“Had a good experience here”

Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park
Ranked #28 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“Had a good experience here”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here during a tennis tournament, and truly enjoyed it. The room was very comfortable and relaxing. I love having a cup of coffee when I wake up, and the single serve maker in the room was much better than average. The level of service I received around my gluten-free diet was extraordinary, including having a special meal made for me when there was nothing GF on the tournament dinner party buffet. There are restaurants in the area, but they're a little too far for walking, so we ate at the Cactus Rose and Javelina Cantina restaurants on site. Both were very good. The breakfast buffet wasn't free, but it was reasonably priced for an ample and varied assortment of foods. The only negatives were the bathroom, which is upscale and attractive in its finishes but lacks towel bars and is generally awkward, and the TV, which has a limited channel selection and is bothersome to tune. Those are minor complaints, though. I would gladly stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My stay here was for a USTA Nationals competition. The staff was wonderful on recommendations for things to eat, see and explore on our off time. The rooms were clean and very roomy. Pool was paradise!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed October 18, 2012

After having spent 6 days in the DoubleTree in Scotdale with an over priced restaurant, I was really excited to get a DoubleTree that gave free breakfast and had a refridgerator in the room. I only spent one night here, but it was clean, the staff seemed friendly enough and over all it was warm and inviting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had a decent stay at this hotel. I have stayed here with tennis tournament functions before and prefer the tower to the "motel type" rooms.

The staff are very friendly. The hotel is pet friendly. They have very pretty grounds. The beds are fairly comfortable...lots of pillows - love that. The room we had was pretty sound proof, something that I always look for in a hotel stay. I found the location to be convenient to restaurants, park, tennis courts. We were on the fifth floor and the view was nice as well.

The rooms were alittle dingy - carpet and bathroom floor especially. There was a large stain on the carpet right near the door....was the first thing I saw every time I came into room. Our sink drain was alittle slow and our tv remote didnt work so well. Though annoying, didnt seem like enough to complain about, but still, would have been nice to have these things work alittle better. Parking seemed limited at times. As someone said in a prior post, seemed like the pool was usually full of children, so I never quite made it down there. Great for a family, not so much for couples.

We paid $99 a night and I thought this was a fair price for this hotel especially because there was not an additional charge for pet, parking or internet.

Room Tip: Ask for Tower room.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My bathtub had a large crack where the caulking was coming out. I happened to look at the air vent in the bathroom and it was caked with dirt and filth. The water ran cold and when I called to let them know, I was told that I had not turned the faucet on all the way... really? Later a maintenance guy explained to me that the water would only get to 100 degrees and this was standard. I stay at lots of hotels and have never had just "warm" water when taking a shower. Don't count on a hot shower here. I won't bother going here again.

Room Tip: Try one on the first floor close to a boiler that produces hot water.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SLemon445, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear savvytravelers40,

We’re very sorry we didn’t provide you with the high quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. Our housekeeping staff will be sure and address the vents to ensure that they are well maintained and cleaned regularly. We apologize for the water temperature issue and we’re currently discussing this with our maintenance team. We hate to disappoint you and hope you reconsider visiting us again for an improved level of comfort.

Regards,

Sue Lemon
Director of Sales and Marketing
Big Spring, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2012

From the moment I entered everyone was helpful and very friendly. Room was clean and neat.
THe Shuttle took us to dinner and returned to pick us up. Maps were provided and sites recommended. Restaurant was very attractive. I give it an APLus.

Room Tip: The Tower rooms have a good view of the Arizona sunset.
Kansas City
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Here are some things you need to know about the hotel that they may not tell you:

1. They charge $20 per person each way for their own airport shuttle. I was not told until I waited almost 30 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. We chose to get a cheap rental car instead because it was cheaper for our group. This alone will hike up your room bill dramatically. Other hotels have free shuttles!
2. Most of the "traveler" pictures on this site are actually provided by the hotel. They did not reflect the bathroom and quality of bedroom I had!
3. Their tv's do not work correctly. You can see this pointed out on many of the reviews here. It is true. I was told that they will pay for a free movie because of this, or I should go out and not watch tv.
4. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant is very low quality food as are many of the entrees on the menu.
5. Our room, and the room our friends stayed in both had dirty floors on the tub as well as mold or rot on the caulking.

These are all items I communicated to the management during my stay. They even moved me to another room the next day because of the tv and dirty bathroom issue. The sad part is that the tv in the new room also had the same issues, and the bathroom was just as dirty. My wife refused to use their tubs until we went to the store to buy "scrubbing bubbles" and sprayed the tub.

3 Thank KCTrvlOftn
SLemon445, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear KCTrvlOftn,

Thank you for the candid feedback on your recent stay with us. We are so sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We have noted the issue you experienced with your television and are actively working with both our cable provider and television provider to resolve the matter. Our housekeeping team is focused on paying extra attention to the condition of the bathtub in each room as they do their cleaning checks. Lastly, we will keep your concerns on our breakfast offerings and shuttle policy in mind as we continually evaluate and evolve to better serve our guests’ needs.

We truly hope you’ll stay with us the next time your travels bring you back to the area. It will be our pleasure to have the opportunity to provide a memorable visit on your next trip to Tucson.

Regards,