean and gorgeous, unlike some other budget hotels where the pool is more greener just to make you sick looking at it. The room that we were in was nice and comfortable for the price we paid, $45.95 plus tax.
The only drawback to this property was that there use to be a gas station that is now closed right in front of the property and also an adjacent restaurant which is closed too. But, after talking to the front desk, I got to know that the restaurant is reopening again in November as an American-Mexican cuisine, so that should add to the delight of the hotel.

Overall the hotel was great with friendly staff and great location. I will surely be staying at this hotel whenever I visit Tucson again.

• Stayed September 2005