“Excellent B&B”

Catalina Park Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 45 Tucson B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The Catalina Park Inn is a wonderful bed & breakfast! The hosts are generous, thoughtful, and kind. I stayed there twice while on a trip to southern Arizona in April, and I was welcomed and treated as a good friend. The inn and grounds are very well kept, and my rooms were quite comfortable and plush. Such peace in the middle of a big city!! The breakfasts are creative and amazingly delicious. The location, too, is great, with easy access to the university, interstate, and other areas of Tucson. I did not want to leave, and I certainly will return as soon as possible.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lauret S

Reviewed May 26, 2012

My sister and her husband and my husband and I spent a long eweekend at the Catalina Park Inn while we were in Tucson for my daughter's graduation. Paul and Mark are fabulous innkeepers. We had the Catalina room. Sis was in the Bower room. We relaxed in our rooms, which were spacious enough to fit us all at the same time. We sat in the garden in the evening, enjoying wine and the fountains. Breakfasts were delicious, with homemeade marmalade. We were able to hae our daughter join us at the inn for breakfast (thanks Paul and Mark). The other guests were pleasant and interesting. We spent an afternoon enjoying local theater recommended by one of the other guests. The inn is located across from a park and within walking distance of downtown. Despite light rail construction, we walked to dinner several times. It was a very nice weekend.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My husband and I loved staying here; the rooms where tastefully decorated , the hosts friendly and the breakfast great . After we got home my husband mentioned an art piece we had seen in a shop near the B and B that he loved. I called our wonderful hosts and not only did they go and pick up the piece I had purchased over the phone but they shipped it to me for my husband birthday. I was so impressed by their kindness.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I greatly enjoyed my stay at the warm and friendly Catalina Park Inn. I stayed in the Catalina Room, and was extremely comfrtable and happy there. The room is large, the bed so comfy, and the jet tub is delightful. The breakfasts were delicious, and Mark and Paul always took the time to sit with us and help us plan our daily adventures. In the evenings, they left us cookies to enjoy. They also have a large library of DVD's to enjoy. Also, the Inn is a pleasant walk to the downtown shops. I highly recommend the Catalina Park Inn. I will stay there when visiting Tucson again in the future.

Room Tip: The Catalina Room is cool, large, and comfortable. I love the jet tub. There is plenty of light an...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paula B
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We arrived in Tucson on a Sunday... well of course nothing was open and the town was a 'ghost town'. As the days went by the place grew on us....

The B&B is easy to find and a short walk away from the university and fourth avenue shops and businesses, restaurants. This district is very quirky and a real mix of people and students. At the moment it is being dug up as they plan to re-install a trolley system.

The B&B is very quiet and just what you need to relax. The rooms are spacious and decorated to a high standard. We had a room seperate to the house (no 2), with access to the garden. The garden is big enough for everyone to have some seats in their own corner of the garden. The owners put up bird feeders and we spent a long time watching humming birds.

The breakfasts were delicious. Mark seems to cook while Paul is the entertainment and chats during breakfast. They have lots of suggestions for what to do and where to eat.

I understand that they 'shut up shop' during the summer when it becomes way too hot. In April the weather was very pleasant.

I would thoroughly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I work every other week in Arizona, but until this past week, hadn't had the opportunity to stay in Tucson. Because I travel for work, I usually book a room at a Marriott (they tend to be consistent, if nothing else). I checked into the Courtyard Marriott, and immediately checked out upon finding, among other things, a boot print on a pillow and dirty sheets. I went on tripadvisor.com and found the Catalina Park Inn. The reviews were wonderful and the photographs were charming, so I called and spoke to Paul, who turned out to be a lifesaver to this rather desperate traveler, making me feel as though it was no trouble at all to let me check in after their official check-in hours. And Paul, I'm so sorry for the late arrival, but forever grateful to you and Mark--it had been a rough day!

I should mention that the online pictures do not do the inn justice at all; where the photos are charming, the inn is actually absolutely gorgeous with incredible landscaping. I stayed in the East Room, which was beautifully decorated and has a covered balcony, complete with comfy chairs, attached to the room. As I live in an older home, I am in love with details like original wood floors, ornate (original!) tiling and antique doorknobs, all of which the inn has. After a year's worth of traveling to Marriotts, it was wonderful to sleep in a bed that was so comfortable I didn't want to get up in the morning.

Mark and Paul prepared breakfast (on the morning I was there, it was delicious fluffy waffles with scones, fruit, juice and coffee) which was delightful, as were the other guests at the inn.

In the year I have been working in Arizona, this was hands-down the best stay I've had (and the first business trip that felt like a vacation), and is absolutely one of the best stays I've had anywhere at all. I will be booking more appointments in Tucson, if only to have the chance to stay here again.

Thanks again for the fantastic stay!

Room Tip: The inn was very quiet and peaceful; I can't imagine there would be a "bad" room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NicoleY76
Reviewed April 7, 2012

So glad I chose this BnB! An elegant, incredibly tasteful home filled with art, wonderful decor, architectural woodwork, stairs, glass display cases, covered porches, fireplaces...things they dont build like this anymore. And the property is surrounded by a sweeping beautiful dry cactus garden that is as elegant and artful as the inside of the home; directly across the street from a town park. Good parking. I stayed in the East Room; lush deep 4 poster bed, huge period bathroom with all the amenities (glass chandelier a plus), desk, great reading chairs, and a wonderful private 2nd floor porch to catch the light; have that lingering coffee or glass of wine there. Great place to stay for street fairs or events held on 4th Street; 1 block walk away. Easy walk to restaurant for other meals. Hosts are charming; breakfast is gourmet and one you want to linger over. They know how to spoil you - home made cookies waiting for you when you arrive; coffees and teas and special juices whenever you want them. This place was 40% less than other places I stayed at in the area and much more refined. An A+!!!

Room Tip: Stayed in East Room; sunny porch on 2nd floor is an excellent choice if you want to stay and relax a...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo