“I can't wait to go back for another ride!”

Houston's Horseback Riding
Indianapolis
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“I can't wait to go back for another ride!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2009

My husband & I took a whirlwind long weekend trip out to AZ with another couple. Aside from going to Tombstone, the only thing that we all absolutely had to do was find a place to ride. The other couple have FAR less experience (i.e., none) than what hubby and I have (even though we were each about 14 years rusty!). The crew couldn't have been more helpful for our friends, giving them some easy to follow instructions and hints on how to handle our wonderful horses.
Even without knowing any of us, or our personalities, Bobbi managed to match each of us with a suitable horse. I can only remember two of the names: I had Rocker, and my husband had Hammer. I am a very stubborn girl, and I somehow always manage to get a stubborn horse (which I thoroughly enjoy!). Rocker didn't let me down. I fully believe that horses can sense your energy, and Rocker wanted to run. I could feel his muscles twitching for most of the ride. I would have to slow him down, just so he could trot to catch back up. He seemed to like to brush my leg against things, but he was a wonderful beast, none the less. When we were able to run them, (and that has always been my favorite thing about riding...feeling the wind on my face and being one with the horse -- that is freedom, my friends!), he was a perfect gentleman and obeyed any command I gave him.
Along the trail, Bobbi would pause and talk to us about our current location, but she managed to do it without seeming like a tour guide. It was more like being on the trail with your favorite aunt, having her talk to you about the local area.
Bobbi was great with our friends as well - being sure to give them pointers for a more comfortable ride.
Everything about our ride was excellent. You can't beat the price. You can't beat the company. You sure as heck can't beat the view! Bobbi told us on the phone to be sure to bring water with us, and she when we got there, she made little bottle holsters for us.
Like the other comments on here, she asked us if we wanted pictures, and she didn't just snap one shot. I think on my camera, she took 5 pictures to be sure that one of them would come out great.
I absolutely urge you to give these folks a chance. Just don't go there when I am in town...I can't have you narrowing my chances of riding with them again! :)

11 Thank HeatherFincher

buffalo, ny
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2009

Having checked the reviews for the horseback riding companies on the ads in the hotel lobby, we didn't think we would find a good place to go. Then we came across Houston's on the web. I called and Bobbi was very easy to make arrangements with. We arrived to find a well maintained property with lots of horses. The owner was a guide and was very friendly. The two hour trip took us through the beautiful Seguaro Nation Park. The horses were well behaved and needed little guidance. After the trip, we all posed as Bobbi took pictures for us. Overall, it was a great experience and our family highly recommends Houston's.

5 Thank Brian G
dartford
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great trail rides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2007

Had several great trail rides with Bobbi Houston and helpers through the Sonoran desert, where we saw abundant wildlife (at one point we had 4 coyotes watching us trail by). Horses well looked after and well behaved. Great fun! And genuinely nice people too.

----