“A Piece of Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Phoenix, Arizona
“A Piece of Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I normally stay at Loew's Ventana when I come to Tucson, but this time I stayed at the Arizona Inn. It was a real bargain at $99 per night. I had a standard room which was upstairs. I asked the front desk what the difference was between the standard and premium rooms, and I was told that the standard room was upstairs but there was no difference in the size of the room. The bathroom was small but contained everything I needed and it was spotless with marble and subway tile.

I ate dinner in the bar when I arrived. I had a delicious quesadilla. It was huge. I did not eat in the dining room during my stay, but it was lovely.

I went to the pool each day. I love this pool! The temperature was warm, like a bath. It was perfect for me. Most hotel pools tend to be on the chilly side, but this was perfect.
The grounds are gorgeous as are the pink stucco'd buildings. People were playing croquet. It was like a scene from the 1930's. I truly loved my stay here. It couldn't have been better!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank susie k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

As we arrived in Tuscon we quickly looked for a place with wifi to search for a decent hotel. The Arizona Inn had good reviews so we decided to have a look.
We were astonished how beautiful this hotel is. The prices are decent ($109 + tax for a room with two queen size beds). They have a well equiped fitness room and a great pool which we enjoyed after a hot day. We can only recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brian Z
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

very convinient very central, a must stay in tucson it does not get any better. we recommend this fantastic place 100 % this hotel is a dream come thru,better than anything else in tucson. prices are ok food is very good, what else is there to say???

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This was the absolute best place we have stayed in our many travels. It was relaxing and classy in so many ways. The staff was excellent especially our maid Lucy who was really helpful and sweet. There was maid service twice a day which included turn down service. The highlight each evening was the ice cream service by the pool. The whole atmosphere of the Arizona Inn made you fee really special. Thanks to all of the great folks there who made our stay so great! We spent 2 weeks there so we could really see the consistency over time!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank BUDJAMES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I had a very large upgraded room, comfortable bed, well-appointed bathroom - especially appreciated the grab bars in the shower/tub. Room was very clean and quiet. I had 2 late meals at the bar - very good service - and could have also eaten outside as the evenings were "cool" - for Tucson in the summer. Although I lived in Tucson for 22 years, I had never stayed at the Inn. They have obviously upgraded everything. Front desk staff, bellhop, etc. were all pleasant and accommodating.

Room Tip: The rates are very low in the summer - before the students return to the University or Arizona in Au...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Myra L
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Still family-owned, and it shows in every eloquently-executed inn detail. My room felt like a grand suite in someone's traditional home, which didn't take much imagination as it is located in a quiet, residential neighborhood. I relaxed immediately upon arrival. A superior, cordial, staff from groundskeepers to front desk to HR office (where we "guest kitty" wandered into the office, then was taken to her filled-food bowl outside the door.) Perfect pool; we were served cold water within seconds of putting our items on a poolside chair. Convenient poolside bar & the complimentary evening ice cream sundaes in the evening. Relax and read the inn history book...I wondered which Golden Age film stars stayed in our room. Just a few blocks from U of A campus, but it seemed far away from the hustle and bustle. Schedule did not permit me to dine, but I look forward to it next time. Like others, I did not want to leave. I hope to visit again in a few months and will make it a destination.

Room Tip: I cannot imagine a bad room at the Arizona Inn.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The Arizona Inn is a classic hotel in the best possible way. The care and attention to all the details, from the moment you step on the property until you drive away, are second to none. The staff is friendly and committed to excellence. The rooms harken back to a bygone era, yet they are modern, extremely comfortable, and well appointed. Everything, including the artwork on the walls, the menu in the formal dining room and the furniture in the library, have been selected with great care. Wonderful casual dining in the Audubon Bar & Patio. The grounds are lush and quite the oasis in this desert climate. A fabulous pool, tennis courts, ping pong table, and croquet available for total relaxation and enjoyment of the property. Great for romantic couples or families. Understated elegance and charm make for a memorable stay. No wonder it has been a favorite for decades. This is a truly historic gem and should not be missed if you ever travel to Tucson. Close to the University of Arizona and conveniently located with access to local attractions, should you desire to leave the property - but you probably won't ever want to leave! Ice cream sundaes served pool side daily and NY Times delivered to your door each morning. Typical spa services provided elsewhere - see the concierge for details.

Room Tip: Room 200 overlooks the pool. Several rooms have private patio seating and are adjacent to lush garde...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple