Red Roof Inn Tucson South - Airport
$100
$85
$144
$119
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$65
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$67
$190
$169
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$84
$97
$180
$149
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdenny's restaurantroom was cleanwaffle housebudget hotelcomfortable staystayed two nightsair conditionerking beddeskfreewayhousekeeperclerkmicrowaverates
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We paid about $40 a night and had the 2 double bed room (keep in mind only the deluxe King bed rooms have a fridge and microwave). Decent room for the price and most important beds are clean and plenty of parking. Pool was a little cold and no hot tub : / Elevator worked but ice machine on bottom floor was broken, friendly staff!

Room Tip: King bed rooms only ones with fridge and microwave, all other room you get one double bed or two...opt for the far bottom side by the convention center or you will have a view of the freeway but noise wasn't an issue!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2014

Dear, dairyberrys

Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. We appreciate all your positive comments about our Inn, clean comfortable rooms and the great rate you received. I'm glad the parking was convenient for you, especially if your traveling with motor home and boat. We apologize for the Ice machine not working when you where at our Inn but it does rarely freeze which we had addressed and fixed immediately. We do have an additional Ice machine on our 2nd floor for our guests. We are committed to providing the best in lodging and service. We appreciate your business, and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dan Carabeo
Red Roof Inn Tucson South

Reviewed April 27, 2014

My two kids and I stopped here in late March 2014 for one night while on our way to Florida. I made my reservations through another popular hotel discount website, so my 2-queen bed room ended up being under $50. After reading the reviews on here and other websites, I was sort of wary of what I was going to see when we arrived but kept the room reservation since we were only staying for one night.

Imagine my surprise when I realized it wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to me.

Now, first things first, please keep in mind that this is a discount motel chain. If you're looking for five star with butler service, head off to the Marriot or one of those other over-priced-monstrosities. But if you're looking for a comfortable place to lay your head for the night (not for a full vacation but for a night of two) this could be the place for you.

It was around 5 when we checked in. I was surprised to see that the office was attached to the Denny's out front rather than to the motel building. When my kids and I entered, we were greeted by a very nice woman who checked us in quickly and efficiently. She even asked where we wanted to stay. (I asked to be away from the freeway, of course.) Her reply was, "Then I'll put you on this side of the building away from all of the workmen." It seems that a lot of construction workers live there during the week. That explained the interesting dirt footprints that lead up to the door of my room. Thankfully, they didn't carry inside.

Our room was the average 2 bed motel room, with a small table at one end and the bathroom at the other. A long table lined the long wall across from the beds, serving as a desk and dresser. Though our bathroom was updated with new fixtures and colors, the carpet was much to be desired. When I told the front desk in the morning, they said that they were having the cleaners come in a few days to get the last few rooms. The good news is that when they said the room was "non-smoking", they really meant non-smoking. There was no strange or musty smells in the room.

The neighborhood is...interesting, to say the least. Don't expect a lot of places to eat at around there. There's the Denny's (you get 10% off if you show your room key) but that's about it. The surrounding area is full of industrial buildings and RV storage lots so the area empties out quickly so I wouldn't go walking around here. The street that it is on is a VERY busy road and can be hard to pull into or across during rush hour. The freeway does border the property.

The three of us went out for dinner with family that night. When we returned, the motel was very quiet with no one around. We parked and hurried inside, mainly because it was cold and windy that night and not because I feared for my safely or anything.

We slept well that night. The beds were decent and I didn't hear the freeway or the train even though if you opened the door you could clearly hear both. We packed up and left around 7 AM so we could reach our next stop in a timely manner. Even at that hour, we were one of the first ones up and it was very very quiet.

All in all, I was happy with the stay and would return if need be. Though if I do decide to return to Tucson, I would stay closer to the downtown area. Driving from this location to town was a good 15 minutes and I got lost once.

Room Tip: Stay away from the freeway side of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AnnieDe
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Where should I start? High rates, filthy, hairy room. Dogs by/in the pool. Keep driving, look around a little more. Key cards are ancient, not secure. WiFi required a call to a toll free number, which seemed expected as it was printed on all motel materials. My tablet warned me of security issues, which has been a first on on two week USA road trip. Cardboard towels, dirty carpets, and 0 amenities about glazed the cake.

Room Tip: Go Anywhere Else!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank coronado d
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this location a handful of times. It is never consistent. This past visit will be my last the front desk lady was rude and it seemed like I was interrupting her from gossiping with the other employees. They were speaking Spanish to each other like I wasn't even standing there. Awkward I got my keys and then the door would not open I return to the office where mayra so politely made it sound like it was my fault or something. I returned annoyed but was able to get inside. The room was clean but had a slight cigarette odor. The bedspread looked worn out the furniture should have been retired 10 years ago. I removed the bedspread and the sheets looked ok. Later that night I discovered the outlet by the bathroom sink didn't work and the bathroom light flickered. I mentioned these at check out where it fell on the same deaf ears. This place has really gone down hill in the past few months. I think my next trip I'll give some where else a try

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank staynplay9
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Due to my previous experience at the Red Roof Inn in Gallup, NM, I chose this chain again for my stay in Tucson. There were several ways in which this Red Roof Inn didn't live up to what I was used to, however the lack of cleanliness was really, well, just gross. There was a bunch of pee stains in front of the toilet, scum around the fixtures in the tub and sink, grime in all the corners, and yeah - I just don't want to think about anything else. I was exhausted from driving all day and I'd overheard the guy at the front desk say there weren't any other rooms available, or I would have surely made a fuss to either have it cleaned or leave to go somewhere else. YUCK!

I was also disappointed that each room didn't come with a fridge and microwave, so paid the $5 extra to have this available. Since there's a Denny's attached, they don't provide breakfast. All the local channels on the satellite were out.

The folks at the front desk were really nice though, especially the lady I chatted with in the morning.

Note that I'm a gal in my 50s who raised a couple of boys by herself. I put bait on hooks, gut fish, and can dress out a rabbit. In other words, I'm not a delicate flower that freaks out at a little dust. This place is just really dirty, and it's pretty gross.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo