“Luxurious B&B”

Royal Elizabeth Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #2 of 45 Tucson B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 2, 2006

We had an excellent stay at the Royal Elizabeth.
Jeff and Chuck are perfect hosts -- gracious and helpful as well as discrete. We were most comfortable. And as a traveler who judges vacations by the quality of dining experiences, I was thrilled. Breakfast was absolutely delicious.
The inn is a beautiful Victorian adobe mansion furnished with many pieces original to the home. It is skillfully decorated -- not frilly in the way many Victorians are. Subtle Chinese accents pay tribute to the craftsmen who carved the woodwork. It's within walking distance of fun restaurants and "Old Tucson" adobe. We enjoyed the combination of the luxurious B&B and casual wearing-denim-to-dinner attitudes of Tucson. Although CT is far from AZ, we hope to return to Tucson soon simply to stay at the Royal Elizabeth.

3  Thank Branford

Reviewed November 14, 2005

My husband and I spent 3 wonderful nights at the Royal Elizabeth. From the moment we were greeted by our charming hosts, Jeff and Chuck I knew this place was going to be heaven. The home is gorgeous and has been restored lovingly to it's original beauty and splendor. We stayed in the Ryan Patrick suite, which was large , bright and sunny opening on to an oasis style garden with pool and hot tub, complete with humming birds and butterflies.
The location was great for walking distance to local shops and restaurants.
I think what truly made the place so remarkable was the hosts themselves. Jeff and Chuck took care of our every need. Offering advice on anything from restaurants to hikes. Always managing to send us on the way to exactly what we were looking for.
I would look no further - this is the best place to stay in Tucson.
PS The breakfasts and homemade all day cookies are to die for!

• Stayed: November 2005
2  Thank Canadagal
Reviewed October 18, 2005

My mother-in-law and I flew from NYC to Arizona for my son's Army graduation. Since there is no "special" hotel in the army town (Sierra Vista), we decided to stay in Tucson before flying home the next day. After reading the reviews in Tripadvisor, we chose the Royal Elizabeth, and everyone was right! This is a beautiful, authentic small mansion with gorgeous woodwork, comfortable furniture, and the most accomodating hosts we have ever met. We stayed in the Sydney Marie suite, and with the pull-out sofabed, there was plenty of room. Even though our room had a TV in it, Jeff and Chuck encouraged us to watch in the den on the big screen TV, and my son caught up on his E-mail because they thoughtfully provide free internet use, and free local and long distance phone calls. Later that evening, we sat around their beautiful island kitchen while they prepped for breakfast. The next morning, my son, who had only eaten army food for six months, said it was the most delicious omelet he ever had (EVERYONE agreed!) They gave us excellent directions the back way to the airport to avoid traffic, and we only wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank Frolic1
Glen Mills, PA
Reviewed October 12, 2005

I travel often and this Royal Eliz experience was magical for me.
My trip was a HS reunion (9 women) from the east coast, OK, we are all 60... we all loved it.
The rooms, which the pictures don't do justice were huge and beautiful, fully restored, AND comfy.
The breakfast/bruches were fabulous, our hosts made us feel so at home in their kitchen (they actually gave cooking LESSONS as they prepared the food, I PAID for this privlige in Quebec once!) while I drank coffee and sat at the huge prep island. The others read and drank coffee around the tropical pool as they waited. One AM I did my yoga at the pool while listening to the sound of the water cascading over the rocks into the pool.
The location is in the city but the mountains are so close you can tour the canyons and wild stuff easily (and the best resaurants and IN tuscon (just ask Chuck or Jeff, the owners, they will get you in anywhere.)
When we wanted to veg out, the lush tripical gardens surrounding the pool and hot tub really made us feel pampered as we ate out leftovers we kept in the fabulous kitchen, before we ate AGAIN in the evening.
During our stay we shared the breakfast with a honeymooning young couple who we really liked. It was fun knowing a young couple would enjoy THAT type of experince as much as we did.
It was beyond my greatest expectations and I am going to bring a yoga group next year. Do you want to sign up? Seriously, I would recommend it to everyone.
Magical, lush, comfortable, spotless, friendly, interesting, historical, delicious.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed September 19, 2005

My husband and I were in Tucson for one night, and we had the pleasure of staying at the Royal Elizabeth. It is beautiful! We loved the decor. Everything was perfect.

Upon arriving, we were greeted and given a tour. Jeff and Chuck are gracious hosts. It was obvious how thoughtful and organized they are. We felt so welcomed. My husband and I don't know the area very well, and they gave us some great suggestions for dining and activities.

Breakfast was amazing! Fresh fruit, extra thick french toast, fresh juice, mango chicken sausage.........I really started to wonder why we were only staying one night! :-)

The inn is conveniently located near the convention center, and when some of our friends met us at the inn (we were walking over to the convention center to hear the Dalai Lama speak), Jeff and Chuck offered them inn parking spaces while we were at the talk.

After looking around the inn a while, my friend's eight year old daughter said, "Mom, I want to live here!" I couldn't agree more! I can't wait to go back. It was wonderful!

• Stayed: September 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 9, 2005

My entire stay at the Royal Elizabeth was a pleasant one. The 2 proprietors, Jeff & Chuck, went out of their way to make me comfortable. The breakfast they cooked each morning was amazing (and they take the time to tell you about the ingredients and how they cookied it). The room I stayed in was beautiful and fantastic. Everything was clean, neat, orderly, quiet and professional.

The location is right in downtown Tucson near the major buildings and cool restaurants. They even recommended a Mexican restaurant "El Minuto" that I loved. Any request you have, question you ask will be met and answered.

If you're going to stay in Tucson you have to stay at the Royal Elizabeth. I have traveled around the world and this is the only time I did not have 1 complaint about a place I stayed. Really, this place is perfect.

You'll enjoy "The Liz", have fun!

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank encierro999
Dana Point, CA
Reviewed June 27, 2005

We stayed at the Royal Elizabeth when it was owned by the previous owners and we had a lovely time. We came back! We were PLEASANTLY surprised to find that the Royal Elizabeth was now run by new owners. Chuck and Jeff were even NICER and MORE hospitable. Our stay this time was even more charming and comfortable. They made a very busy weekend seem like a smooth sail. We loved our accommodations, the food was outstanding and the company was a joy to be around. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business