Best Western Plus Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites
Ranked #16 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Solid Comfort”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Nicely appointed hotel with better than average fitness room. The restaurant was not up and running but they did serve a decent breakfast and there was 24/7 coffee and tea service in the lobby. The staff is very accommodating. Our room did not have an exit to the outside and the room clerk was nice enough to change us to a better location. The pool and spa area is larger than most with plentiful chairs and umbrellas. The only negative was that the pool and spa could have been a bit cleaner...there were leaves and debris in both the nights were there.
Complimentary shuttle to airport which is just minutes away but most restaurants were further away which could be a problem if one did not have a car.

Room Tip: Junior suites face pool area. Street side rooms do not all have slider to outside.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
We thank you for your feedback, by telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Carlos Manzanares

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here in June of 2013 for one night. Everything was perfect, all except the hallways were HOT especially upstairs. Other than that, everything was perfect. The rooms were awesome, the cleaning was superb, beds so comfortable, A/C worked great, court yard beautiful, and the hotel's ground were immaculate! I would recommend and stay here time and time again as long as they keep it up to the standard it is now.

Room Tip: Perhaps the hallways downstairs in the summer will be cooler than they were upstairs. As for a room...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We thank you for your gracious comments and appreciate your patronage to our hotel, we will keep up the standards you experienced on your visit and can't wait to see you again.

chicago
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

As a pilot, I live in hotels 20 days a month. This is one of my favorite hotels. Clean beautifully furnished rooms, comfortable beds and nice bathroom. Lg flat screen TV, refrigeration and microwave in every room. New fitness room with more equipment than most, and a free hot breakfast. To have something break on occasion is normal, and unless some tells them, it can't be fixed. The hotel has always responded to any maintence action immediately. I have stayed in 4 different hotels near the Tuscon airport and have no reservations in highly recommending this hotel to anyone who visits. (And I am extremely picky about hotels!)

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank HotelsRMyHome
CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2013

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 520 746-3932.

Cumming, Ga
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Congratulations to the Best Western Plus. I have stayed there at leat 8 different times and (1) the check in was quick and accurate, (2) the rooms were large and comfortableand (3) the staff was extremely friendly. I have had the opportunity to meet Carlos, the GM, Patricia Marie, Christina and a special congrats to Cory, who always checks me in efficiently and quickly. Good job.

Room Tip: Reserve ahead of time and tell them your specific needs
Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill M

Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed June 20, 2013

When I called to ask if there was overnight parking, they told me I can overnight park my car, but when I got there they told me that I had to stay for two nights before I could overnight park, and the hallways were hot! The elevator was inconvenient, Other than that the rooms were nice. The people were friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 22, 2013

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 520 746-3932.

Fort Mill
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I stay in a lot of places on the road as a pilot and this isn't the best of them. There is nothing near the hotel and if you want to go somewhere you got to rent a car or cab it. If you have wheels moot point. No towels at the pool. Spa motor didn't work. Positive,, new gym and good equipment. Most employees are friendly but others are completely clueless. The other airport hotels near the airport are better and I have been to them all.

• Stayed June 2013
CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2013

Carlos Manzanares
BEST WESTERN PLUS Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & SuitesUS Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Check in was great. The front desk gal was friendly and gave us a room with 2 queens instead of the 1 king that was booked. She told us it would be on the second floor. She failed to mention the lack of elevator anywhere near our room, however! That was okay though, we worked around it by dragging the suitcase up and down the stairs. Thankfully, it was only one. The room itself was great. Very clean and very comfortable.

The breakfast, however, was terrible. The sausage was dry and the eggs never got refilled the whole time we were there. The pancake maker, although cool, served under cooked pancakes which were awful. We went to Burger King, which was right next door. That was disappointing because we've loved Best Western Plus in the past, although not this particular one. Honestly, we didn't even attempt breakfast there after that.

One of my biggest problems was that there was a party one evening with lots of kids and families in and around the pool. That wasn't the issue. There were two beer cans that sat in the bushes, near the jacuzzi, for THREE days. The second day I was going to pick them up, but then I wanted to see how long they stayed. They were there our entire stay. In addition, I can only imagine because of the party the night before, the pool area was COVERED in ants! You couldn't walk from your chair to the pool, or pool to Jacuzzi, without getting ants on your feet. Terrible!

I tried to have my Best Western number applied to my stay so I could earn credits…they couldn't do it. I told the gal before I checked out, she proceeded with check out, and then told me it couldn't be done because I had already checked out. Really? Come on now.

Location wise, great if you are using the airport. We weren't so it was quite out of the way for us. But, that wasn't their fault :)

A little disappointing for a Best Western Plus ~

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TraJac
CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I can assure you that we have had our pest control company come out and address the ant issues. I do apologize for the lack of education from the front desk agent, please call the hotel and speak to the GM directly and he will make sure to address your rewards points.