WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park

Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park
Ranked #29 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Suffolk, Virginia
“Favorite hotel when in Tucson.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've stayed at the Doubletree Tucson twice, and each visit was an excellent experience. The hotel is very well maintained, with clean, well appointed rooms. I particularly appreciate their fitness center; the equipment is modern and well taken care of.

I've only dined in the restaurant for breakfast, but the buffet is well stocked, but you can also order from the menu.

The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make sure your visit is a pleasant one. I highly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank rjrhodes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Ourimbah, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I regularly stay at the DoubleTree next to Reid Park in Tucson, both by myself and with my family. The staff are very nice and the atmosphere good. The accessibly to Reid park make it great for getting in a bit of exercise (and don't I need it;-)

Tucson, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

When I first arrived I was behind a couple and the man servicing them greeted the couple with a smile and a friendly welcome, after they where done I was greeted with a "What do I need" I understand I look young for my age but I do deserve a friendly welcome. I was offered the warm cookie which was delicious by the way, upon entering my room I was in amazed by the cleanliness and how I had two rooms connected which where both great and exceeded my expectations for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Tempe, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

We picked this hotel because it was close to downtown and we were in Tucson to see a show. Our stay included two adults and two children. The rooms were very nice and the bathroom was beautiful. The two full size beds were a bit small (would have preferred two queens) but it is workable with one adult and one child in each bed. The pool was heated! That was very nice considering it was late April and it can still be a bit chilly. Swimming made for a very nice way to spend the afternoon before our show and in the morning before we checked out. The staff was great and ALWAYS very friendly. We would absolutely go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

First the good: The hotel, while not close to the airport, is easy to get to and an easy drive to downtown. North-facing rooms on the upper floors have good views of the sprawling city and the mountains. There is a nice garden courtyard and a large pool. The front desk and lobby staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel shows a few signs of age, but overall is well maintained, clean and comfortable.

The only downsides included a room air-conditioner that did not condition the air at any setting, and an unfriendly, young bartender at the lobby-area lounge who apparently did not like his evening assignment.

On a two or three-day business trip to downtown Tucson? This hotel would be a good – if not great – option.

Room Tip: For views, request an upper floor room, facing northerly toward the mountains.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I enjoyed my stay with only one concern. The door sweep at the bottom was missing to keep out ??things??. Very clean. Good bed if you like soft... floor was great to sleep on. I was suprised at a Wi-Fi charge in today's electronic data world. Did not need it for an overnight stay but I probably would not stay multiple days at this facility.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Fountain Hills, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had an impromptu stay in the Tucson area and couldn't decide which Hilton brand hotel to stay at. I pretty much used the "throw a dart at the board" method and landed at the Doubletree - Reid Park and was very happy that I stayed there. It's located in an ok neighborhood area but the hotel itself is beautiful with a definite "Arizona" vibe to the exterior/interior. I felt right at home at check-in with my warm cookie and was granted a top floor room away from the elevators and instantly planted myself on the bed to see if it had their usual comfortableness. It most surely did and the view they gave me faced the pool deck and large jacuzzi which I couldn't wait to ooze into sealed the deal for me.

I must also thank the bartender for her helpfulness with the local area and recommended a great steak for me that night in their restaurant. Also, you MUST try their southwest chowder, it was fantastic! My only concern at the hotel was with the air conditioner unit which seemed to change temperature throughout the night. I'm hoping it was just my room that had that problem and even though i was able to sleep once I got used to it, it did annoy me at first.

Next time I plan on using their gym which is right next to the pool, it seemed to have the basic machines that you would need for a nice workout. You will love the Doubletree!

Room Tip: The even numbered rooms in the main tower face the pool area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends