“Great Birthday/Honeymoon Celebration”

Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #13 of 46 Tucson B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed here at the end of May for a combined birthday/ honeymoon celebration. We stayed 3 nights and purchased the birthday special. Our hostess, Sally, was great! She was very friendly and met all of our needs with a smile. She actually gave us roses on the day we checked out! The birthday celebration includes a cake and a massage. I received the massage on the pool deck with nature for the soundtrack. There is a beautiful ramada so you can enjoy the outside and the pool is very inviting. Breakfasts were wonderful and served on antique dishes. We would definitely recommend this B&B (even though we live in Tucson)!
Angela and Walt

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Congratulations you two. I felt so privileged to have you spend your honeymoon at Cactus Cove.
You had mentioned in your email that you were celebrating your anniversary. When I ask you how long you had been married you responded 3 hours. How fun that was to be part of your celebration. Thanks for the nice review. I certainly hope you celebrate your first anniversary at Cactus Cove or your next birthday. You two are a wonderful couple. All the best good wishes.

There are newer reviews for Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn

Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband Gary and I spent a fantastic week at Cactus Cove in April. We had completely forgotten about the time change and showed up entirely too early, but Sally being the gracious hostess that she is greeted us at the door with a big smile and a great attitude. She led us out into the beautiful seating area and told us to sit and relax, offered us something to drink and told us that she had some chocolate covered strawberries for us. We were in awe of the beauty of everything from her beautiful place to the mountains surrounding it. Sally made us feel right at home and told us all about the area and made recommendations for dinner and also gave us some information with everything to do in the area. When Sally took us to our suite it was just beautiful,it looked just as it did in the photos. She led us through and showed us our private courtyard the outdoor shower. Who wants to take a shower indoors when you can shower outdoors? I could go on and on about the incredible beauty of everything but that would take me all day. Cactus Cove is in a great area, close to everything that we wanted to do and close to some great restaurants as well. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious and I don't think we ever saw the same set of dishes twice, Sally told us that she couldn't do everything without Esther who is the lady that helps her, she is very nice as well. When we returned in the evenings we never knew what kind of treat we would find in our rooms, we had some awesome fresh baked cookies while we were there and there was always an ample supply of water in the room because Sally worries that her guests will become dehydrated. We didn't want to leave when our time was up and we wanted to bring Sally home with us,wish we could have gotten to visit with her more. She was even gracious enough to share her recipe for her spinach pie with me but I doubt mine will ever taste as good as hers. Sally said it's all about the salt but it will take me lots of practice and hopefully one day mine will be just as good. If we ever go back to Tucson we will certainly stay at Cactus Cove, we have told everyone about it. we have stayed at numerous Bed and Breakfasts but we were right at home here.

Room Tip: We loved the Barrel Cactus suite facing the pool.
1  Thank Faye312
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Am so happy you decided to spend your vacation in Tucson instead of the Caribbean Islands.
Also it was great that you stayed one week. I was able to get to know you two. Then when you left it was hard to say goodbye. Thank you so much for writing a nice review. I certainly appreciate you doing that. Hope you return real soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

The inn keeper is as unprofessional as I've ever seen. I've worked in the tourism business for nearly a decade, and I've never witnessed such awful, uncaring, and rude treatment. Sally and the Cactus Cove is too pretentious and money hungry to care about the well-being of her guests. She canceled my reservation one day in advance, leaving my poor girlfriend, best friend, and myself to sleep in our cars. Horrible treatment, and no pittance for their selfish behavior!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank eandp-reviews
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

This person called asking for two complimentary rooms for multiple nights. As this was an unusual request (have donated rooms for charity causes before but never to someone just calling looking for a free room) I told him I would consider accommodating his request for free rooms. However, as a small business owner, if I receive a paid booking with a deposit, I would not be able to accommodate him and his friends, they did not pay a deposit. I notified him as soon as possible that I would not be able to accommodate him. In my 16 years in business as a B & B, I have never cancelled a reservation made in good faith with a deposit. I am disappointed and surprised with this review since this reviewer has never met me or stayed at Cactus Cove. Fortunately, I have been blessed to have had so many wonderful guests stay over the years as you can see from their kind reviews. I truly care that each and every one enjoys their stay here and will continue to make that a top priority.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

