WINNER WONDERLAND

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Tucson, Arizona
“OK if you want cheap sushi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

The best thing to say about this place is that it is cheap. The rolls we ordered looked nothing like the advertised pictures on the menu, some rolls didn't even have all the ingredients the menu said it would. It took quite awhile to receive our order, which is understandable because there was only one waitress There isn't anything ascetically pleasing about the inside, paper signs with writing about prices and menu items are plastered all over the walls. Also, we DID'NT order the all you can eat sushi, but we still were not allowed to take home our left overs. It made me mad I paid for a meal and since I didn't finish it, it gets thrown in the garbage just because they wont invest in to go containers.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Great service, not so great food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Lots of rice in rolls. Very greasy tempura. We consider ourselves "sushi experts" and we will not be returning to this restaurant. Spend the $4 extra and go to sushi garden.

tucson
“CLEAN AND YUMMY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

I have been going to Oishi for several years, and this is BY FAR, my favorite sushi place. If you are looking for DECOR and flash with overpriced everything, then go to Ra or Sushi Garden...This place isn't about flash, its about food. Family owned and operated. Great service and amazing sushi. Try the half and half roll yum!! AND they are always cleaning...Its a big deal to a germaphobe like myself. :) Enjoy!

“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

Took a long time to receive my food even though their were only two other occupied tables, and all the food was drowned in either masago, some kind of sauce, or both. The nigiri was pretty thinly sliced and did not look fresh. The shrimp tempura crunch roll was icy cold in the middle and the Vegas roll tasted funny, like someone forgot to wash their hands before making it. The Vegas roll was swimming in too much eel sauce. I know this is a harsh review, but it was really not good. I really wish I had nicer things to say.

Uijeongbu, South Korea
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI IN TOWN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

I have been going to Oishi since right after they opened. At first I was a very conservative sushi eater but the owner Ray, after several visits and good conversations changed that. The caring person that he is, every time I would go and eat there he would put something different in front of me that he knew I had not tried until I was eating the whole menu. I've been to almost every other all you can eat sushi establishment and their menus are extremely limited as to what you can order. At Oishi the selection is great and the price is awesome. The food is great, the service is great, and the people are genuine. The only reason I haven't been back since May is that I am deployed to Korea right now but can't wait to get home to devour some GOOOOOOOOOOOD SUSHI!!! Keep up the good work Ray and family.

• Visited May 2010