“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sierra Vista, AZ
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Excellent accommodations for the price. Clean, wonderful bed, helpful staff and a very nice restaurant on site. The buffet breakfast is outstanding. Very close to the airport but the rooms are soundproof. You only hear the airplanes if the patio door is open. Airport shuttle delivers you within five minutes. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay at Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport and we look forward to providing you with the same superior service the next time you are in town. Thanks again for sharing!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Vacaville, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

So....I checked in with a group of friends, we got feedback from the front desk on how to get to dinner and they called a cab for us. When I returned, I walked through three separate building to get back to my room and the key (of course) didn't work. I walked back to the front desk to get it fixed and was told "oh, we have that you checked out."
Nice. She checked me back in and I left for my room. When I entered my room - there was a male hotel employee there. Not okay! He said that the gentleman who just checked in was given this room and saw my luggage and reported it. They actually checked me in, checked me out and then gave my room away WITH MY LUGGAGE IN IT, while I went to dinner. Needless to say, I will not return. Did not sleep well and did not feel safe there. No apology, no service recovery, no return trip.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Kat S
Dear Kat S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We sincerely apologize for the confusion with your check out. We have shared your comments with our associates to ensure our customer service is top notch and an issue like this does not happen again. We’d like the opportunity to have you stay with us again. Please reach out to General Manager, Kurt Helm at kurt.helm@fourpointstucson.com and he will make sure your reservation is taken care from the beginning.
Pokhara, Nepal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed here for six nights in March. I've stayed in many Four Points for both business and pleasure, and this one was once of the nice ones for restaurant and facilities. The bathrooms are small, sure, but it's a Four Points airport hotel, so yeah, the bathrooms are going to be small. The only down side was the room carpets: they are in desperate need of a shampoo. After one night walking in my white socks, the bottoms were black; I wore my sandals around the room the rest of my stay.

I was pleasantly surprised that despite being walking distance to the Tucson airport, there was absolutely NO commercial airplane noise; none at all! However, the Air Force jets were overhead often, sometimes as early as 6 a.m., so bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper.

The front desk staff gets serious kudos for helping me: I thought I had to leave a day early so I cancelled my last night stay while I was there. Later that same day, I realized I was going to have to stay that night after all. The hotel only had six rooms left, but they were able to get my original reservation back and allow me to stay in my same room. Thanks guys!

Loved: the free water, the bed (not too soft, not too firm); the pillows (lots of them!); the spicy tomato bisque; the staff; lack of noise from the commercial airport; the upgrade to a room with a deck; microwave and refrigerator (especially for a long stay).

Liked: the pool; the gym; the decor; free parking; restaurant.

Disliked: not getting an SPG cookie at check-in as others have reported; room carpet (room would be 4* if not for the carpet); slow internet; no big towels in the gym; notepad in room had exactly one piece of paper; no outlet on bedside table; the Air Force jets (but that's not the hotel's fault).

Room Tip: Bring earplugs for the Air Force fighter jets.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
We really appreciate your review especially since you are one of our frequent guests. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our team provided you with the superior customer service Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport prides itself on. We are looking into the carpet issue in the room you stayed in to address it as soon as possible. We hope to see you again in the near future. Take care!
Henderson, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ok, so you might prefer the shuttle but I walked it with no problem. This place definitely has location for airport use. The front desk staff was great. We're Priceline shoppers and got super rate for this property on a weekend. I found the room we were in at the back of the hotel a bit tired. The mattress was too spongy. Restaurant only adequate and seemed pricey. Staff in restaurant seemed inattentive ... we passed on a second try. All in all I rate it a 4 but if i was paying full price, I would have to drop rating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel is located just across from the airport, within walking distance though a shuttle bus is available. Friendly check in with SPG member cookie :-) Hotel is in several blocks but with proper internal corridors. Really good sized room and bathroom and an excellent bed. Ground (or first to Americans) floor rooms have an external sliding door, ours was unlocked and only noticed by chance to remember to check after checking in! Upstairs rooms have a balcony, some overlooking a central swimming pool.

Parking, wifi, newspaper etc included in cost. Used the hotel's restaurant and bar, Seems Four Points make a point of stocking local 'craft' beers on tap which was much appreciated. Food menu quite small, okay for one night but you might be struggling for variety on the second!

Can confirm no noticeable aircraft noise, a commendable achievement considering the location.

Suspect I will visit TUS again and will definitely look up rates at the Four Points Tucson Airport.

Room Tip: Pool-side rather than car-park side if you're going to spend any amount of time in the room,
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The staff, from the restaurant to the front desk were all fantastic. The room and bed are average, although I liked the soft fluffy pillows. The insulation in the walls is poor. You can hear what goes out in the hall. I did find stains in the comforter that I would have preferred not to see. The room included a microwave, refrigerator, iron and a nice LG TV.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thanks for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it! We are delighted to hear that we met your expectations. Our team is dedicated to providing quality customer service. We’ll look into our comforter quality as well. Thanks again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Nice hotel close to airport! Friendly and accommodating night-time shuttle driver. The bed was very comfortable and it was amazing that we were literally across the street from the airport, and we did not hear a thing. The shuttle runs 24/7.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main front building.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family