“Very Friendly Place”

Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites
Ranked #34 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Check in was very quick. The room was a typical room for a king bed. The bathroom was small but clean. The sink was set back on the counter top so it was hard to reach to the sink. The room came with a refrigerator and microwave. The flat screen TV is mounted in front of the bed which made viewing difficult from the chair by the window. The air conditioner worked, but the control was difficult to set the temperature at a comfortable level. The air conditioner blew right at the chair and onto the bed. I had to block the flow of air to the bed with the 2 chairs. The breakfast was excellent. I was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff and guests while I was there. The bed is very comfortable. I would go back to the motel again.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool can be noisy until the pool closes.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Jen, Thank you for your review and feedback. I always stress service to all my staff, it can help minimized other area's and help you remember the positive attributes! Sincerely,

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed one night a fully booked weekend. Our room was updated/remodeled and very clean, BUT the air conditioning had issues! I got up probably 6 or 7 times during the night, we'd turn it down 1 degree, it would get sooooo cold, I would turn it up one degree, it got too hot, etc. So although the beds were very comfortable, I spent the night adjusting the temperature!

Also in the middle of the night, the bathroom light burnt out so we had to use the "heater" lamp to see to shower in the morning.

We had heard from our traveling party that arrived the day before us that breakfast was a real zoo, too crowded etc., we made sure we got to breakfast when it opened at 630. There were only maybe other 15 other guests eating, but they were out of everything right away and did not replenish it fast enough, finally we gave up and ate what was available, not what we wanted, and went back to our room. I cannot even imagine how bad it would be at the busy time a little later!

We also heard complaints from two of our traveling team that their rooms were not nice. Like I said, our room was great, just not the air conditioning system!

Over all I was satisfied, I would stay again for the price.

Room Tip: make sure to ask for a renovated room, get to breakfast early before everyone wakes up and goes ther...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank tly
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for the review and feedback, I do hope your brought the air conditioning issues up to my staff while you were guest, during the heat of the summer, comfortable room temps is very important. You must have stayed with the teams competing at the Sporting Chance, gets very busy at breakfast, pool, etc. Thanks again and please email me at jcousins@innsuites.com if I can assist with future reservations. Sincerely,

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Thank you very much for your timely response. Additionally, my husband and I have stayed at the Inn Suites on North Oracle every year for over twenty years. The building has changed somewhat over the years, however, one thing has not changed. The customer service and the staff have always, always been friendly, helpful and have done their absolute best to make us feel at home.

We started staying there for mini-vacations before we had children, and now our baby is 21 years old and attended the U of A!

Just wanted to thank the staff for their hospitality over the years, and your handling of today's issue only serves to confirm my high opinion of Inn Suites Foothills. Please pass along our best wishes and congratulations to all involved as we enter our 22nd year as a loyal customer.

Room Tip: They even have smoking rooms available!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Dear Michelle, Thanks you so much for your kind review, I am so happy you feel so comfortable and at home when you stay with us, 21 years of loyality is wonderful, I will share with my owners. Please contact me directly at 520-297-8111 or jcousins@innsuites.com when you have your next returning dates. Sincerely and Go Wildcats!!!!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

If you are looking for a reasonable rate for above average hotel, then book it. The bed was comfortable, breakfast fair, and area has everything you could want. Ordered Rosatis Italian beef and a pizza for room service and it was very good as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Keith, Thank you for your review and feedback, I am glad we met and I hope surpassed your expectations. Please feel free to call ma t 520-297-8111 or email me at jcousins@innsuites.com if I can assist you with future reservations. Sincerely,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The plan was to stay 4 days we stayed 3 hrs. could not stand the smell.This was a terrible or horrible experience.. Don't even think about it.. this place needs very serious cleaning inside and outside, the room smell like body odor, cigarette smoke the bathroom had excrement..
We stayed in june 2014

Room Tip: don't stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Liz T
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Liz, I wish I knew more about your stay such as which room, check in date, etc., if you would like to email me at jcousins@innsuites.com I could investigate more. I am sorry you did not have an enjoyable stay. Sincerely,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Very quiet. Enjoyed it all. Met some Christian guests and had a great conversation. Would have enjoyed a Christian TV channel, however. Or a good western - being in the west - we need westerns,. Rain made PJ's restaurant very wet because it is built on a lower level than walkways. Otherwise very good.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Helen, Thank you for the review and kind words. You are correct, the placement of PJ's is questionable when it rains. Hope to see you again! Please contact me at 520-297-8111 or jcousins@innsuites.com to assist with future reservations. Sincerely,

Reviewed July 3, 2014

My family stayed here in July of 2013 and in June 2014. Service was attentive, my iron didn't work, I called and in five minutes they replaced it. The reception to my dog was excellent. The breakfast was free and alway hot. The pool was clean and the bed more comfortable than the one at home.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Madelyn, Since our beds are sooo comfortable, lets consider our hotel your home away from home, we look forward to your return. Please email me at jcousins@innsuites.com or call at 520-297-8111 if I can assist you with future arrangements. Most Sincerely,