“Good value”

Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport
Ranked #44 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Stayed here for total of 4 nights over the week- 2 nights each stay. First room very large - no balcony. 2nd room somewhat smaller but with a nice balcony on 3rd floor. Both clean and quiet . Hotel did not seem very full. Beds are wonderful. Breakfast is hot but does not serve meat-otherwise tasty. Your choice of omelet or waffle plus other choices. Used hot tub one night which was soothing. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rarely heard any airplane noise. Got rate of $59 a night due an intown function. Would surely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank LVaddict4life
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport

Reviewed December 18, 2009

I am a best western employee, and I was traveling to Tucson to bring my friend for leukemia treatments. The staff was extremely helpfull. Javier is fabulous, and tremendously understanding. The restaurant was nice, and the food was delicious. Didn't not get a chance to have any drinks at the bar because we had to get up early haha. The room was VERY clean, and it was a nice break to the stress of why we had to be there. The room had it's own private balcony which overlooked the pool and courtyard. The grounds were well kept and my favorite part of the courtyard/pool area was the palm trees. The bathrooms are small, but functional. Only issue we had was with the internet, but that's Speedlinks for you. I highly reccommend this hotel to any traveler. By the way, I never heard one airplane, and I was on the 2nd floor in a building away from the lobby

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2009

We were able to get a double here for $59.99 with a coupon and it was a great value. We liked everything about this hotel -- the room, the service, the quiet (though right beside the airport), the breakfast, and especially the beautifully landscaped grounds. I can't imagine what anyone would have to complain about this beautiful place.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2009

I was looking for a decent place to stay by the airport and this appeared to fit the bill. The room itself was clean and nice and the staff were extremely friendly. However, there were several issues that were annoying: 1. There were no vending machines in the main building. 2. Somebody burnt something in the restaurant and it was completely filled with smoke. 3. The elevator hall way on the second floor smelled like urine. 4. My wife called at 9 pm to order room service and they said they couldn't do it because they didn't have enough people working. 5. The wi fi internet was not working. They didn't do a good job of impressing me with all this stuff and i doubt I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2009

Just before Easter weekend, I stayed for two nights at this hotel. Super location right near the airport and I was assured that I would not hear any airplanes....true. Stayed in #105 and could hear the incredibly creaky floors of #205 above, that person must've walked a mile each morning, back and forth, forth and back...ugh. Cleaning lady forgot to clean the room on the first day....I reached her down the hall and got fresh towels, no problem...now needed to rest after a full day of outings. Breakfast bufffet is great. Food there at night is non-existent. 9:15 pm and no bar food except junk. He directted me to the "soup in the crock pot" in the foyer hidden away from registering guests....I found it, had some but was told fairly bluntly by the front desk person tht this ws indeed for the "crew". Wasn't too sure who the crew were but -- an epiphany -- the airline crew on late flihts...this was their free food. Not for the tired travellers? Had some anyway. Pool was closed, drink machine was broken and "out of order", TV cable had select channels but minimal. would I stay there again, probably not.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank cpwdesigns1950
Reviewed June 3, 2009

I was stuck at the airport overnight and stayed here. I really liked this hotel but I think it'd be better within the city of Tucson or something. But for an airport hotel, it really exceeded my expectations.

The hotel uses a western theme and the lobby is large, immaculate, and very welcoming which the great service provided by the staff complimented.

Getting to my room took me by the pool which seemed to be very much enjoyed by the guests. The scenery within the hotel grounds was very tranquile.

The rooms were large and typical of the Best Western chain.

I especially liked the bar and restaurant. The dinner was well priced as were the drinks. The bar seemed more like a trendy lounge that you'd expect on a crowded street filled with yuppies. It's definitely a great place for a drink or two if you're stuck in the airport area. It wasn't crowded, they had good beer on tap, and the bartenders provided great service.

Like I said, I really enjoyed the hotel and wish that it were elsewhere. Its location is its worst feature, but if you're staying near the airport, I recommend this one.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights for a conference. If it weren't for the restaurant and it's happy hour everyday, I would not give this hotel any points. I was made uncomfortable from the very beginning when I was forced to sign a form that said that the hotel was not respoonsible for items stolen from the rooms.

The layout: The hotel is made up of four buildings surrounding a pool. The main building holds the restaurant and has one primary entrance. The other three buildings have entrances at each end of each floor that lead directly to the outside. The first two nights I was placed in two different rooms in two of those three buidlings, and the door slamming by transient flight crews kept me up all night for two nights. For the last three nights, I resorted to the main building and stayed in a smaller room. and finally slept soundly. And, yes, all others have it right about the bathrooms, they are tiny!

They do have good wifi service from the rooms which is very practical for traveling on business. Also, I mentioned the daily happy hour. While the restaurant is rather expensive, you can easily eat and drink on the cheap with their $5 appetizers that are like meals - the happy hour drinks are relatively cheap, but noticed that I got charged differently every night for the same drink. The atmosphere of the restaurant/bar area was nice and a pleasant for networking.

I may stay there again... (the Hyatt Place was MUCH nicer but no restaurant in the building - I stayed there the very first night of my stay in Tucson - and through priceline paid less than for Best Western)

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business