Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Stone Inn(Tucson)
1,331 results
All reviewsfree breakfastadjoining restaurantdrink couponstrain noisemade to order breakfastbest westernsupgraded to a suiteclose to downtownno elevatoron site restaurantdowntown tucsonclean roomsrestaurant staffan older hotelfront desk staffhot breakfastwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 9, 2008

Wow. Where to start...
1. Terrible neighborhood/security. Seedy characters everywhere. Combined with the poor lighting and flimsy bathroom windows (with a broken latch) facing an empty lot strewn with broken glass, I thought for sure I would be robbed at some point during my stay. They absolutely need a security guard or a fence surrounding the exterior of the facility. A drug bust occurred in the parking lot while we were there. I also overheard a guy hanging out around the hotel telling another drifter that he got in a fight the other day wielding a pipe with a sharpened edge. Ok. Attempted murder. Next topic...

2. The painting staff intimidated and harassed my wife. The entire painting crew looked homeless. That would be ok if they were nice. They weren't. One in particular followed my wife and sped up to catch up with her when she was approaching the room. Being scared, she yelled to me (across the parking lot), and he said something like ("oh, you don't want me to come with you?" and laughed). Inexcusable.

3. The rooms are disgusting. I killed multiple cockroaches during my stay. The room smelled moldy and was in generally shabby repair. On my final night, water began pouring through the ceiling of my bathroom. I called the front desk and they told me they could give me a bucket but otherwise couldn't help me. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well.

4. The free breakfast is terrible. Of my 4 days there, I only ate it once. The "seasonal fresh fruit" is one dried up apple. The pancakes were likely the frozen microwave version. We also had a $20 giftcard to the restaurant/bar for booking through expedia which we effectively couldn't use because of the undisclosed restrictions that the manager made up when we tried to use it.

5. Exercise room. Ha! A few rundown budget cardio machines (most of them are broken). Enough said.

6. The noise was terrible. The train is very close. Also, the previously mentioned seedy characters seem to wander the grounds throughout the night, and don't do so quietly.

Bottom line- This is a terrible hotel and you should definitely find other accommodations. I am not usually picky about these sorts of things. I have stayed in my share of dumpy hotels, but none have the audacity to charge $100+ per night as this one did. I am also not prone to be afraid for my safety (I live in downtown chicago). This hotel managed to be the very worst hotel I've ever been to.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
10  Thank rvann2600
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2018

Thank you for your review. Please accept our deepest apologies for the inconveniences caused during your stay.

As the General Manager of best western royal sun it can be difficult to hear critical feedback, since we care so much about our customers and want to provide value and satisfaction for every one of them. However, I believe we can always improve, so I will share your thoughts with our team to see how we can enhance our customer experience in the future.

Reviewed December 28, 2007

Great location, good room, desk staff okay, but not especially polite. depending on who was on duty. Main problem: very limited Tv selections. No PBS, no Comedy, no CNBC, although two of these were listed on plastic card as available stations.

Stayed: December 2007
bwroyalsun, Guest Services Manager, Javier Cruz at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2008

Thank you for your taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites. Since your last visit (December 2007) to our hotel many changes have been made. Our staff members include a group of knowledgeable and caring representatives who are standing by to help anyone of our guests, whether it is directions or restaurant recommendations. Our staff offers superior customer service, handling each of our guests with care. We now offer many different cable television channels including Nickelodeon, CNN, and Starz, HBO plus, HBO west, MTV, ESPN 1 & 2, History channel, A & E and many more. Am sure you’ll find something entertaining from our wide-ranged TV selection. We also have a DVD player in all our guests’ rooms for further entertainment.

Reviewed July 8, 2007

this was a great hotel. Stayed there for 2 nights last week while visiting a friend who lived in the downtown area. This hotel had great personnel. It also came with a complimentary breakfast (hot) -- and though the breakfast was not the best, it was nice to have as an option. The room we booked had 2 double queen beds, and they were comfortable, and the room was clean, and well appointed to.

The internet was complimentary, and it was fast, I had no problems with it.

I am used to usually 4 star hotels, and I was totally satisfied with this hotel for what we paid. $80/ night was totally worth it, and I would stay here again if I needed to stay in the downtown area.

Convenient, clean, location, and great people made this hotel very pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank xichic

Thank you for your review of your hotel. Even though this response is delayed I felt the need to write a response and thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. It is because of comments like yours we are able to improve and get to where we are today. This hotel has undergone quiet a transformation since you last stayed here. Our free cook to order breakfast is better then ever with it wide selection and fast service. Visit us again and we will make your stay a memorable one.

Reviewed March 13, 2007

This is a hotel to pass when staying in the Tuscon area. Some of the issues include dirty room and bath. The internet is very slow and the continental breakfast was so cold that I left it on the table. Check your credit card bill and watch for extra charges after your departure.

Stayed: March 2007
5  Thank snickers101

Reviewed December 21, 2006

Booked one night here. The room was clean and larger than I expected. Nice desk, chair and ottoman. Bed was okay. The front desk staff was very friendly. Overall not a bad place for an overnighter. I am sure there are better hotels but for what it is, its very nice. Nothing special but definately not a dump.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank PHXTrainer

Thank you for your 4-STAR review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you got to enjoy many favorite aspects of what we have to offer. We appreciate the business & look forward to seeing you back soon.