What a great hotel!
My husband, 4 year old daughter and I got to the hotel at 10 pm after 8 hours of flight and travel from Montreal to be welcomed by a friendly staff that set the tone for the duration of our stay. We stayed at the Doubletree Reid Park for 6 nights. Usually after 2 nights in a hotel we all start getting a little uncomfortable and fed up of being away from home, but this hotel truly felt like home.
The rooms, hallways, lobby and grounds are very inviting and warm. There was a cosiness to the room that is becoming more and more rare to find.
The room was always very clean, despite the only slightly dated bathrooms, it was spotless. The cleaning staff is very attentive. One day when they saw that I had drank both coffees provided, they left me extra for the next day which I thought was very thoughtful. When making the beds, they always tucked my daughter’s stuffed animals in cuddling at the pillows which made her happy.
-Very clean rooms, grounds and common areas
-Extremely friendly and helpful staff.
-Beautiful heated pool kept at 80 degrees in January
-Great Wi-Fi connection
- Nice buffet breakfast offered in the restaurant downstairs
*If you are there on a Sunday you absolutely must have the ‘Champagne Brunch’, the selection was wonderful, high quality food and something for everyone.
The only things that weren't 100% great about this hotel, as mentioned above, their bathrooms could possibly use a little facelift. Not an overhaul because despite their years, they have been cared for and cleaned properly, it’s more of ‘look’ thing.
Also, some of the mattresses are due to be changed. The bed may daughter and I slept on was very comfortable; however my husband’s springs were well used. But great pillows! And be warned that they are double beds and not queens, which suited us fine, but may not suit all guests.
For the Location, it is in between Broadway and 22nd avenue, 2 main streets that I found had everything we needed on. Also it was just down the street from the zoo and a great park for my daughter. i felt safe in the area.
Thank you to all the staff for such a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel features 287 guestrooms; outdoor heated pool and whirlpool in a lush courtyard setting, massage services, new fitness center, cyber center and three tennis courts. Dine in the Cactus Rose Steakhouse, Javelina Cantina or Lobby Bar. Enjoy weekend entertainment and take advantage of our award-winning Sunday Brunch. Across the street is Reid Park, featuring two 18-hole golf courses, 3-mile jogging track and 25 lighted tennis courts. Doubletree Hotel is located near attractions, shopping, U of A, DMAFB, airport and business districts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Tucson - Reid Park Hotel Tucson
- Doubletree Hotel Tucson
- Doubletree Tucson
- Tucson Doubletree