Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park
Ranked #35 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We've stay many times in this hotel and our past experience was a bit disappointed. We felt that we were treated very different from other guests. The receptionist named Roberta I believe was very rude to my mother and pretending she didn't spoke Spanish we made our reservation for 3 days and they automatically checked us out on the second day. It just gave us the impression that if you are Hispanic or Latino you will be treated different. Hopefully we won't have to stay in that hotel anymore. And is the one by the airport

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Recommend this hotel for convenience and comfort! Staff was great! Room was very clean, amenties were sufficient! Stayed here because of attending a conference and the conference areas were neat and easy to navigate.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Rebecca V, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time and letting us know how your recent stay with us went. I am so glad to hear that we were able to make your stay a rewarding one! We hope to get the chance to serve you as our guest again soon! Have a great week!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is my premier choice to stay when I come to Tucson. No other Hotel in the area can compare to the hospitality of the employees, the neatness, and the room comfort. As a FedEx employee, they treat me great and the affortable rate is second to none. My wife loves it, my kids are happy. Thanks to your wonderful and kind staff.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Rebecca V, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

On behalf of Doubletree by Hilton as well as the entire staff of the Doubletree by Hilton -Reid Park, we want to thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit. We appreciate your honest and constructive critique of our hotel and services.

We are dedicated to outstanding service and responsiveness to our guests and are delighted we were able to meet your standards and provide comfortable accommodations.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to be able to serve you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Hotel has outside doors which I had called and asked about but was told I would get a room on the inside. When I checked in, no other rooms were available and the clerk pointed me in a direction but didn't tell me my room was on one end so I walked all the way around a very scary, dirty outside corridor. The room smelled musty and the decor is very old.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Rebecca V, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

On behalf of The Doubletree by Hilton-Reid Park I want to apologize for the inconvenience that occurred when you checked in. We strive to make each stay a comfortable and relaxing experience and I am very sorry for not meeting that standard. I can assure you we are addressing these issues with our staff to make sure something like this does not happen again. We are grateful for your honest feedback and do hope you will come back and give us another chance to make your next stay a perfect 10!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

When I walked into the hotel, the hotel was clean and neat, and the staff was very friendly and welcoming. It was refreshing! Parking is free, and ample. The rooms are nice, clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was great, lots of choices, the staff was helpful. I travel almost full time and would certainly return to the hotel. I recommend that you try it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca V, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Reviewed September 18, 2013

water is not courtesy, in addition to the bed and breakfast package when we went to breakfast buffett was .. and it was ok ... just wanted to order an omelette and the waitress told us that if we could not ususally omelette and enjoy what the bufett.

1  Thank elsa l
Rebecca V, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time and giving us your honest review of your recent stay. I apologize for the inconvenience at breakfast during your stay. I can assure you we are looking into this matter and addressing it with our staff to make sure we are making every stay a rewarding experience. We are grateful for you choosing to stay with us while in Tucson and do hope you will give us another chance to make your next stay a perfect 10!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Doubletree and I really, really enjoyed my stay, with one minor exception. First of all, they're going through a renovation so there's a little dust but none of it reflects in the cleanliness of the hotel or the friendliness of the staff. Everyone was so helpful and knowledgeable. This stay is recent enough that I actually remember the names of the staff I encountered and at the desk I was always greeted warmly by Jenae, Alexis and Ann-Margaret. I was staying with a coworker and we needed a lot of direction to get around and everyone was really patient with us, especially Sean the bellman. The only problem with my stay was a woman who appeared to be some sort of manager ( I think her name was Joanne? Maybe Jean?) who would come by and loudly berate some of the employees throughout the course of their duties. I observed her doing this in the restaurant and to the bell staff and I understand wanting your employees to comply with your direction timely, but it is off-putting to hear someone tyrannically threatening to fire people over your breakfast. Sometimes the problems are entirely management and the staff all took it in such great stride. I don't know if I would be good enough to do the same were I in their place.

Room Tip: We were in the smaller outdoor area that rings the pool and my coworker was a little skeptical about...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca V, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

We at Doubletree by Hilton – Reid Park are dedicated to outstanding service and responsiveness to our guests and are delighted we were able to meet your standards and provide comfortable accommodations. We do have a great team here and I will make sure we extend your kudos to the all team members but especially the ones you named.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to serve you as our guest again soon!