“Thhis Show Will Astound You!”

Tucson Mineral and Gem World
Ranked #4 of 130 Shopping in Tucson
Morro Bay, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Thhis Show Will Astound You!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I ended up in Tucson in February, looking for something to see. In February, the rock show is what you see in Tucson. I was amazed. First, it is the largest gem, mineral, and fossil show in the world. Over forty venues, selling everything gem, mineral, meteorite and fossil that you can imagine. The must see is the show at the Convention Center. It has world class exhibits and specimans for sale. The specimans are so world class that the show is only open to museums one day, so they can buy pieces to exhibit in their own museums. Sellers come from all over the world. Want to buy a ring or necklace or a meteorite or a dinosaur bone? This is the place.

cloudcroft nm
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“IT MUST BE ON YOUR "BUCKET LIST"!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

If you have never been to this show, then you are missing so much! Amazing sights, colorful people, and things you will never see the rest of you life! If you love rocks, love nature, love jewelry, then you will LOVE this show. Countless number of Artist bring their favorites to this city and make it a must see destination...I come every year, and see something I have never seen before every time...

Fairfield, California
250 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Must Go”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Friends have been after us to visit and attend this show, which starts early February and runs 2 weeks and covers 26 venues. All I can say is wear comfortable shoes, bring your wallet and be prepared to be amazed. The offerings of minerals, gems, beads, stones, jewlery,art and all kinds of other things is truly eye opening.

It's fun shoppping and even just talking to the vendors and getting educated on the different products. You won't leave empty handed, it just not possible I really tired hard not to buy anything but the Kino Gem & Mineral Show (open to the public) proved to me my undoing. Some of the venues are open to the public and some require a business licenses (JOGS Tucson Gem & Jewlery Show) but regardles this is a must do if you're in Tucson.

I highly recommend it. It is a great way to spend a day or half a day, depending on how well your feet and wallet hold out. Parking is free and fills up quickly so go early.

Westerly, Rhode Island, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The only place I go for good information and wonderful artifacts”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I found this wonderful place at the foothills of the Tucson Mountain park on Kinny Rd.( look for the Teepee) and found myself in "Wonderland". The owner of this place spent a great deal of time with me, teaching me about the gems and artifacts from the past. He is such a sweet man and full of the knowledge that interns like me, crave. I have been visiting this place for a while now and have learned so much that I know that I won't get better merchandise or better info on what I have purchased in any other place around.
Oh, btw, I spent so much time in this store the first time, I never even got to Tucson Mountain Park.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Pamelajean_12
Tucson Arizona, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing!!!!!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I live in Tucson and this is my favorite rock/gem/fossil shop. The owners are wonderful! They love to teach you about the rocks that are in their shop and are the nicest people ever! The prices are very reasonable, especially compared to other places. I highly recommend this place. It is THE best in Tucson!

Visited December 2012