“NO CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Red Roof Inn Tucson South
Ranked #83 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I recently wrote a review of this property complimenting the efficiency of the staff. That was BEFORE I had a problem that required some old fashioned customer service.

Turns out I left something there that I wanted forwarded to me. Three weeks ago I gave them my address and credit card to send the item to me. I was told it would be done.

I did not receive it and I began calling three days ago. The phone was never answered on day shift. When night shift answered they told me to call back in day shift???

Today I reached them through the corporate number and was told that they could not send the item; but they would be happy to give it to whoever I sent to pick it up. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

I spend 20+ nights a month on the road and Red Roof has been my first choice when available since 1978. NOT ANY MORE!!

UPDATE: I have spent another week after a call to corporate and a promise from the property manager that they were sending my property to me. Still no package or shipping information.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

We are very sorry for the issue you experienced after departing our Inn. We shipped the item you left in your room at our expense the same day we talked to you... unfortunately, it was also a holiday week so it took longer than typical in transit. Once again, sorry for the issue and we hope to serve you better in the future.

i0225@redroof.com

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have stayed at several Red Roof's this past year. The appearance of the room was disappointing. Stained sheets, carpet, dirty walls and holes in sheets. It does not meet my standards or expectations. Compared to the other inn's, this one ranks at the bottom. The internet was not working and I had to call technical support myself. The desk clerk told me it had been down for some time; days. This is a non-smoking inn. Yet, the room still had an unpleasant smell like hot roofing tar. The food next door at Denny's was great.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Tucson South Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the unacceptable condition of your room.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Very truly yours,

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at two other red roof inns in the last 30 days and this was by far the worst! Stained bed covers, both the one on top and underneath, on both beds! Bath towel had a stain on it (gross!) mold on the bathroom ceiling, stain on the shower curtain and stained carpets. The blankets had cigarette holes through it. There was muck on the bathroom door and the bedside table was dirty. one pillow didn't even have a pillowcase on it. Was a "walk in" reservation so maybe that was the best room they had but still thought it was unacceptable!
Please note: I did complain mention these issues about the room and the receptionist did give me a $14 discount.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Very truly yours,

Red Roof Inn - Tucson South

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at this Red Roof and the room we had was very clean and the atmosphere was very nice. The two people I met at the front desk were very helpful and pleasant. There was some train noise at night, but not enough to keep me awake. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would stay on the side closest to the office next time as they may be a little quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DeMouseMan
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are glad you found the property to be clean and the staff to be friendly. I have shared your kind words with the staff. Thank you for your business. See you when your travels bring you to Tucson! Lyndsay Dorman GM i0225@redroof.com

Reviewed August 1, 2013

On our trip across the country, my boyfriend Ian and I stopped in Tucson for the night to get some sleep after a long drive from San Antonio. This was our second night on the road.

We chose this hotel because of their pet policy and price.

We got into Tucson around 10:30 p.m. and the guy at the front desk was really nice and accommodating. When we got to our room however, there was another story.

Here's what went wrong:
1) There was no shower curtain.
2) The shower was filthy. It had short and curlies all over the floor of the tub.
3) The rest of the bathroom was dirty. More short and curlies, all over the floor!
4) There were multiple hairs in the "clean" sheets.
5) Those same "clean" sheets were full of stains.

Here's what was good:
1) We stayed in the desert and the a/c worked.
2) There was a Denny's to grab a quick, cheap breakfast from.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jjlott2
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear Valued Guest, First of all let me apologize for your experience during your stay. I find comfort in knowing Jon's friendly attitude made the situation a little bit easier. I shared your comments with the staff and I can ensure we are taking corrective measures to improve this for future stays. Please feel free to contact me as I would like to make this right with you. Thank you for your business. We appreciate your feedback. Lyndsay Dorman GM i0225@redroof.com

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at this Red Roof as usual, during the week of July 8 - 12. The entire staff was excellent, as usual, but I want to mention that Nichol was particularly accommodating as she ensured that I had extra towels, shampoo, soap, etc. Even when she was not cleaning my room, she took the time to ask what would make my stay more comfortable and advised the housekeeper for that day what to include in the room.

Very good attention to detail.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent hotel stay. I am glad to share your kind comments with Nichol and the staff. We appreciate your continued business and hope to see you again soon! Lyndsay Dorman GM i0225@redroof.com

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Jennifer in the front office during night shift has by far been the most friendliest and welcoming personality that i have come across at this location she makes u feel welcomed and very much apriciated

• Stayed: July 2013
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay. Jenni is new to our team and a great addition. I have shared your feedback with the entire staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you when your travels bring you to Tucson again. Have a great night. Lyndsay Dorman GM