WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Desert Diamond Casino Hotel

Desert Diamond Casino Hotel
Ranked #62 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Tempe, Arizona
“Desert Diamond lives up to its name”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ok! we have to drive from Tempe to Nogales, Az and back on a friday. Why not find a place to stay and have a little fun on the way back. ? We made reservations at Desert Diamond Casino in Tucson. We were a little apprehensive as Hotel personel in Phx Casino's has been sub par.Well, What a surprise!! The rooms were first rate with everything from makeup mirrors to wooden furnitur in the bathroom for towell storage not to mention a safe,refer. and flat screen TV.THe Steak house is over priced but the Buffet was pretty good with crab legs and shrimp.The free cont. Breakfast was ok and open from 6:00-9:00 The video poker seemed loose enough and there was a separate room for gaming for non-smokers.On Friday night there was a night club with a DJ which seemed popular.The only surprise was that they charged tax on the room which was not mentioned on any paper work. Overall a great place to unwind for a night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BMcBride

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Snohomish, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Let me first start out by saying im really not a picky person, but I do like to stay in a nice clean quiet place, after reading all the reviews I felt like this was a safe stay. We checked in March 15-20. The front desk was friendly and helpful, Our room was fine, king bed, two chairs no table to sit at just a desk. What was horrible was the AC unit clicking on and off thru out the night super loud, and rattled, maintence came and looked at it but found nothing wrong, The sheet on the bed is like nothing Ive ever felt some kind of plastic vinyl material, I was so disapointed how very uncomfortable, 4 star should have nice sheets, I told housekeeping dont bother making our bed with that. And lets not forget about the jet planes firing up at 6 am and 8 am, the windows rattled, forget about sleeping in. The pool was not heated and we were unable to use it. The complimentary breakfast was so so. good for bagel and yogurt. All in All I would have to say I was very disapointed all around, the casino itself was dark, smokey and uninviting, I did my gambling at Del Sol, much nicer. I will stay at Del sol next time. Unless your room is free I would say dont waste your money.

Room Tip: All I can say is I think when I read all the reviews when deciding where to stay Lets just say I thi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CHMoore, Manager at Desert Diamond Casino Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us while in Tucson. Let me assure you that your comments are being shared with our facilities and housekeeping team.

Our facilities department is currently working on a resolution in regard to the smoke in the casino. While we have made some modifications to our mechanical systems, we have not thoroughly completed our project to improve our environment. We shall continue to do so assisted by a team of Mechanical and Consulting Engineers and we are currently working on our protocol of selecting this team to develop our systems approach to move forward.

I appreciate your honesty to your comments as we wish to improve our services to you; please grant our staff a second opportunity to make your next stay remarkable.

GLENDALE, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel is very small, only 4 floors I believe. The only problem is the lonnnnnnng walk to the casino area. also, not many food places. the breakfast buffet didn't open until 11:00 wayyyy too late for early risers --- so you have to eat at the food court for breakfast and that's too small and uncomfortable. We wanted ice cream later in the evening and were told by one concierge that it's in the food court. So we walked allllll the way back over there only for them to say they just have ice cream "bars" not hand packed what we wanted...the walk is tooooo long and I was sore the next day / ha ! rooms were very nice though, no complaints on that!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CHMoore, Manager at Desert Diamond Casino Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel with your visit with us while in Tucson. Your comments are very important to us. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about the distance between the casino and hotel. I did share your comments with our staff and we came up with a solution that may help the next time you join us by utilizing our transportation department shuttle to take you from the hotel to the casino. Just let us know and we will make arrangements.

We look forward to serving you again the next time you come to Tucson. On behalf of our team, we truly appreciate your business.

Amado, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hotel is okay, rooms are average, difficult access to the shower because it is a tub-shower combo, making it difficult for seniors or people with leg issues to get in and out. Check-in was a little awkward as no one was at the front desk at 4:30pm but we could hear people talking behind a wall. When I made comment about "that's why I prefer Casino Del Sol", someone finally came out after about 3 minutes. No uniforms on the employees at the desk, did not look as professional as they could have. The check-in process was delayed because room key encoder did not work, so a clerk had to take us up to our room so we could leave our bags there. However our key was not ready for quite a while so we could not get ice as a room key was needed to dispense ice.

We dined at the Steakhouse and enjoyed a lovely, but quite expensive meal. A $39 ribeye steak was served with choice of potato, chef's choice veg and bread, and a sorbet palate cleanser. No salad or soup. That was extra price, which I feel was excessive for a meal in that price range.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a balcony for smokers, since the hotel itself is non-smoking.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CHMoore, Manager at Desert Diamond Casino Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your visit with us while in Tucson at the Desert Diamond Casino &Hotel. I cannot make excuses on our staff not at the front desk to welcome you when you came to check in. Let me assure you that these comments are being addressed with the staff. Your safety is very important to us. I understand your concerns about the tub and shower combos. We do have other rooms in our hotel that do have separate shower and tubs. Please let us know and if the room is available, we can make those accommodations for you.

I do apologize that we did not live up to your expectations, as we know you have a choice of where to stay when you visit Tucson. On behalf of our team, we truly appreciate your business.

Prestwood England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am not a great Casino fan but with the good seperation of the gaming hall with all its noise and smoke and the hotel, you could take or leave the action.Nice big clean rooms and when booked through the Tuscon Rodeo site very good value. Restaurants in the Casino not up to much but all in all a good hotel. Shuttle staff were great fun and very helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CHMoore, Manager at Desert Diamond Casino Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and casino. I have shared your comments with our staff and I know they enjoy receiving positive feedback. Our goal is to keep improving our services to each of our guests.

On behalf of our team, we truly appreciate your business and look forward to having you as our guest again.

Katie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We arrived here after a too long bus tour. The room is one of the nicest we have seen lately. It was very clean and quiet. We had a delicious buffet for dinner, everything was great. TV in the room was large and even got free wi-fi. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thousand Oaks, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Was there anything amazing about it? No, but the room was clean and well-furnished, the staff was pleasant, and it was quiet and those are things not to be taken for granted. There was a decent fitness center (particularly for a casino hotel which often lacks such amenities preferring that guests have only one activity option) and the pool/jacuzzi looked great, but it was just too cold to check it out.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple