“Always consistant”

GreenLeadersGold level
El Paso
“Always consistant”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Another great stay at The Congress Hotel. I was there this weekend & had a great time. The staff are always friendly & the atmosphere is "electric". This is just a fun spot. I saw "The Cult" across the street at the "Rialto". You have a bunch of very interesting things to walk to & you get a real good "feel' for Tucson from this spot. Can't say enough good things about the place.

Room Tip: ask for a room that's quieter; not that any will be less than tolerable.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Peter R
JulieHC, Manager at The Historic Hotel Congress, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Peter R.,

I am happy to hear you had another great experience, we are lucky to have guests that like to make a night out of what Downtown Tucson has to offer. I hope we can keep exceeding your expectations.

Hotel Congress

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Congress for two nights on the weekend. It's a lovely building and the service was excellent. Our Cactus Garden Room was basic but quite charming. The first night was a bit noisy due to a private event in Copper Hall, but we still slept very easily. It's hard to beat the price and location, and the hotel has such a wonderful history. I would definitely stay here again! Don't miss Hot Club of Tucson on Sunday mornings; they play Django Reinhardt music and are great.

Room Tip: Cactus Garden Rooms are generally quieter; you will not get noise from the club, bar, or street, but...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
JulieHC, Manager at The Historic Hotel Congress, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Kristin H,

Thank you for staying with us, Sundays are my favorite day because the Hot Club of Tucson plays live music, the Bloody Mary Bar in the Lobby and Brunch in the Cup Café bring out the best crowds. Sorry about the noise some nights there is no escaping it but most of the time guests get into the events for free so if you can't beat them join them.

See you next time.

Hotel Rooms Manger
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Staff was very friendly. Great location for downtown. Extremely clean room, but small and no TV (I expected this from a historic hotel). Lots of street and train noise at all hours of night. Bed was way too soft. I always wanted to stay here and now that I've done it, I probably wont be coming back.

Room Tip: ....Ask for a quiet room away from exterior walls.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear scardott,

I am glad that you finally got to stay here after wanting to for a while, and am even happier that the staff was friendly and added to your stay. Our Hotel is noisy it was built before cars and amplifiers so in hopes to curb that we provide ear plugs in the bathroom, I hope you found them. Our Hotel is not for everyone but thank you for giving us a try.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was in town to attend the All Soul's Procession. The parade route had changed since my last visit, and the hotel staff were quick and capable to inform me of the new route, and arranged free nearby offsite parking for me. There was even a map available at the front desk.

The Hotel Congress is an older hotel with all the quirks you'd expect from an old building. But the facilities were as good as can be expected. The room was retro, and lighting and plumbing were fine.

I left an article of clothing in the closet, and at my request the hotel staff arranged to have the item mailed to me, and I received it several days later.

This is a great place to stay for a taste of Old Tucson.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
JulieHC, Manager at The Historic Hotel Congress, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Robert S.,

Thank you for giving us a second chance, I am glad we got the opportunity to prove to you the type of Hotel we truly are.

See you next time,

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed November 8, 2013

If you're looking for a 5-star-fall-over-the-staff experience, this is not the place to stay. But, if you want character, a lot history, and enjoy the old world charm, Hotel Cogress is a Gem. very conveniently located in downtown Tucson. Lots of bars and restaurants around... But why go out, this place has something going EVERY night.

Room Tip: The quiet rooms are on the Congress road's side... ask for them!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
JulieHC, Manager at The Historic Hotel Congress, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Monet T.,

Thank you for your review, and for staying with us.

Hope to see you soon,

520.622.8848
julie@hotelcongress,com
Cincinnati
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My room at the Historic Hotel Congress was as promised. Queen sized bed. Bathroom. Free wi-fi. There was no TV, but they told me that in advance. And that's fine. But they didn't tell me how spare the room would be. It really didn't speak so much about being historical as being without much personality. Sorry. But that's how I felt. It was a perfectly good place to stay, just not that something.
The Hotel itself, the restaurant, the front desk people, the vibe, is great. Just don't plan to spend too much time in your room!

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the bar.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Silver City, New Mexico
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love the Hotel Congress, even on a noisy night I love this place! Its alive, full of vitality and energy, and the food is great. I always like who is at the front desk and if noise is an issue, they have ear plugs. The rooms are always clean, beds comfortable, and no TVs, I like that!

Room Tip: Maybe not a room above the bar.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PollyandEsther
JulieHC, Manager at The Historic Hotel Congress, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear PollyandEsther,

Your review was great, we are tapping into the guests that understand what the Hotel Congress is all about and we could not be happier.

julie@hotelcongress.com