“Best breakfast!”

Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Ranked #18 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Most, if not all, Best Western properties offer breakfast, either a buffet-style hot breakfast or a continental style. The Royal Sun Inn & Suites in Tuscon has a restaurant seperate from the hotel on the property that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Each guest receives a ticket good for breakfast at the restaurant each day. While the breakfast choices are a subset of the full menu, they are very good choices. The service is fast and friendly and the food is good, The prices for lunch and dinner are reasonable. We did not eat any other meals besides breakfast but I am willing to bet they were tasty based on our breakfast experience,

The hotel itself is clean and comfortable with a pleasent staff. All in all, this hotel is a good value and I would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Hi,

Thank you for a wonderful review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am also glad that you liked our recently enhanced breakfast menu. This is probably one of the best complimentary cooked to order breakfasts offered at the hotel in Tucson.

Neil Shah

Write a ReviewReviews (1,284)

998 - 1,004 of 1,284 reviews

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were impressed with the rooms and the ability to spread out our family of 5. Our only problem was that the blow dryer burnt out, creating smoke and smell. Thankfully that happened just before checking out. We notified the front desk.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi,

Thank you for taking time to write this review about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have already replaced the hair dryer in that room. We appreciate you letting us know of this at the time of check out.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was surprised when we were given a suite instead of a double queen room. I guess they were on special that week or something and the suite was actually cheaper. ( I am a reward member so manybe that was why) It worked out well because my teenager like having his own TV and bedroom/livingroom, even if it was just a pull out loveseat couch. There were plenty of outlets for his ipod and phone etc. They were attached to the lamp stand and it was nice to not have to look for them on the walls by the floor. Even though I couldn't get a good night sleep for some reason, the bed was very comfortable and the room had plenty of space for toiletries, clothes, closet, drawers and desk space with a nice office chair that leans back. There was a DVD player also available. Both TV's were flat screens. There was a restaurant attached to the hotel with a lounge/bar area. It was convienent to have that available for dinner and breakfast. Especially because I didn't think it was the greatest area of town, even though U of A was nearby. I didn't want to walk someplace or drive someplace to eat. The front office assured me that she walks across the street at night and is fine. She also said there was a security guard. I still felt a little leary. We were only there one night. I do miss the free breakfast buffet that BW usually has but there were 10 breakfasts in the restaurant that were free for hotel guests and it was sufficient. The diner staff was nice and helpful. no compaints. The food was served very quickly and was tasty! My son was there for a competition at the Tucson Trap and Skeet and if he has another competition I would probably stay here again. It was the closest BW to the Shooting range. The grounds had fountains and flowers every where and it was pretty. We didn't use the pool, outdoor jacuzzi or exercise room but all looked nice. Many people were sitting outside there rooms on the patio drinking and talking. It was nice day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Hi,

Thank you for taking time to write a wonderful review. I am happy to hear that your son loved our Jacuzzi Suite. We thank you for being a Best Western Rewards member, we truly appreciate the business & your loyalty to our brand.

I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Thank you for the business & we hope to see you again. . .

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at this BW for our visit to Saguaro National Park. The location was great - close enough to highways, but not noisy. On check-in, we were upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite based on my BW Rewards membership. The room was large with a sitting room, large bathroom area and large bedroom - all nice and clean and pleasantly decorated. All the amenities were there: fridge, MW, coffeemaker, hairdryer and 2 flat screen TVs - one in sitting area and one in the bedroom. Nice desk with a leather swivel chair and good wifi. Two luggage racks (thank you!). Breakfast is included and is served to order in the restaurant. Service was quick and friendly and the food was good. One minor glitch handled nicely - there was no hot water the morning we left. I mentioned it at checkout and the clerk awarded me bonus BW Rewards points - that's the way to keep customers happy.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi,

Thank you for a wonderful review & an amazing description of our suite. We thank you for being a Best Western Rewards member, we truly appreciate the business & your loyalty to our brand.

I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. I am sure they will be thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

" Reception staff were welcoming and helpful at all times and extremely pleasant.
Restaurant staff were friendly helpful and polite at breakfast and dinner, service was prompt and good.
Excellent chef, producing a delicious range of dishes.
Cleaning staff were friendly and helpful.
Hotel facilities were all good, especially the lovely pool area. Well kept grounds with colourful displays of flowers and of course Cacti!!!
A marvellous stay, enjoyed every minute!!! Perfect for our family's needs and a stay we shall remember fondly. Thank you so much!!!!!! "

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for staying with us; we appreciate the business. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We Stayed 2 nights in Tucson to round off our holiday in Arizona, mainly to warm the bones after the chill of Flagstaff.
The hotel was easy to find, about 5 mins from the Interstate from Phoenix.
Check in was efficient and friendly followed by a 'phone call to our room to check that everything was OK.
The suite consisted of a double bedroom separate from the bathroom (whirlpool bath)and living room which had a pull out sofa bed.
T.Vs were in both living and bed rooms.

An excellent evening meal was had in the hotel restaurant, followed by a very relaxing soak in the whirlpool bath.
Breakfast was included in the room rate and was taken in the restaurant, it was a choice of 10 items from the menu.
We had a very enjoyable stay to round off our holiday.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Hi,

Thank you for staying at the Best Western Plus Royal Sun, we truly appreciate the business. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your kind words & compliments about our hotel & our staff. I am also thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated rooms & complimentary cooked to order breakfast.

Once again, thank you for the business & for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again in future . . .

General manager

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Easily accessible to interstate, yet not close enough to have to bother with noise. The Pool is clean and was very inviting to cool off and then lay in sun, as well as spa. Exceptional staff for greeting and check out services. The restaurant is on-site; the food was great and cooked as ordered. I had a very nice selection of foods at breakfast and dinner. The grounds were kept very immaculate every day and the staff always spoke in passing. I wish this Best Western could be copied in all aspects in every place I have to travel because I would not have to worry about anything. I have recommended this Best Western to my fellow business team members and anyone I know going to travel to the Tucson area. I will be staying here again when in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Hi Cynthia,