On our first trip to Tucson for hiking and exploring a new area we discovered Cactus Cove and owner and hostess Sally. It is difficult to imaging that we could have found a more wonderful base nor, in fact, it is possible to imagine Tucson without Sally and Cactus Cove. The inn, it's setting, furnishing, proximity to the Catalina Mountains and Saguaro National Park (East), its endless touches from the outdoor ramada, to the color schemes, the botanical garden, the charming pool and the light playing on the mountains and the desert - all absolutely wonderful. And then there is Sally - gracious hostess, raconteur, trip advisor, and inspiration for living with grace and kindness. If we are fortunate enough to return to Tucson or if friends travel to the area, Cactus Cove would be the place to go and recommend. We are experienced travelers and have frequented many B&Bs. Cactus Cove rates right at the top.

Room Tip: There are only three rooms and having seen them all you can't go wrong
1  Thank Ira S
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Enjoyed having you two stay at Cactus Cove. It is people like you that makes me enjoy what I do. Thank you for the nice review and recommending Cactus Cove to your friends. Tell Ilene that I am lifting weights just like she told me. Thanks for enriching my life. Hope we meet again sometime.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My fiancee and I were able to totally relax in elegant surroundings and unforgettable vistas while partaking of fabulous hospitality.

Sally the Innkeeper greeted us with chocolate covered strawberries and her breakfast was outstanding. The room was sparkling clean and the decor was artistic and heartwarming. Sitting by her outdoor fireplace in the evening with the mountains turning pink is an experience we will never forget!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

So enjoyed having you and your fiancee stay at Cactus Cove. You two are a darling couple. Am so happy you found each other. Thanks for the nice review. Am hoping that I will see you again at Cactus Cove.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a quiet stay in the Tanque Verde region, as we love the desert in that area and are planning to buy a winter get-away home nearby in the future. We were enticed by the wonderful reviews of Cactus Cove on Trip Advisor, and now understand everyone's enthusiasm. The rooms are lovely, the view is amazing and the breakfasts are quite delicious...but above all else, our hostess Sally really won our hearts. Not only is she knowledgeable about the region, but she just oozes with genuine interest in her guests and clearly loves what she does and where she lives. Her love of life is infectious. Her helper, Esther, does a great job also. My husband enjoyed brushing up on his Spanish with her! And, yes, the bottled water in the room was much appreciated and the coffee in the morning is two thumbs up! (And I love my coffee!) A delightful stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Thank you so much for writing this very nice review. You are a very busy person so thank you, thank you. Enjoyed getting to know you both while you were here. So excited about you two moving to Tucson. Your home is beautiful. Know you will love it here and Tucson will love you. Every time I buy a card it has to be yours. Be sure to keep in touch.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I decided to stay at the Cactus Cove because of its location, a ten minute spin to the base of Mount Lemmon, the world famous 25 mile climb. We enjoyed many things about our stay! Sally is an upbeat and friendly hostess, she greets you with a warm smile and an awesome cup of coffee each morning (that is saying a lot I am a picky coffee drinker, the stronger the better)! While drinking our yummy coffee each morning we relaxed on the southwestern style patio peering at the breathtaking view of Mount Lemmon. Breakfast was served either inside or out depending on the weather. I looked forward to coming to the table each day because Sally changed her color scheme, dishes, flat wear, crystal, and place mats daily. All the food was healthy and tasty, but my favorite was her mother's famous blueberry pancakes. When all the cooking is done Sally sits and chats with you about your up coming day. Our room was nice, four poster bed, Mexican tile and a huge bathroom with an indoor or outdoor shower, but my favorite was the whirlpool type tub, so relaxing. The delicious cookies and gallon of spring water in our room each day after our ride was icing on the cake.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sharktooth, Owner at Cactus Cove Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

It was a joy having you two bikers spend some time at Cactus Cove. I loved that you have such a passion for biking. Especially when you went up Mt Lemmon. What a trip that is and you did it many times. You two have a wonderful life in addition to biking. I enjoyed hearing about those endeavors. Enjoy those biking trips you take throughout the year. Would love to have you return to Cactus Cove.