“HOME AWAY FROM HOME”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Seattle poo, Really Rubios? Oh yes, you are from Seattle, that explains your horible review. If you indeed really knew Mexican food instead of those that cater to gringos, and were a Tucson native, you would realize how wonderful and real Los Nopales is. We love Los Nopales and all the employees. We are alway treated with respect, and I have never left without bringing home left overs. Our favorite place to go.

1  Thank pocopharlap
There are newer reviews for Los Nopales

Reviewed April 28, 2011

Good place to stop on the way back to town from the Desert Museum. Small and nothing fancy, but comfortable, casual, friendly atmosphere and inexpensive tasty (though not particularly healthy) food.

1  Thank Dayle F
Reviewed December 29, 2010

After reading all of the glowing reviews I just had to go check it out. Having recently moved to Tucson I'm always looking for THE great place! this was not it!. We went for lunch and there were only 4 other tables in use. The place has no atmosphere at all. I've been all over Mexico and this was only so so food. I didn't find the portions to be large or for that matter very good. I can think of many other Mexican restaurants that are much better than this. Tucson has plenty of great places to eat so why would you go here? Would not recommend this place. My favorite lunch place is Rubio's. There are several around town and the fish taco's are fabulous. Sorry I just couldn't agree with the other reviews.....

Reviewed November 26, 2010

We've been in Tucson for 2 weeks and this is our FAV so far. We were going to do take out opened the door and there was so much excitement in this little place we ate in. Im a member of the clean plate club NOT HERE couldnt finish .

Reviewed November 1, 2010

I'm so glad to see that everyone loves Los Nopales. We live very close to this restaurant and just found it by chance since the appearance of the restaurant doesn't really stand out! We go there every chance we get and always bring our family and friends that are visiting us in Tucson there. The prices are so reasonable and my husband has almost tried everything on the menu and likes it all. I usually get the cheese crisp with carne asada, green chiles, etc.

If you're in southwest Tucson, near Old Tucson, Tucson Mountain Park, etc. stop by! The only downfall is their hours are somewhat limited. They are closed fairly early (7:30 I think) so you may want to call first.

1  Thank Katylily

Been to Los Nopales? Share your experiences!