Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites
Ranked #39 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed here for one night and decided to upgrade to the Jacuzzi Suite. We still only paid 95 bucks for this (off season I guess). The room was fantastic: king bed, in ground hot tub in room, tv with HBO, magnifying makeup mirror in bathroom, kitchenette...I could go on. We took advantage of the "manager's social" and each got 2 free drinks which was nice. Good location for getting to shopping, restaurants & bars. A short drive and a cheap cab ride. Pool area was nice, the whole grounds were clean & maintained. Good Wi-Fi signal. Great free breakfast buffet with Starbucks coffee & breakfast goes until 10AM which I always appreciate! All staff we interacted with were very friendly and personable. I'd definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Suite was worth every penny!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you very much for the review, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. sincerely,

There are newer reviews for Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I booked using Priceline's Express Deals (doesn't tell you the name of the hotel) and saved 38% over their normal booking price. I was just here for the night and had a king size bed. The suite had a loveseat, coffee table, small bar with 2 barstools, microwave, coffee maker, complimentary coffee, and a bottle of water. The place was very clean, well maintained, and the bed was comfortable.

As one recent negative post indicated, the entrances to the rooms are outside and it can be noisy. When I was here, I did notice some long term clients that appeared to be here on business (construction). I also heard a rowdy bunch of people come by around 2am when the bars closed (Tuesday night), but I never felt unsafe as a single woman who arrived at 10pm.

I'd give the free breakfast a 4/5 as it included eggs, sausage, and other continental type choices with brewed Starbucks. I was disappointed there were no bagels. They also have a free daily happy hour and a once a month manager's bbq. I grew up in Tucson and have stayed at many of the resorts, hotels, and motels in the area and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank DesertblondAZ
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you very much for the review, I appreciate all the positive feedback and will share with our staff. Sincerely,

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Hotel was clean and well maintained. We did have to park in the back of hotel and room was over looking pool which I am sure is noisy in summer . There was a small group in pool when we arrived and it was loud but they didnt stay long as it was raining. We also stayed on a Sunday night so it wasnt really busy. There were some strange looking people hanging around hotel parking lot so possibly people stay here for extended time. Room was clean with microwave, refrigerator and cook top. Bed comfortable and air conditioning was a unit by window which did make a humming noise . Breakfast was very good and lots of choices and they have Starbucks coffee !!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for the review, I appreciate the feedback. Sincerely,

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and enjoy the experience each time I stay their.The staff and felicity are exceptional not what one might expect at this type of Motel. I would encourage anyone traveling to Tucson to check it out!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you very much for the kind review and recommendation, it's always appreciated!! Sincerely,

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have no idea where the previous reviews are coming from, and quite frankly was very disappointed that I had trusted some of these reviews when I arrived. (I based my decision to stay here on these reviews. I booked through Priceline knowing this was the hotel.)

An first glance, the hotel lobby is nice and clean. Check-in was easy. Driving around to the hotel room, however, was a very different experience. All of the hotel rooms are outside entrance. On my side of the hotel, there was a massive gathering of people drinking beer, smoking, being loud and just gawking at me and my family. I felt like I was in a very bad part of town. (It isn't.) My kids begged me to not even get out of the car. We did. We went to the room, and after hearing everything around us, decided that this was not a 3 star or even a 2 star place. Mind you, this was a Thursday night.

What really sealed the deal in my mind to write this review- when I went to the front desk to tell the agent that we couldn't stay here, she didn't ask why, didn't even inquire what the issue was and how she could change it. She simply asked my room number, took my key and said sorry and goodbye. I got the distinct feeling she had experienced my exact situation before.

I feel bad posting a negative review, however, I know that we rely on these reviews to make our decisions. Perhaps this was just an off night. But I am not taking that chance again,

1  Thank aishamichelle74
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you for your time and your feedback. I wish I could have spoken to you prior to your departure, we have many room types and sure I could have found you comfortable accommodations for your stay. If travel brings you back to Tucson, I hope you will give me an opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel. Sincerely,

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very nice hotel at a great rate. The location is terrific for getting around Tucson. The rooms were clean and well maintained, and the beds were comfortable. Morning breakfast had a number of hot dishes and was operated like a well-run restaurant. We really appreciated the fact that it lasted until 10:00am. The only caution I’d offer is to use the swimming pool in the evenings only if you’re in a group. We had 2 separate incidents of lecherous men smoking outside their rooms on the upper floors while gawking at the females in the pool. Creepy guys aside, this is a terrific place to stay.

1  Thank Julie W
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Julie, Thaks you very much for the nice review, we get alot of use for our breakfast and alot of nice comments. See you again soon! Sincerely,

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have stayed at 2 location in Tucson and both are good places,however be sure to bring your own water,because there is not any free like they state and as for breakfast both are good for what you get,one has more to offer than the other (foothills) and time is longer for breakfast,but all in all i would stay again at either of them. Thank you Best Western!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Good Day Christy and thanks for the feedback. We do supply a bottle of water for each day of your stay, if you did not receive, I do apologize, let me know on your next stay and I'll double the daily allotment. Thanks again!! Sincerely,