I stayed here while attending a 2-day course at the university. I didn't want to stay at the hotel on campus due to the price but this one was nearby and very reasonably priced. The place looks fairly new and everything is in good condition. The AC keeps the room at a decent temperature as long as you turn the fan from "on" to "auto". Included with the room is a free breakfast at the restaurant across the driveway. It's nothing fancy but is a warm, freshly cooked meal of either eggs, pancakes, waffles, or some combination thereof. The restaurant also has a lounge which I didn't go to and never heard a noise from.
The only downsides (although my rating of 5 shows how minor I found them):
- The rooms are very dark. The only large window is out onto the outside patio/walkway and is under an overhang, so not much light gets in. Also, because it leads out into the walkway I wanted to keep the curtains closed
- It is a little bit loud, with the occasional noise from the road and a nearby train. I would say though that the road noise is similar to most other restaurants and the train is fairly infrequent.
- If going to the university, it is a bit of a walk, about 20 minutes until you reach the edge of campus (I'm not a slow walker)
- I didn't explored too much but it didn't look like there is much in the way of food around the hotel except for their own restaurant, certainly not any of the major chains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this full-service, Eco-Friendly Tucson, Arizona hotel located close to the University of Arizona, the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and the Old Tucson Studios. Enjoy complimentary COOK-TO-ORDER breakfast each morning at the Royal Sun Restaurant & 2-FOR-1 Drinks at Lounge each evening. The newly renovated Green Certified BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, located near Interstates 10 and 19 in Tucson, Arizona. We offer convenient access to many key area attractions including college Campuses, 3 Malls, three-Golf Courses and the Tucson International Airport. Enjoy spaciously-appointed guest rooms and suites, including hot tub suites, each complete with wired and wireless high-speed Internet access and 32' LCD HD TV with HBO(R) and DVD player. This full-service hotel also features a relaxing outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, fitness center, business services and meeting facilities. Pets are welcome for a small fee. Guests staying at this Arizona hotel will enjoy being close to the San Xavier Mission, the Sabino Canyon, the Biosphere 2 and the Tubac Artists Colony. Just a short drive away, guests can find the Saguaro National Park, the Kartchner Caverns State Park, historic Tombstone and historic Bisbee. For superior customer service and a convenient location in Tucson, Arizona make a reservation today at the BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Best Western, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Royal Sun Hotel Tucson
- Best Western Tucson
- Tucson Best Western