“A Comfortable Stay in Tucson”

Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites
Ranked #38 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Richmond, California
“A Comfortable Stay in Tucson”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My friend and I stayed three nights during the Gem and Mineral Show in Tucson. The hotel was great! The room was clean and comfortable, especially the bedding. The mattresses were plush and cozy, and the pillows just right for me. There was plenty of hot water, a clean bathtub, and nice towels. The Internet connection was plenty fast for doing the bit of work I needed to do, and allowed more than one connection at a time, which was helpful.

We liked the breakfast buffet a lot! There was a full breakfast available, with self-serve waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage, biscuits and gravy, along with cereals, juice, toast... all the breakfast things! We were very glad to not have to leave the hotel for breakfast before going to the shows. The hotel is not near the downtown area and most of the shows, but we liked the area a lot. The breakfast room was very crowded,which required some patience, but there was always enough food and everyone was pleasant.

The street it's on is lined with strip malls, so anything you might need is easily available. The closer area had many restaurants; our three dinners in local spots were all excellent. In short, I really liked this hotel, and will certainly book it again for next year's show.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you very much for the review, we look forward to your return next year for the Gem and Mineral show! Sincerely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed February 13, 2013

What a disgusting hole. I would not even want my dog to stay in a hotel like this. The "non-smoking" room had a strong disgusting stench of smoke. When I called the front desk to complain the front desk clerk had her little son with her awake at 1:30 am and this child (age 5ish) answered the phone. I was shocked. She would have moved me but I seriously doubt that another room would have been any cleaner or would have stunk less. I just wanted to make sure they didn't charge me the $200 charge for smoking in the room. As a matter of fact why would they charge $200 and then not even bother cleaning out the stench? The carpet by the toilet was all wet. The TV didn't work. There was no Do Not Disturb sign and that would not have mattered as the housekeeping carts roll by all morning long starting at 6am and the tile floor and cheap windows make the noise very loud. We got about 4 hours sleep at best in this place. The GM in the morning didn't want to write me a note that I would not be charged the $200 but I persisted and he jotted it down on the back of his business card. Also if you are handicapped forget about breakfast as there is no handicapped access to the breakfast area which was WAY too small. Oh and regarding breakfast - I suggest you not eat it as they just reheat the leftovers every day. I got a sausage that must have been missing the daily grab and got reheated at least 10 times as it was rock hard and very nasty. Again not even fit for my dog.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from the breakfast/pool/laundry area if you want any sleep at all but better yet...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I was hoping when I discussed your experience upon checkout, you would have taken the time to express your unhappiness but you appeared to be in too much of a hurry. I would hope you email me when you get a chance so I can sent you a gift certicticate to use at any of our InnSuites Hotels through out the southwest. I hope to hear from you again.
Portland, Oregon, Usa
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Overall the hotel was fine. The hostess when checking in was efficient but rude. The renovation that was done was nice but the walls were way too thin in the hotel and the door needed to be sealed much better than it was because you could hear everything outside.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for your review, we will be discussing your comments at the next department staff meeting and evaluate ways of improving. Tahnks again and regards,
Stony Brook, New York
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here while attending a three day conference at a conference center nearby. We had a two room suite which was very clean and comfortable. The room has a small kitchen which we did not use but which would have been a plus on a longer stay. The free breakfast was terrific. It was cloudy and rainy the days we were there - late January - so we did not use the pool and we also missed the happy hour because we were at the conference. The hotel is located close to the Tuscon Mall and plenty of other shopping and great restaurants. It is also a short 10-15 minute ride from Sabino Canyon. The office staff was also very accommodating. At this price, I would say this was an exceptional value.

Room Tip: If you can use the extra space, ask for the two room suite. The couch has a fold out bed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review, we are a great alternative to the higher price resorts and offer just as much if not more. Sincerely,
Moose Jaw, Canada
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We just finished our third extended stay at this hotel and will be back again. The hotel and grounds are clean and well maintained and rooms are very nice. We travel with a little Pug dog and always clean up after him so it always disgusts us when other pet owners don't do the same. The grounds of this hotel are impeccably clean which is important to us. John the G.M.and Lynn the front end manager are very pleasant, helpful and friendly. Our son flew out to visit us on short notice and Lynn found him a nice room at a great price which was much appreciated. We will be back next January to escape the Canadian winter.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thanks for the nice review Brian, your little pug is better behaved that a percentage of our guest, LOL. Look forward to have you back next January but if winter drags on this spring, come on back, don't wait so long. Safe travels to you my friend! Sincerely,
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here by myself for 1 week to visit family. Located on the Northwest side of Tucson, which is convienent for me. Hot breakfast was good with eggs, sausage, and potatoes. Free happy hour too. Pool was heated and hot tub was nice. I stayed in a king room with sleeper sofa, sink, microwave, and small refrigerator. Room was on ground level in the courtyard near breakfast building. The not-so-perfect was that shower head was a bit rough, there was a gap underneath my door big enough for my phone to fit through (and other creatures), and the sidewalk is made of tile (which means every rolling cart that goes by in the middle of the night wakes you up because is sounds like a train going by). I will probably repeat, but would recommend staying on the second floor.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank piratespatterson
JohnCousins, General Manager at Best Western Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thanks for the review and feedback, next time after you book your reservation, please call us directly so we can pre block you into a suite on the second floor that might be more suitable to your preference.
sincerely,