Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$103
$84
Visit Tucson
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$72
$246
$217
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Red Roof Inn Tucson North - Marana(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$50
$328
$233
Loews Hotels
$249
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
$215
Omni Tucson National Resort(Tucson)
$178
$135
Omni Hotels
1,330 results
All reviewsfree breakfastadjoining restaurantdrink couponstrain noisemade to order breakfastbest westernsupgraded to a suiteclose to downtownno elevatoron site restaurantdowntown tucsonclean roomsrestaurant staffan older hotelfront desk staffhot breakfastwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I got a suite for 4 nights. The first night the heat didn't come on. I informed the staff on the following morning and went out to visit my family very tired as I had not slept. When I arrived that night, I assumed the heating was fixed since I had not been notified otherwise. I was exhausted and turned on the heat and got in bed. Two hours later I was still awake and the fan was blowing but no heat. I stayed in bed hopeful, but too tired to complain. Two nights without sleeping I notified the front desk again in the morning. They sent a portable heater on the 3rd morning and said were going to fix it. I arrived the 3rd night and this time waited to see if the heat would work before getting on the bed, even though I was all baggy eyed by now. It didn't. Really again.. and no one was going to contact me. I demanded to be moved to another room. I wasn't going to have a 3rd night without sleep as I was now sick besides sleepy. Yes... I had a warm forth night and was running a fever. Great way to fly back home without saying bye to anyone. The Best Western Staff is the worst !!!

Room Tip: make sure the heater or ac (depending on the season) works before you are in bed. Demand another room as this staff does not want to be bothered.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael1601
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2011

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

I deeply apologize for the inconveniences caused due to malfunctioning of the heating system. I can understand your frustration. I am happy to report that, since your stay we had an outside company service all of the heating unites to ensure proper operation.

I hope you will give u another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

We stayed at a few Best Westerns thoughout our Arizona trip and this BW in Tucson was a good choice. Service was excellent, everyone very friendly and helpful. They have great direction cards to many different locations....close by is Old Tucson, Arizona-Sonora Museum, Pima Air Museum and the Univ of Arizona. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Also enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi....At check-in we received 2-1 vouchers for drinks in the lounge and also enjoyed a great breakfast (made to order) in the restaurant on the property. Fast and friendly service in the morning with a good selection of food. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our hotel during your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We are thrilled to hear that you liked & enjoyed our recent upgrades.

I will share your comments with my team as it will be very gratifying for them to hear your compliments & kind words.

We thank you for the business & hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

Stayed here one night, Nov. 16th. I selected this hotel based on other reviews, but none of them mentioned the train that continuously passes through all night long and prevents anyone with the ability to hear from getting any sleep. It literally came by every hour, and sounded like it was right there in the parking lot. I couldn't sleep, even with earplugs. DO NOT stay here if you are a light sleeper!

Supposedly a no-smoking place, which was another reason we chose to stay here, yet all over the hotel grounds people were smoking, including right outside our room. As another reviewer mentioned, the room was warm and stuffy, and we couldn't open the windows to ventilate the room because of the ridiculously loud train noise. We were also told there was no A/C available because it was turned off for the season. I have never heard of such a thing, especially in the AZ DESERT.

Our room faced the pool, and what looked like a nice spa, but everything was locked up early and we didn't get to enjoy it. The excessively bright lights that surrounded the pool stayed on all night, they were like spotlights, so bright the light came in around the blackout curtain in the room. Not sure why they feel they need to illuminate the place like a prison at night?

There were a total of 2 towels and 1 washcloth in our room, and when I asked for more linens, a girl came to our room with 1 EXTRA WASHCLOTH. My husband had to go to the front desk in the morning to get more towels. I have stayed in many hotels and never experienced this before. The free breakfast the next morning looked great, until I saw the HAIR on top of my eggs. Can't say I was really surprised at that point.

The worst thing about this whole experience was I booked the room online, and was required to give 2 email addresses. Immediately, my husband and I began to receive numerous spam emails, which continues to be a problem. I believe they sold our info. and now we are flooded with spam to our personal email accounts. BEWARE. Thanks Best Western.

The only positive thing was the room, nice and looked remodeled, everything was very clean. But for the money I'm sure there are better places to stay in Tucson.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank AZ_RN_2011
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

I am very sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I deeply apologize to you for not exceeding your expectations.

I assure you that I will speak to maintenance & restaurant staff to address the issues you have mentioned and we will work on improving in those areas.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

i stayed for 1 night, nov 19th. checking in was fast and easy. i asked for directions to 2 places. both staff were eager to please. I was there for the el tour bicycle ride.. the breakfast was cook to order, very good, they even opened at 5am to help us get out of there on time. rooms were clean, new tv, refrig, alarm, coffee maker. the bed was very comfy. nothing negative to say, i would stay there again if i go to tucson.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

We thank you for the business & hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

I reserved this hotel based on reviews that I read and yes, the rooms were clean, but that is about the only nice thing I can say about the place. It is in a scary run down part of town, and there is a very loud and frequent train near by. When we checked into our room, there was no luggage cart and we had to make several trips around the pool to our room with luggage, two four year olds and the dog in tow. The room was very warm and so we turned on the ac which didn't seem to be working. I went to the front desk and told her our ac wasn't working. She said there is no ac. I said that's right. She said no, there IS no ac. Apparently, all of air conditioners had been "switched over" to heat. I was, of course, shocked and asked her how this was possible in Tucson where the temperatures are frequently 80 degrees, even in the winter. I was answered with a blank look and a shrug. She then told me that some of their rooms have heat AND ac and I told her I would very much like to be moved to one of those rooms. She moved us to a room that she said "according to the map" had both ac and heat. We moved all of our stuff, again, and guess what... Still no ac. As I write this, at 9 pm, I am sitting in a sweltering hotel room with two very restless little sleepers listening to the people talking outside and the train that sounds like it is barreling towards the room. I'm not expecting to get much sleep tonight.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank twinmoms
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

I am very sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I deeply apologize to you and your family for not exceeding your expectations. I am glad I was able to speak with you at check out & offer you a refund as an apology for the inconveniences you had to experience.

As I had explained, we try to keep heating or cooling system on in order to conserve energy as well as comply/maintain our Green certifications. We have no intentions of doing anything that affects our guest's experience negatively. In fact, my team & I work very hard in providing clean & comfortable rooms along with superior customer service to all our guests. Our goal is not to meet our guests experience but to exceed them.

As I promised to you at the time of check out, we have turned on our AC system. Once again, we are sorry for the inconveniences. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.