“Best free breakfast!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Best free breakfast!”
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

The Best Western Royal Sun is easy to get to from I-10. Our suite was roomy with a jetted tub. The pool was clean and cool. The breakfast, cooked to order at the attached restaurant, was cooked to order and great (diner style). Staff was friendly and helpful. This was a nice pit stop on our road trip.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Saarita
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We have tried many different breakfast offering & finally we have something that exceeds every guests' expectations. Our guests tell us that we offer one of the best free breakfasts in Tucson. We are very happy to hear such a great response.

Once again, thank your for the kind words & we will see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Czech first
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Never disappointed with Best Western. We stay in their hotels about 40 days a year traveling on our Harley's .

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Carnesranch

We sincerely appreciate the business & your loyalty to the Best Western brand. We hope to continue exceeding your expectations in future.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Comfortable hotel in central location. Right off I-10. Clean comfortable rooms. Free Breakfast in sit down cafe next door. 2 for 1 drinks in bar. Good service. Friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Billyd43ta
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 4, 2012

I am thrilled to hear that you liked & enjoyed all the amenities we offer & some of which have been recently upgraded. It is very gratifying for us to see such compliments. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff, I know they will be very happy hear your king words.

Fremont, California
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Our daughter attends the University of AZ. This is the hotel where we stay every time we come to Tucson.

The rooms are always immaculate, the service is excellent, the amenities are great and the free breakfast at the restaurant is wonderful. The hotel is only about a mile from campus!

Room Tip: The suites are reasonable and much roomier than the standard room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Betsy L
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 28, 2012

We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel & the business you have given us over the years. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff, I know they will be very happy hear what you have to say. We are your home away from home & we are glad to have you as part of our family.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Near the Tucson Mall and very close to everything else. This is an all suite hotel with full kitchens and bedrooms with a door. Great hot breakfast in the morning. Also includes two drinks per person during happy hour!! Can't beat the price and I would stay again.

Room Tip: It's an all suite hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sandidan22
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our hotel during your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I am excited to hear that you liked our central location that is close to Tucson Mall, Downtown, U of A, Tucson Convention Center, golf courses & very easy access to & from freeways I-10 & I-19.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I travel the state of Arizona on business every moth and this is by far the Nicest Best Western in the state! It is clean, classy and very comfortable as well as safe. From the minute I walked into the lobby and was met by Angela at the front desk I felt like a Rock Star! I can say at this hotel having a Best Western Rewards membership means something! I was told, “we been waiting for you, how was your trip?” Needless to say I was blown away! Then she upgraded me to a suite which was nice. At the time I thought “that was nice of her.” You see I get upgraded occasionally but this was truly a suite to die for!! It was nicely decorated with CLEAN carpet. You heard me right CLEAN carpet! Then I went in to check out the Jacuzzi tub and OMG wow it was so awesome!!! I did learn that first night to not add bubble bath to a Jacuzzi!! I had never thought about it, I just wanted a bubble bath in the big tub.  Anyway… After my bath I went and climbed into bed and OMG it was the most comfortable bed I have slept in a hotel for a long time!! Needless to say I had a great night’s sleep. I knew I was in the right hotel for the week I was in Tucson on business! Then was my next big surprise, a cook to order breakfast and a waiter that was outstanding! Ron was serving a cook to order FREE breakfast and I felt like I was at a top notch restaurant! Talk about a nice way to start my day before my business got underway. On the third day three I so impressed that I went and talked to Alfred at the front desk, who I thought was the general manager. He politely informed me he was the front office manager. I had to tell him how impressed I was with the entire place and that I usually stayed at another hotel on the interstate and he thanked me for giving them a chance! I can’t say enough good things about this hotel and the outstanding staff. The General Manager Neil Shah definitely knows the meaning of quality in accommodations as well as the outstanding staff he has. I will be back for sure!!!
M. Morgan, Mesa, AZ

Room Tip: I think any rooom here would be great! I prefer the ground floor and felt safe!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mary M

Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I regularly stay at the Royal Sun for business and rarely have a problem. The staff is mindful of my needs and go out of their way to make me comfortable. I appreciate the bottle of water in my room, the refrigerator and microwave. The adjoining restaurant is a good meal at the end of the day. And the free breakfast to order is great too. I would recommend this hotel to all visitors.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank tsakizzie
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 20, 2012