“Yeehaw! Great desert family fun!!”

Houston's Horseback Riding
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our oldest son (13) wanted to ride a horse in the desert like a real cowboy might have done...So that's what we did! We had a group of 6 including Grandma(70) and Grandpa. Our 10 yr. old son was a little hesitant, he had never been on a horse before. Bobbi, Kaci, and Charlie made us all at ease. Matching us all with perfect horses. Even though it was a hot day, 93 degrees, I told the boys we should wear jeans just in case we bump up against any sticker bushes while riding. Happy we did that, the trail is natural washes and sometimes you get kind-of close to prickly plants, but no one got poked on our ride. We got to see Jack rabbits, pack rat nests, hawks and the beautiful Saguaro Desert. Bring a water bottle, one with a loop of some kind to hang on the horn of the saddle. If you can't find one, they will make one for a water bottle out of some twine. The trail is dusty, now I know why cowboys had bandanas. The horses are great, almost like they are on cruise control. It made for a really nice ride. You get your monies worth, it's about an hour out, and an hour back. I will say we were all a little sore and walked a little slower back to the mini van, but we were smiling all the way! Were still talking about how much we enjoyed it. One thing, I wish the windmill was a little more colorful, it's hard to spot against the desert background. We passed it the first time, but spotted it on the way back. Give yourself plenty of time to find it. If I were a local, I would have my kids in Bobbi's horse camp for sure!

2  Thank mobopolo
There are newer reviews for Houston's Horseback Riding

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The trail ride was good fun, the guides are very experienced with horses and it was amazing to get out and see the National Park from a completely different angle. But be warned it's an expensive 2 hours - $60 per person. A lot of money for a family of four. having said that my daughters adored it and so did I!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Houston's Horseback Riding was on our first day itinerary for our vacation and what a great start! The staff here was very helpful and friendly. My 10 year old had never been on a horse before and they made him feel very comfortable right away. The ride through Saguaro was amazing and our guide was very informative on the history and wildlife of the area. The ride was very organized and you can tell that the horses are very well taken care of. If we make it back to Tucson for another vacation-we will definitely return.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had such an amazing ride! It was so beautiful and the horses were so good and sweet! Bobbi and her great crew made this an unforgettable experience for our family of 4. We have a 7 year old and a 5 year old beginner riders - never been on a horse before - and it was great! They took such great care of them! Made them feel so comfortable with the horses! A must do! Thank you so much for the memories made today Houston's!!! We will be back - with Grandmom!!

1  Thank Kimberly P
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I booked a trail ride with Houston on a recent family vacation, and it was the highlight of my trip. The ride through the Saguaro National Park was stunning. It was a great way to get out and explore the desert. The guides were very friendly and helpful, and my horse - Brandy - was wonderful.