“Great Stay”

Ranked #59 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
El Paso, Texas
“Great Stay”
Reviewed March 16, 2011

Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Received an even better room rate once I arrived. Free internet access was helpful and needed! Thermostat controlled room ac/heater (once a Trane always a Trane) worked great! ! Continental Breakfast was plentiful! Food portions at snack bar/grill were enormous and inexpensive unlike other places! Ahh and the hotel offers Stevia as an alternative sweetener! Other than a rowdy bunch of next room guests who were in and out all night long and slamming doors! Freaking Spring Breakers! The stay was excellent!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Culturalist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
San Carlos Sonora
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We live 300 miles south of Tucson in Mexico and planned a weekend trip for our anniversary to Tucson to do some shopping and gambling. I searched the Desert Diamond website and found $59 a night player's special with a players card. We had a players card but I am sure you could stop in the casino first and get one.

We spent 3 nights and it was great. The casino is a decent walk from the hotel. There is a conference center and an exhibit area of indian culture. We booked a basic room and got an executive suite when I said it was our 45th anniversary. The room was huge but not greatly appointed. It had everything you could want but was not cozy. They had free hi speed internet wifi and cable. A large bathroom with separate tub with a window to the bedroom.

The food court was decent and had a chineese hot table which was quite good and reasonable. The had other standard stuff as well.

The best meal was in the Steak house restaurant. We had the smallest prime rib cut (10 oz) and neither one of us could finish it. The prime rib was delicious and very tender.

We highly recommend this hotel for a short stay in Tucson. It is very close to the airport.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank scmexico
Whidbey Island, Washington
Reviewed January 27, 2011

In these days where it seems that every opportunity is taken to gouge the traveler with an extra fee, how refreshing to find the Desert Diamond, where ALL amenities are included in the room price. My sister and I spent 3 nights here while visiting my parents in Green Valley, Arizona. (The drive back and forth is very easy.) The gorgeous hot tub and pool area was our favorite; there is even an outdoor gas fireplace that is lit up after dark. We used the nice fitness room, included in the room price. We enjoyed a free continental breakfast, free newspaper, and even free printing of our boarding passes on the departure day. The in-room internet service, also included, was the fastest and best connection I have ever experienced in a hotel, anywhere. The staff was professional, friendly, and helpful. Although they did not know it, my sister and I were under great stress because our elderly dad is dying of cancer, and staying at this lovely hotel was a soothing experience in the midst of family chaos. Thank you so much, Desert Diamond.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 3Islanders
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Problems with service began at check-in. I waited while the check-in clerk discussed common friends and took time to locate other guests rooms and their check-in status. I asked for a room not near the elevator and instead was given a roon next to the elevator. The hotel is clean and well maintained with good furnishings. The continental breakfast was good but the "lay-out" of the food was inconvenient due to the use of a bar for the breakfast..

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank TLBTraveler
Sunny California
Reviewed November 17, 2010

The hotel is new and rooms are nice. However, walls are thin--talking in next room is like its in your room.

Very clean rooms with nice decor, extremely comfortable beds.

Noise outweighs there efforts.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank roadtripper100
CHMoore, Manager at Desert Diamond Casino Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Good Evening Roadtripper100,

Thank you for you review concerning our hotel. I do take your comment concerning the thin wall very seriously and have asked our facilities department to help in resolving your concern. We are in the service industry and feedback about our facility is very important to the success of our business. When you come back to the Tucson market, we will make sure you are in a quiet room. Thank you again and have a great day.

Sincerely
Katie Moore
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 2, 2010

This was our second stay at this beautiful Hotel. When we go back, this is where we will stay. Ever-one treated us as if we were Family. I felt like this was my second home. I would not stay in another hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tucsondreamer
Tubac, AZ
Reviewed July 5, 2010

The hotel is great for the price but the staff has no people skills, from check in to the snack bar the people are RUDE. I even noticed a check in clerk over the phone her tone of her voice is just RUDE. They speak to you as if you should know how everything works in from check in to checkout. The only nice girl I encountered was a girl at the coffee bar.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
CHMoore, Manager at Desert Diamond Casino Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience you had when you stayed at our hotel. I want to apologize that you did not receive the service that I expect from each one of our staff members. There is no excuse for the behavior that you had observed. I will address this with my staff and to ensure the highest guest service standards to each of our guests. We are in the service business and understand our guests are the most important person coming through our doors. I know you have choices when you travel to Tucson and we want the opportunity to serve you again. Once again Thank you for you comments you shared with us.