“Clean Rooms, Friendly Staff, Good Service!”

BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Globe, United States
“Clean Rooms, Friendly Staff, Good Service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I read reviews from others regarding the train noise and needing earplugs. There ARE earplugs supplied in the rooms but I didn't need them. Very little noise while I was there. Nice rooms. Clean & comfortable. Great service in the lounge and restaurant. Very friendly and professional staff. I'll be back!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Czech first
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

We were unaware of nearby train tracks. Very busy and noisy. Also, thin walls meant that we heard sounds from neighboring units. Amenities were noot refreshed daily and were skimpy - not befitting a Best Western PLUS

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Hi Frank,

Thank you for your review. Please accept our deepest apologies for the inconveniences caused during your stay.

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. I will look into it to see if this is an ongoing issue or a unique unfortunate incident you experienced. Please accept my apology. If you decide to try us again, please ask for me so I may thank you for your feedback and ensure we do our best to serve you.

az
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is an older motel in a poor neighborhood but very well maintained, clean, and with a very professional excellent staff. The excellent free breakfast is served in the motel restaurant. Swimming pool. Fresh cookies upon arrival at front desk. Our room had only a shower, no tub. A fine place to stay if you're just passing through, and want a modest but clean place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi,

We deeply appreciate your very positive review of our business. We are very pleased that you got to enjoy many favorite aspects of what we have to offer.

It was a pleasure to have you as one of our guests and hope to have the same opportunity often in the future. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and how you enjoyed your visit.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

The young man with whom I spoke on the phone was delightful and professional. I'd give him a five. Those expectations plummeted when I checked in with the night manager - a woman in her 50's or 60's. As I was checking in, she said "DON'T let your dogs run all around the room!" I told her I didn't have dogs (a fact she should have known by reading my reservation). She literally grabbed my hand and said "bless you!". This makes me feel bad for guests there who DO have dogs.

I have two cats (who had been crated all day), but found my television didn't work, so I called the front desk to fix this before I let them out for the evening. She said she would be right there, and said that sometimes you had to "scooch down the bed to get the remote to work" (?). I called back again after waiting 10 min for her to show and she snapped "I'm helping guests right now! I'll be there when I can!" I was highly frustrated and desperate to settle in and let my pets out for the evening. After a few more minutes, I watched her saunter up the parking lot to my room. My remote's batteries were dead and she wanted to fiddle with them. I asked her to just leave the replacement remote so that I could be done for the night. She tossed it on the bed and said "sure...whatever". Was glad to check out the next morning. Won't go back. Too many other options.

• Stayed December 2013
Hi,

Our entire team works very hard to provide clean & comfortable rooms along with superior customer service to all guests. Please accept our sincere apologies as we were not able to do that for you. We appreciate your comments & will work on improving in these areas.

calhoun, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Loved it. Location was a bit tough to get to from the freeway, but the solid hot breakfast and good night's rest was awesome for us. We brought ear plugs and didn't have a problem with train noise or anything else that kept us up at night. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Hi,

That you would choose our business for such an important family occasion is quite pleasing to us. Even more rewarding is the reaction that you indicate that your entire party had regarding your visit with us. Wow...does this make us happy. We believe all guests should both expect and receive a high level of service. Thanks for sharing your memorable experience with others.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Not the best neighborhood, however, the hotel was clean and the staff friendly. I would recommend this hotel and stay there again. The restaurant also exceeded my expectations. I arrived late and they were open until 10pm so I was able to eat before calling it a night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Hi Patrice,

Every day we count our blessings that our business attracts such nice and kind hearted patrons like you. That you would take your time to so generously honor our staff is totally appreciated. We are believers that within each review one gets a glimpse of the character and quality of the reviewer as well as that which they review. That being the case....we can only hope that our business is near the quality that you represent.

Thank you for your compliments to our staff, I will be sure to share your comments with them.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon. . .

Carlsbad, CA, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

This hotel should disclose the fact that a freight train will be blasting its horns every 1/2 hour throughout the night. Not sure how far away the tracks are but it sounds like it's coming through the building. When checking in, we noticed ear plugs next to the shampoo. We thought it was for those who didn't want to get water in their ears when showering. We were wrong. When a hotel has to automatically supply ear plugs in its rooms, they should disclose this issue when making reservations.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Hi Kenneth,

As the General Manager of best western royal sun it can be difficult to hear critical feedback, since we care so much about our customers and want to provide value and satisfaction for every one of them. However, I believe we can always improve, so I will share your thoughts with our team to see how we can enhance our customer experience in the future.

We are diligently working with the City of Tucson to resolve this issue & hope to have a resolution soon. We truly appreciate your input.

Respectfully,