“Stayed twice”

Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We have many out of town guests. In December and January we had guests who wanted to see Tucson. We stayed at the Best Western Plus and could not be happier. Great prices (call them directly), amazing free breakfast menu, and 2 for 1 drinks. Clean rooms, comfy beds, friendly helpful staff, and great bartender.

Room Tip: Always ask for the top floor wherever you go.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

"Stayed Twice" at the Best Western Royal Sun, Tucson, Arizona.

Thank you for staying at the Best Western Plus Royal Sun, we truly appreciate the business. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I sincerely appreciate your kind words & comments. Our staff works very hard & takes pride in offering clean & comfortable rooms along with superior guest service. I will be sure to share your comment with them. I am also thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our cooked to order breakfast, as it is one of the most popular amenities & our guests love it.

Once again, thank you for the business & for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you in future. . .

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel cause it was close to the job site. Turns out it was great! They upgraded me to a suite with
A jacuzzi and the room was super fresh and clean. The receptionist was very nice. The hotel restaurant had se good food and great craft beers on tap!

• Stayed: December 2012

"This is a very nice Best Western" at the Best Western Royal Sun, Tucson, Arizona.

I will be sure to share your comment with our staff. I am also thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant & lounge, especially the local selection of craft beers.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights and upon check-in, I found that I originally was assigned a room in a hidden corner of the hotel with no view. The clerk noticed this, and immediately reassigned me to a nicer room with a nice view of the pool. The clerk Anne, was super nice, and gave me coupons for the free breakfast and for a free drink at the hotel bar. I ordered supper to-go from the hotel bar which turned out to be very good. My room was immaculately clean, and very spacious. The free breakfast was made to order, and a waitress actually came around to take my order. It was by far the best hotel breakfast that I have ever had. I highly recommend this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are nice
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

"Great place to stay" at the best Western Royal Sun in Tucson, Arizona.

I sincerely appreciate your kind words & comments. It is great to hear that Angela changed your room location to the one with pool view & that you enjoyed it. Our guests are really loving our new expanded breakfast menu & the fact that it is a real restaurant breakfast offered for free to hotel guests. It is probably one of the best complimentary cooked to order breakfasts offered at hotels in Tucson.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Enjoyed our weekend stay, rooms were large and clean. Front desk staff was most courteous and welcoming. Heat/air conditioning unit was easy to regulate to our requirements....and actual thermostat to set....amazing. Most surprising, the attached restuarant was great....in addition to menu there were 3 dinner specials each night. Complimentary breakfast was from a generous menu, and served.....not a buffet!

Room Tip: no elevator, first floor recommended.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

"Clean rooms, great staff" at the Best Western Royal Sun, Tucson, Arizona.

I sincerely appreciate your kind words & comments. Our housekeeping staff works very hard & takes pride in offering ultra clean rooms. I will be sure to share your comment with them. I am also thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our cooked to order breakfast, as it is one of the most popular amenities & our guests love it.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was very happy with this hotel. Though we paid for a regular room, we were upgraded to a mini-suite. The mini-suite was excellent. The heating unit was a furnace & not one of those under the window, loud as can be things with low, med & high speeds but a regular furnace with temperature settings that we controlled. The bed & bedding was great very comfortable.
The front desk staff was very helpful though didn't reiterate to me the serving times for breakfast. Because we were 10 minutes late to the restaurant, we didn't eat there. The only reason I didn't give this all 5 stars was 'cuz of the shower head. I know low flow is important but it's really low flow when it's difficult to rinse shampoo out of your hair. I'll definitely stay here again, though.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

"Upgrade was great" at the Best Western Royal Sun, Tucson, Arizona.

Thank you for staying at the Best Western Plus Royal Sun & for the business. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am also happy to hear that you were give a free upgrade to our Business Plus Mini Suite & you enjoyed it.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've stayed there several times, and the management has always been very helpful, and my room has always been clean and comfy.

The only complaints I have are with the lighting in some of the rooms- they can be dark near the wash basin in the suites. Also, they charge something called a "Green Lodging Tax" that raises your overall cost quite a bit. I'm not sure if it's even a real tax, since other Best Westerns in Tucson don't charge it. Room tax in Tucson is already pretty high in comparison to other cities of similar size and importance, and then you get this little jolt to boot, in a Best Western that's already more expensive than the other ones in town. It's mildly annoying to see such a drastic increase in the total cost of the stay.

The breakfast is made to order in the restaurant next door. You get to choose from 5 breakfast combinations. Service can be a little slow at times when lots of hotel guests pile in, but it's nice to get something made to order. It's a nice touch when most BWs just offer pastry, and do-it-yourself waffles.

Those two things aside, I have liked staying there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

"Nice Place" at Best Western Plus Royal Sun, Tucson, AZ

I sincerely appreciate your kind words & comments. We have recently installed new vanity light fixtures in our suites to enhance lighting. I will be sure to look at our lighting in our suites & work on making it better for our guests. I appreciate you letting us know of your experience.