“Great hotel!”

Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Classy hotel in a downtown location. Nice hotel grounds with a restaurant and bar attached. Nice suites, some with a wet bar. If you are looking for a good value, at a top notch property, that is not a cookie cutter looking pace, go there and enjoy a relaxing stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve C
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Our goal is to offer clean & comfortable rooms along with superior guest service to all our guest, every time! I will be sure to share your comments with our staff, I know they will be very happy hear your kind words.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We have stayed here every year since 1999. It just keeps getting better. The 2012 breakfast is the best yet. Friendly staff and clean, fresh rooms. We love the remodeled showers. They are so easy to get into.

Room Tip: Even the regular rooms have grab bars for safety.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We very much appreciate the business you have given us over the years & your loyalty to our hotel. We are constantly working on improving our hotel facilities & come up with things we can do to enhance our guests' experience. I am happy to hear that you liked & enjoyed all the upgrades & amenities we offer. I will share your comments with our staff, I know they will be very happy hear your king words.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Nice hotel centrally located in Tucson. Very warm welcome and helpful staff. The lady at the front desk even called us on the phone to hear if everything was satisfactory. The room was big and had all the amenities we needed - even a small welcome bag with water, candy bars, shampoo, tooth paste, deodorant etc. Breakfast was served in their restaurant and you could choose between 8 different meals. Here the service was also excellent. I can definitely recommend this hotel - especially because the price for a room is very reasonable and the staff is great.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rikke21

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We found it was great, the restaurant being on site made it great at night(didn't have to worry about drink and drive), the staff at both the eatery and the motel always fell over them self to make sure we had a great time, we stayed for 3 days to visit the Titan museum and the Pima restoration centre, don't forget the wildlife place in the hills above Tucson, in other words Great.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to submit this review regarding your stay at our property. My team & I are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience.

Our guests really like the fact that we are conveniently located close to Tucson's most popular attractions such as Old Tucson Studios, Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, Saguaro National Park, Biosphere, Pima Air & Space Museums & downtown art district.

Positive comments drive us to continue offering clean & comfortable rooms along with superior customer service to all our guests, every day. Once again, thank you very much for the business & for your comments. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I travel on business a lot and I'm aware of the range of quality there is out there. This hotel is one of the good ones. The quality of the room and the comfort of the bed were perfect. There was an attention to detail that made staying there a pleasure - there were even little earplugs that my wife, had she been there too, would have loved.

Breakfast was in the hotel restaurant and the two servers there were cheery and efficient. The breakfast was cooked and sent me off to work in good style.

One factor that was such a pleasant surprise was the price. For a hotel of this quality, the day rate was incredible value. My company were paying the bill but if anyone ever asks me to recommend a hotel in Tucson, I will recommend this hotel without a moment's hesitation. Well done, Royal Sun, you should be proud of the service you provide.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank IainCLeeds_UK
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our recent upgrades. Our guests say that we have one of the best free cooked to order breakfasts in Tucson. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff, I know they appreciate hearing compliments from our guests.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I had a good stay in this hotel. The price is good, and my room was large, comfortable and clean. The staff is nice and the breakfast is ok (not so much choice....)
Bare in mind that this hotel is not very close to the city center...it is at walkable distance from it, but walk in Tucson can be painful if it gets hot....Given it's low price, it's a very good choiche if you have a car and you want to go around by car.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for taking time to submit this review regarding your stay at our property. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

I am also happy to hear that you liked our clean & comfortable rooms & that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Our goal is to offer clean & comfortable rooms along with superior customer service to all our guests, every day. Once again, thank you very much for the business & for your comments. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

The staff at the Best Western Royal Sun Inn made our stay most enjoyable. Very helpful on available restaurants, and local knowledge of where to go. The rooms were clean. The beds & pillows were awesome. We were really refreshed after a long drive from Southern California especially with 3 kids, ages 7,5,and 2. Easily would stay here again. And the have a free breakfast which was very good too.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

I am also happy to hear that you liked our new PosturePedic Pillow Top beds & our pillows. I am very excited to let you know that we are planning some more enhancements this year including new carpet & window coverings as well as bedding upgrades.