“Terrible and Pissed off”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #113 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Got there broken toilet. Bed was dirty we stayed there over night and check out the next day they refunded me my money a couple days later and i looked at my bank statement and they charged me the full amount of my 4 day stay. I tried to tell them i need my money back they told me to talk to my bank and hung up. Very Rude! Never staying here again

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rebecca H

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Noisy Rooms, Crap Breakfast, Really Rude Woman At Reception!
Forget about this place and go just 1 block down Stone to the Flamingo Quality Inn for the same price but with much better service, food, rooms, pool & a hot tub as well as being much quieter.

Room Tip: Very Noisy Downstairs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank surfdogdomains
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Watch out! The owner is never there (lives in India). So the place is run by his rude and lying children. No breakfast. Sheets with holes, very dirty, seems as a hotel that rents per hour. Threatening characters on the street. No security at night. They refuse to change used bed sheets: "we run out". If you call the manager of the chain, suddenly there are plenty of bed sheets. Watch out. It is a nightmare from which you will never wake up. Please, drive around and spend a few more bucks. Here you get less than what you pay.

Room Tip: Drive away
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I booked this hotel for our first stop on our drive from San Diego to Dallas. We got off the freeway and immediately decided we would not be staying here. This is not a good area...there was a pawn shop, liquor store, graffiti, and check cashing place all within view so we decided to drive another 5 minutes to a red roof inn. Well worth the extra money for piece of mind and safety!!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank RanneS28
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We arrived in Tucson late at night and without the address of the hotel we intended to stay in so decided to give Econo Lodge a go since it was in the guide book. What a terrible decision! The only thing this place has going for it is the price but I would rather spend a few extra dollars and actually get some sleep... On the plus side the room was a good size ... and we came out alive!

Unfortunately we got very little sleep due to the noise from the highway outside, promiscuous neighbours, very loud music, slamming doors and lots and lots of shouting from the landings and surrounding rooms.

I would not recommend this place to anyone - seriously only stay here if you have absolutely no other alternative

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ftm194
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The room was ok and was clean. But did not like the neighborhood. I would not stay in this neighborhood without someone else. The breakfast in the morning was good. They charged us for a safe and we did not use it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Just wanted a clean place to lay my head down for the night. Got what I paid for. people in the lobby at the free bagels, donuts, cheerios etc. and coffee breakfast, complained that they would have liked more. What is that. This is an Econo Lodge, NOT the Ritz Carleton!! Between you and me, if they wanted more, they would have paid more, they would have got more. They wanted more than they paid for!! The location is good, off the Speedway exit on the Interstate. It was recently tastefully updated. It was clean. Had a refrigerator and micro wave oven in room In room coffee would have been nice, but, like I said, if you want more, pay more. There was all the coffee you could drink in the lobby. The room was clean, didn't smell, everything worked, the morning shower was hot and a good shower, parking is a little tight, but I parked in front and no one parked next to me on wither side, so the car was not damaged. I was happy overall!

Room Tip: All the room seemed about equal. Have mostly non-smoking rooms, but a few doors did NOT have the no...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family