“Jacuzzis Need Fixing”

Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites
Ranked #31 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Upon arrival, the desk clerk was friendly and professional. When we entered the room, I was pleasantly surprised at how well appointed this room was. It seems to have had renovations done, which were just superb! The room was decorated to create a soothing, relaxing atmosphere.

Someone really took the time to pay attention to the details. There was a very comfortable bed, a comfy chair with an ottoman (this was a nice, homey touch). The mini kitchen was very well thought out and put together, and included a microwave, a mini refrigerator, a mini stove, a one cup coffee maker (although we sure do prefer the small 4 cup pots, instead, too much fussing to make one cup at a time).

We were grateful to find a decent place that will accommodate us smokers!

The little breakfast offered in the morning was very quaint, and they offer not just a muffin, but scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy (which were very good!) juices, coffee and assorted pastries. I would LOVE to see more hotels do this for guests, hot food in the morning without having to go search for it, what an AWESOME concept!

The lobby features computers for customer use, that is a HUGE plus, I'm an online retailer, and checking stats while taking a little getaway was just what I needed to relax and enjoy my time there.

The only thing that was hugely disappointing was that we rented a jacuzzi room, as I had an injury and really needed the soak. The one in our room was sadly disappointing, as it was tepid, not hot, and the jets didn't really work. It also had a strange smell and was "foamy". Not to worry, I decided to use the one at the pool the next day. Another BIG disappointment, because the jets there didn't work, either. In a conversation with other guests, they stated that they'd been coming to this hotel for ten years, and it's been broken like that for YEARS. Bummer!

For all the good things this nifty, clean and well appointed place has, they need to fix their jacuzzi problems. Something that has been amiss for years is just...wrong!

Don't pay extra for a jacuzzi room, you'll be sadly disappointed. However, I would return to this lovely little place if just traveling and not concerned with the jacuzzis.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the jacuzzi suite, you'll be sorely disappointed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hope H
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you very much for the positive and constructive review, it's always great to hear such wonderful remarks on your stay and our staff. I do hope you could drop me an email and let me know which spa room you were in so I can have my staff check on the blower pump. Thanks again!! Sincerely,

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Attempted to check in on time, as to enjoy some pool time in the afternoon, but instead we waited 1 1/2 hours until our room was ready. The staff was less than apologetic. Upon checking into our room we had a maid barge into our room unannounced, yelling at us that we weren't supposed to be in the room. No one had told her it was rented, but again very unapologetic. Rude staff.
Balcony was filthy, carpet was frayed, and ceiling tiles around heating vent was old and falling down. The main grounds were a bit dirty and unkept. Won't ever stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to competing your review. I hope you would email me and paste your review with your room number and dates of stay so I can followup on area's that need correcting.
Thanks again and regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Checked in on Feb. 13. Went to room and it was filled with ashtrays and the smell of cigarette smoke. Checked room # and it had no smoking symbol. Complained and was told that we did not request a no smoking room and that is what I get for going through a third party reservation system. We have not had this problem ever. They told me they had no more non-smoking rooms. I told them it was unacceptable as the room itself indicated it was a no smoking room. Finally the Manager John Cousins came to our rescue. Told me that the owner wants a % of rooms to be smoking and they have failed to change the signs. He offered an upgrade since we were only overnight. It was the Presidential Suite. It was fabulous. If he had not stepped in the hotel would have been a 0. I think the hotel needs to inform third party reservation agents of their policy and change the rooms to reflect it.

Room Tip: Would suggest you always make it known that you want non-smoking. We used price line and this was th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thanks for your review and comments. I am so glad that I was able to respond to your concerns during your visit and we together, made it a pleasant stay. Please visit again soon, sincerely

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I flew in from Michigan for my Mom's 90th birthday party. We had about 6 rooms rented for family members. I had a king suite. It was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. All of my other family members had a nice stay as well. I had a small problem with the room key when I checked in but they sent someone up immediatly to open my door and maintenance had it fixed within a very short time. Other than that, it was a very nice hotel.
The free breakfast was excellent. Scrambled eggs, waflles, biscuits and gravy, sausage, cereal, fruit, coffee all FREE. I would stay here again. Very friendly staff as well.
They have a happy hour in the evening and each guest gets two free drinks, wine or beer, after that the beers are only $1.50. I was quite "happy".

1  Thank Deetroit
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thanks your your time and review, hope to see you back for Mom;s 91st Birthday!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had two room here. My sister and I shared a king room as did my brother. Rooms were very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable as were the pillows. I like the fact of having both a microwave and a refrigerator. I also like the fact they used just a runner at the end of the bed rather than some of these very heavy, homely bedspreads most chains have that you have to take off and find room for! The breakfast included just about anything you'd like! Scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy and fresh fruits, juices and waffles, Assorted cereals, yogurt, etc! Just excellent but they could use a little more room for folks to sit. The pool area was very nice. We came too late to enjoy the complimentary social hour. They also had computers with free internet access! I would definitely go there again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the kind review. Our most popular feature is the bedding package, very comfortable!! Thanks again and hope to have you back soon!
Sincerely

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Sometimes when traveling with the family, I like a place were I can pull-up to the door, unload the luggage and simply get a good night's sleep. So, the Best Western Tucson Foothills fit the bill just fine.

Location is a mixed bag as this is not a 'right off the freeway' spot, but it is easy to find. I liked the plenty of near-by restaurant options for dinner.

The front desk staff were very pleasant. Keep-up the great work ladies.

The evening drinks were soda, an American beer, and box wine. You can buy an upgraded drink, but don't expect free Crown Royal and Coke. Breakfast was fine, but the eating space was crowded and had a funny odor. I just took some food back to the room and was fine.

The bathroom was tiny, but I wasn't having a party in there anyway. It served fine for a family of four for one night on the road. The air worked well, beds were comfortable, and the room was clean.

I stay at Best Western from Arizona to Houston along I-10 all the time. In my judgment, this Best Western is what I expected. Sure, I could pay double and stay at a nicer hotel; but for a quick stop on a road trip, this Best Western will do just fine.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for your time and review. Feedback is very important to us and all is welcomed and appreciated. We look forward to your return soon, Sincerely,

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We recently stayed here for 3 nights and for the most part were happy with our stay. Free breakfast, wifi & parking plus a free social hour....drinks & snacks every night....make this a good value place to stay. Very good location, very nice staff. Our only complaint would be that our room was facing the pool/breakfast & social spot and in the morning starting about 6:00am it got a little noisy....not a spot for late sleepers. I would return here but request a room away from the pool area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your time in providing your review. On your next visit, please let me know in advance and I'll be happy to preblock you away from the breakfast area, we have alot of early risers enjoying our comp breakfast . See you soon and thanks again