“relaxing, and comfortable”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Charleston, Illinois, USA
“relaxing, and comfortable”
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

My pet friendly room was very nice with plenty of room. The carpet wasn't the cleanest, but was vacuumed thoroughly, and the rest of the room was very clean. (most carpets aren't very clean, truthfully)
I didn't have access to grass for the dog, but could walk her in the neighborhood with relative security. I slept very well - the bed was super comfie and the noise level was very low. AC worked great, and I like having parking lot access to my room because of having a dog and extra things to carry in.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I do apologize for the carpet not being as clean to meet or exceed your expectations. We do shampoo them on a regular basis & will make sure that this room gets shampooed as soon as possible. I am also very happy to inform you that we are in process of installing new carpet in all our rooms.

Our goal is to offer clean & comfortable rooms along with superior guest service to all our guest, every time! I will be sure to share your comments with our staff, I know they will be very happy hear your kind words.

Once again, thank your for the kind words & we will see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Czech first
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Classy hotel in a downtown location. Nice hotel grounds with a restaurant and bar attached. Nice suites, some with a wet bar. If you are looking for a good value, at a top notch property, that is not a cookie cutter looking pace, go there and enjoy a relaxing stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve C

Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We have stayed here every year since 1999. It just keeps getting better. The 2012 breakfast is the best yet. Friendly staff and clean, fresh rooms. We love the remodeled showers. They are so easy to get into.

Room Tip: Even the regular rooms have grab bars for safety.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We very much appreciate the business you have given us over the years & your loyalty to our hotel. We are constantly working on improving our hotel facilities & come up with things we can do to enhance our guests' experience. I am happy to hear that you liked & enjoyed all the upgrades & amenities we offer. I will share your comments with our staff, I know they will be very happy hear your king words.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Nice hotel centrally located in Tucson. Very warm welcome and helpful staff. The lady at the front desk even called us on the phone to hear if everything was satisfactory. The room was big and had all the amenities we needed - even a small welcome bag with water, candy bars, shampoo, tooth paste, deodorant etc. Breakfast was served in their restaurant and you could choose between 8 different meals. Here the service was also excellent. I can definitely recommend this hotel - especially because the price for a room is very reasonable and the staff is great.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rikke21

Nuriootpa, Australia
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

We found it was great, the restaurant being on site made it great at night(didn't have to worry about drink and drive), the staff at both the eatery and the motel always fell over them self to make sure we had a great time, we stayed for 3 days to visit the Titan museum and the Pima restoration centre, don't forget the wildlife place in the hills above Tucson, in other words Great.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to submit this review regarding your stay at our property. My team & I are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience.

Our guests really like the fact that we are conveniently located close to Tucson's most popular attractions such as Old Tucson Studios, Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, Saguaro National Park, Biosphere, Pima Air & Space Museums & downtown art district.

Positive comments drive us to continue offering clean & comfortable rooms along with superior customer service to all our guests, every day. Once again, thank you very much for the business & for your comments. We hope to see you soon.
Leeds, UK
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I travel on business a lot and I'm aware of the range of quality there is out there. This hotel is one of the good ones. The quality of the room and the comfort of the bed were perfect. There was an attention to detail that made staying there a pleasure - there were even little earplugs that my wife, had she been there too, would have loved.

Breakfast was in the hotel restaurant and the two servers there were cheery and efficient. The breakfast was cooked and sent me off to work in good style.

One factor that was such a pleasant surprise was the price. For a hotel of this quality, the day rate was incredible value. My company were paying the bill but if anyone ever asks me to recommend a hotel in Tucson, I will recommend this hotel without a moment's hesitation. Well done, Royal Sun, you should be proud of the service you provide.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank IainCLeeds_UK
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 19, 2012

I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our recent upgrades. Our guests say that we have one of the best free cooked to order breakfasts in Tucson. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff, I know they appreciate hearing compliments from our guests.

Somerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I had a good stay in this hotel. The price is good, and my room was large, comfortable and clean. The staff is nice and the breakfast is ok (not so much choice....)
Bare in mind that this hotel is not very close to the city center...it is at walkable distance from it, but walk in Tucson can be painful if it gets hot....Given it's low price, it's a very good choiche if you have a car and you want to go around by car.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for taking time to submit this review regarding your stay at our property. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

I am also happy to hear that you liked our clean & comfortable rooms & that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Our goal is to offer clean & comfortable rooms along with superior customer service to all our guests, every day. Once again, thank you very much for the business & for your comments. We hope to see you soon.